The New Raith Rovers Thread

hearts were deducted 15 points through no fault of his own and killie never got relegated but due to the club being a shambles at that time in fact they still are at times he was fighting a losing battle and struggled.

That will be why both clubs took heed of these mitigating circumstances and kept him on then?

Face it, he's a dud. I just hope we can finish 8th this season.

How do you know what the mitigating circumstances are at these clubs that he was let go.In fact there was a big kick up from certain quarters when he was released from his job at hearts.

He's signed a load of dross at Killie and on long term deals too, luckily most our squad is already signed up.

Cheap option from the board and a serious lack of ambition

How do you know what the mitigating circumstances are at these clubs that he was let go.In fact there was a big kick up from certain quarters when he was released from his job at hearts.

This might actually come as a bit of a surprise to you, but some of us actually want to go and enjoy the football on display.

We won't get that under Gary f*cking Locke!

Edited by Rovers1992/1993

Give who ever the manger a chance ! The championship is going to be a great league next year ! Most our squad is signed ! He will have some contacts to get in a Decent striker !

Those saying they won't come ! Then that your loss and don't call your self raith fans !! Support the team win lose or draw !! If the manager is not doing well. He will be changed im sure there will be a Claus in the contract. Get ur season tickets so we can get good players ! Simple !

Haters can GTF ... And if he fucks up lock can GTF... Everyone deserves a chance. Hope he does well

Edited by sonicsco

If it's Locke, I'm scunnered with the club. Might as well start looking out the train timetables for Peterhead and Airdrie.

Good luck finding the train timetable for Peterhead.

Of the names banded about in here, I don't think I've heard any that I'd describe as 'quality'. A more accurate description would be lower league managers who've done not much and one twice failed Premier League manager. I suppose Barry Smith could fit into the Premier League manager bit, given Dundee's promotion by default when Rangers died. The word I would use to describe this hotchpotch of candidates would be 'patchy'.

Still, when Ray McKinnon got the job my reaction was also pretty much just a shrug of the shoulders. Maybe the candidate list is where Rovers are as a club. We probably aren't a particularly attractive club to manage, given the manager won't have much of a budget for a full-time club.

Whoever it is, we'll just have to get behind them and hope for the best.

We're probably about to. He is without a doubt the worst manager in our history. Dreadful signing policy, dreadful tactics, dreadful human being.

A glowing reference from one of P&B's most knowledgable posters.

It's a worry alright. That's your opinion in hindsight. What was your opinion when he was appointed at Killie?

What a bunch of negative arseholes on here. Seriously. The guy isn't even here 5 minutes and he's getting torn a new one. Let him Settle in, get some players signed up and see what happens after that.

Even after stewing on it for a whole Nightshift it still doesn't make any sense. This is possibly the worst decision the board have made in recent times. I was seriously looking forward to this season and now I won't even borne going to games.

Hopefully I'll wake up in a few hours to see the board were trolling us and Aitken actually got the job after all.

Had a dream that we gave the job to Ian Murray instead. What a tease. I'm absolutely livid about this, and I'm about as much of a 'happy clapper' as you get. It's just such a fucking shit appointment, lacking in any imagination. In what way is Locke a continuation of McKinnon? Not a fair swap, it's a shit swap. There's an outside chance that I might get my Saturday's back for the first time since I was 17, I was looking into the possibility of getting a season ticket - I'll hold off for a bit I think.

Can't believe this is actually happening.