The New Raith Rovers Thread

Acht well, up to Locke to sort it out. He did try and change things but wasn't to be on the day. Kinda felt we'd slip up today after Alloa's impressive last few results. Annoying thing is Cuthberts hardly had a thing to do apart from pick the ball out the net. We never really troubled their keeper much either mind you. What was the script with the delay in Skacel being allowed on?

There isn't really an over reaction at all. We created absolutely nothing all game. And took off our best striker for a 37 year old who is nowhere near match fit.

That performance was absolutely awful. Nobody could say that's an overreaction. Not a hint of any threat today. Awful.

We really are struggling to create chances. We didn't miss too many against Cove, and it took a penalty to squeeze past Montrose.

As impressed as I was with us up at Dingwall, it took an own-goal for us to get on the scoresheet, and other than the first twenty minutes today, I don't think Parry had a save to make.

We've plenty of attacking options, but we looked inept at actually making any use of them today.

That was utter dross. Looked as though the players had only met today.

Apart from the first ten, and the last fifteen minutes, this was going to be Alloa's game to win.

We really looked clueless, passes all over the shop, lack of support on the break etc,etc,etc.

Worrying thing is many of the squad were from McKinnon's team last year.

Must be the worst I have seen in years.

BTW, Kevin Clancy, glaring penalty from where I was sitting in the South Stand, right in front of the penalty box.

The guy stopped the ball with his hands in front of his face.

That said Alloa deserved their win, all the best.

We got exactly what we deserved....zilch.

Yeah no overreaction at all. Nobody is demanding Locke's resignation or going overboard. Everyone just seems to be calling it as it was. We were awful and never looked like scoring all game.

Surprised Vaughan was taken off, not his greatest game but he always has a spark about him that can create something out of nothing.

Don't want to judge anyone too soon, still getting up to full sharpness but M'Voto and McHattie were poor. Coustrain looked lively when he came on, I thought.

M'Voto and McHattie. Be better with Laurel and Hardy. First has only been bought to head the ball and the second is slow as death. And unable to find any team mates with pass, throw or free kick. Toothless today because we had no shape, nor gameplan. Midfield unable to create anything for forwards to work with. In short, pish.

Christ, it's gone mental already. Wasn't a very good performance but we've all seen much much worse. That Alloa side looks better than the one they had last time out in the higher division.

The only thing that annoyed me was our failure to return the ball properly after a stoppage. Pretty classless, that.

Edited by Yoss

On a side note can anyone tell me why an opposition goal scorer can celebrate in front of opposition fans and avoid a booking but when a player celebrates in front of his own fans there always seems to be a booking. By the way had a tenner on spence scoring as that was always gonna happen. Dire display. Only player that looked interested was McManus. Looks like he good be a good signing. Davo couldn't pass water and personally I would take captaincy of Thomson and give it to Bene as he seems to be the only one willing to to give team mates a bollocking.

our weakness today is clear. davidson and callaghan. they need rested for a while.

Cant agree more! Should of had Matthews and Skacel in there from the start.

To those who say we didn't create chances must have missed to first 25-30 mins where we created several and with Vaughan and McManus linking well on a few occasions.

Our game plan seemed to be to play down the wings which didn't held and Barr and Johnston had an off day.

Acht well, up to Locke to sort it out. He did try and change things but wasn't to be on the day. Kinda felt we'd slip up today after Alloa's impressive last few results. Annoying thing is Cuthberts hardly had a thing to do apart from pick the ball out the net. We never really troubled their keeper much either mind you. What was the script with the delay in Skacel being allowed on?

Had thermal shorts on that didn't match the colour of our shorts so was told to take them off

The way the team is generally set up, we will struggle to score if the wingers don't play well. There is Skacel who has been signed to be a creative link in midfield, but probably isn't match fit yet. 

A bad day. I don't like the new format, but it provided us with a great opportunity to go through as a seeded side and we blew it. 

Susceptible to the ball through the middle of the defence, no real creativity in midfield and lightweight up front. The exact opposite of last week. The squad is still bedding in and it's not even August yet, you're going to get performances like that this time of the season. Chill the f**k out.