The New Raith Rovers Thread

Got to agree Andy. We've had far worse results over the last 2 years. Alloa had maybe one or two chances then just sat in and crushed the game. There's nothing wrong with them doing that. Obviously the onus is on us to meet that challenge and we failed. At least Locke tried to change things. Before the subs we were rancid.

Am I managing the team?  Am I on the board?  I support Raith and I'm giving my opinion.  What reason would I need to make an excuse for the failures of a football team?  Think of the logic.... 

You literally said we hadn't been together long and weren't a 100% fit.

12 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

You literally said we hadn't been together long and weren't a 100% fit.

You said I'm making excuses.  For what reason would I be making excuses?  It was  a statement based on what I believe.  Big difference.. 

Come on now. Jack Ross has signed as many players as us, and Alloa train two nights a week.

What does a full time footballer actually do? Plays fives a few hours a week? They don't practice skills from what I can tell. Full time/part time I can see no difference apart from at midweek games when a part timer might be working during the day.

What does a full time footballer actually do? Plays fives a few hours a week? They don't practice skills from what I can tell. Full time/part time I can see no difference apart from at midweek games when a part timer might be working during the day.

Are we now suggesting there's no difference between part time and full-time training?

That was abysmal. Last week at Dingwall, we went out with a game plan and a shape, stuck to the task and generally looked quite good - yesterday we were nowhere.

Early on, I thought we were a bit slow to start but were coming into it, had made a couple of chances but when Alloa scored we were simply out of it. 2nd half with Alloa effectively shutting down our wingers we ran out of ideas, and in the last 15 minutes we resorted to simply humping hopeful (and hopeless) long balls. It wasn't just the team shape and tactics though, the individual players seemed to forget how to do the basics. It was basically just headless chicken panicking from all involved. 

It's very easy to see how it's being called the way it is.  Not a single clear cut chance after Alloa scored. Not one.

That is the concerning bit for me. The Montrose 2nd half was very similiar in that we didn't create a single chance from when they scored till the end. We were lucky that night to get a penalty that got us out of jail, not so yesterday.

Well that was fairly crap.

Shaky in defence (Mvoto) and devoid of creativity almost everywhere for the last hour after they scored. The final word of the OS updates sum it up perfectly "we got what we deserved, nothing!"

No over-reaction on here as far as I can see merely fully justified criticism.  As far as I have seen nobody is calling for the managers head but (although I haven't yet said so) I privately feel even more strongly than before that we should have gone for the man in the opposite dug-out. 

On paper this was a team that looks like it could challenge for a play-off place, on the grass yesterday it still looks like a team that could be involved in a play-off place but it'll be for the league below if we don't get things together than we have so far. I missed all the other group games but saw us against Partick, Brechin and Forfar, my son said we were really good at Dingwall but on my 4 viewings we look a long way away from a team that will compete with / for the top 4.  We looked like a team who'd just finished a long hard season, not sharp at all.

Dodgy defending, slack and inept midfielders and off the boil attacking. A bad day at the office all around.

Watching the highlights I can't see how it is being construed the way it is. It was rubbish but nowhere near as bad as is being made out

So you weren't at the game? Then obviously you can't see how bad it was.

Barr and Johnstone did f*ck all, all game.

M'Voto looked like a pub team player.

Bene as solid as ever!

Davo was shockingly bad yesterday.

Vaughan really did nothing all game.

McManus at least looks like he could be a decent addition as long as he gets the service.

Callachan was probably one of our better players yesterday... That's when you know we were shite when he was one of the better ones.

Mchattie pissed me off the whole game with him constantly trying to do the same thing, collecting the ball from infield and then turning to play it down the wing. 3 times in 5 mins, the Alloa boy intercepted that same ball from Mchattie.

Coustrain looks decent, once again.

Skacel looks not too bad, it was obvious to see though that he's still not match fit yet. He'll score a couple of raspers this season though with his left peg..

Osei would have been the player I'd have brought on instead of Stewart.

And also I still have no idea why Ross Matthews was dropped yesterday..? He was the highlight of pre-season, and early cup games. Future captain right there. It looks to me that Davo is un-droppable for some reason. Matthews is a cracking young player, yet doesn't get in for an ageing Centre-half playing CM or a player that hasn't been on form in 2016.. Weird decision.( Predictive text :( )

14 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

And also I still have no idea why Ross Matthews was dropped yesterday..? He was the highlight of pre-season, and early cup games. Future captain right there. It looks to me that Davo is un-droppable for some reason. Matthews is a cracking young player, yet doesn't get in for an ageing Centre-half playing CM or a player that hasn't been on form in 2016.. Wierd decision.

As for a weird decision I fear that might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Thought Johnston was poor, Barr had his poorest outing in navy yet, Callachan was woeful (needs dropped) That Davo was the best midfielder (that's how bad we were in midfield) on the day is a tad distressing. Moto was slower than a week in jail and McHattie though good at getting forward, appears isn't too a great defender. Up front in the 1st half I thought Vaughan caused them lots of problems where as McManus didn't once register a shot on target that I can recall during the whole game. 

I'd have kept Vaughan & McManus on though and subbed Callachan for Skacel, then Osei and Coulstarin on for Johnston and Barr. 

Locke and Barr had Alloa watched against County in midweek, that they didn't learn enough to come up with anything like a competent plan is very worrying.

Mcmanus getting slated in some quarters don't know why because he had to go and collect from centre mid and try and create something, when really the Midfield should have doing that job, likewise Vaughan who didn't have a great game because he was starved of any service. Callachan form has just carried on from the end of last season either a side way pass, a pass out of play or a 30 yarder which goes 10m over the bar. IMO the centre mid partnership was a complete disaster and must be change ASAP. 

Went into club shop yesterday to enquire about a home strip for my wee boy. Was told they won't be ordering any as response to email to whole database was only six people. The apathy from fans for the club is appalling .

29 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

As for a weird decision I fear that might just be the tip of the iceberg.

Thought Johnston was poor, Barr had his poorest outing in navy yet, Callachan was woeful (needs dropped) That Davo was the best midfielder (that's how bad we were in midfield) on the day is a tad distressing. Moto was slower than a week in jail and McHattie though good at getting forward, appears isn't too a great defender. Up front in the 1st half I thought Vaughan caused them lots of problems where as McManus didn't once register a shot on target that I can recall during the whole game. 

I'd have kept Vaughan & McManus on though and subbed Callachan for Skacel, then Osei and Coulstarin on for Johnston and Barr. 

Locke and Barr had Alloa watched against County in midweek, that they didn't learn enough to come up with anything like a competent plan is very worrying.

Darren went to the alloa game. garry went to the ayr game, both played the same evening.

My son only started going towards end of last season and kids sizes were sold out. The database is well over 2,500 people yet only six replies?.
The atmosphere yesterday was really flat and fans just can't wait to jump on players backs. Bobby Barr had a poor game but some fanny to the left of me was yelling at him telling him he was shite for half the game. Really contributing to the cause that