The New Raith Rovers Thread

He's a LB that can play CB if needed is what I've been told. LB is supposedly his best position though. That's maybe why he never stood out, if he was constantly played at CB..?

Could be, seemed small for a centre half. Although he was playing in a 3 with 2 big centre halves beside him so it didn't really hinder him.

Now that I'm back in my beloved Kirkcaldy. I'll be attending more games. I'm trying hard to have faith in Gary Locke, but everyone I've spoken is worried about the appointment and hope we can stave relegation. I really hope the board know what they're doing. But I will back him, he has the majority of McKinnons team. He has to strengthen in the right areas. Chris Johnston seems to be well thought of. Just hope he is over his injuries as well as wee Vaughany. Roll on next season. And I believe wholeheartedly that this is the best Championship in years. COYR

Don't get why people get excited over the standard of this years league. It just makes it less and less likely we can finish in top 4 and makes a damp squib of a season more likely. The more "big" teams in the league, harder it becomes for us to achieve.

Still can't get over the McHatties unproven at this level comment....when he won the league with Hearts and played in the premier with Killie am i missing something in the seethe....

Exactly. If I remember rightly Mchattie was Hearts first choice left back as well the year they won the league..

Chris Smith was Dunfermline's first choice when they won the league - I doubt there would be many who'd have been happy at that signing. 

It basically boils down to the fact that the fans of both teams he's played for don't rate him (and neither do opposing fans). 

Chris Smith was Dunfermline's first choice when they won the league - I doubt there would be many who'd have been happy at that signing.

It basically boils down to the fact that the fans of both teams he's played for don't rate him (and neither do opposing fans).

Why don't you form your opinion after seeing him play rather than listening to others' opinions.. Just a thought though..?

Still can't get over the McHatties unproven at this level comment....when he won the league with Hearts and played in the premier with Killie am i missing something in the seethe....

I thought he didn't play much that season to be fair, Killie is still not this level is it

Grant Anderson has just tweeted 

Disappointed and gutted with how things came to an end for me at Raith Rovers FC. Really enjoyed my 4 seasons at the club and met some great people, and made some brilliant memories. Thanks to all my teammates over the years for making this possible.

Grant Anderson has just tweeted

Disappointed and gutted with how things came to an end for me at Raith Rovers FC. Really enjoyed my 4 seasons at the club and met some great people, and made some brilliant memories. Thanks to all my teammates over the years for making this possible.

Drysdale lied on fantalk then. Fair enough that he can't announce it on fantalk about Anderson. However, he shouldn't have said that 'Anderson hasn't been released' when he quite clearly has.