The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kille fans despise him, Hearts fans hate him, but aye, give thee guy a chance? Should we give anybody a chance regardless? We've replaced Alloa and Livi with the Pars and Aye. It's going to be a tougher league with St. Mirren regrouping and so forth, can we risk Locke? Somebody with such a poor track record? Really?

Edited by Enigma

I had a dream last night that Gary Mackay got the job so this is probably better. Probably.

Can't believe Locke interviewed well given that he no doubt rocked up in a Hearts tracksuit.

This seems very rushed. Given that we've got most of the squad already signed up then there's no need to panic into an appointment. It's not like there's an outstanding name out there we had to get before someone else did.

Stunned.

So what are our thoughts on how the club will positively spin the appointment of Locke (if true...please don't let it be true)

For starters:

- Played at the highest level in Scotland and England.

- Coached in Scotland's top flight.

- Well respected in the game.

Any more?

Utterly laughable that people are saying give the guy a chance. Bought a season ticket before the playoffs hoping McKinnon would be able to build on this season. Now I've spent £270 on watching us appoint Gary Locke. Could actually greet. Any other field and it'd be straightforward getting a refund...

Beat Hibs 1-0 :lol:

You can tell hes a Jambo, has that on it plus "would've finished above Hibs without points deduction", which is effectively saying he would've finished 11th.

Kille fans despise him, Hearts fans hate him, but aye, give thee guy a chance? Should we give anybody a chance regardless? We've replaced Alloa and Livi with the Pars and Aye. It's going to be a tougher league with St. Mirren regrouping and so forth, can we risk Locke? Somebody with such a poor track record? Really?

I wouldn't say I hate him. I just really really really really really really do not rate him as a manager. He simply wasn't good enough for Hearts period, and the emotionally attached Hearts fans couldn't see past that.  

If I had a reason to have any hate related to him, it's the continuous protection he gets from his pals in the media. Spiers was saying on Sportsound a couple of nights ago that Locke was up against it and didn't have enough to work with. It was nothing of the sort.

Sure, he'll get the squad gee'd up for the odd game, but in the face of a bad run, the man crumbles like a washing powder tablet.

Edited by the jambo-rocker