The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

No. One over 21 at a time on any type of loan.

What's the qualifying date for what counts as "over 21"? (Declan McManus is 22, though only as of a couple of weeks back.)

14 minutes ago, Yoss said:

What's the qualifying date for what counts as "over 21"? (Declan McManus is 22, though only as of a couple of weeks back.)

Qualifying date is 1st Jan 2016 so could now be 21 as long as they werent at the start of the calendar year. Rule only applies to domestic loans though. Technically foreign loans dont actually count as loans as the parent has to temporarily release the player for international clearance. So you could have an over 21 on loan uf it wasnt from a Scottish club but you cant do that short term. Would have to be window to window so 1st January at least.

Met aaron Lenox at the train station after the game last night and he was on crutches. He's going up to aberdeen and there going to see what the damage is. But if cuthburt isn't fit for next week it looks like we don't have a keeper

Locke said after the game yesterday that he's hopeful Cuthbert will be back next week, but he did say he'd approach the Board about bringing in cover, as he expected Lennox to be out for a few weeks.

30 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Qualifying date is 1st Jan 2016 so could now be 21 as long as they werent at the start of the calendar year. Rule only applies to domestic loans though. Technically foreign loans dont actually count as loans as the parent has to temporarily release the player for international clearance. So you could have an over 21 on loan uf it wasnt from a Scottish club but you cant do that short term. Would have to be window to window so 1st January at least.

Cheers, that explains McManus then.

1 hour ago, Raith_Rasta said:

c5f9b6ccbc12aed01e65439f87f0c678_thumb.jpg

Who is the guy on the bottom left? I love his reactions to the goals when the highlights show the dugout cam the last two games. Absolute mad man ha emoji16.pngemoji106.png

Club Doctor: James Parris

http://www.raithrovers.net/coaching-backroom

1 hour ago, Alyn Stevenson said:

What's the rule regarding cancelling an over 21 loan (not saying Lennox's loan should be cancelled at all but if needs must) could we get another loan over 21?

You can have a maximum of two in a season but only one at a time so if you cancelled Lennox you could get another. 

A few reflections...

1. I agree fully on dugout cam. Its a brilliant addition for both seeing the Bench celebrations and the away team dejection - AJ's hand over face on saturday for the second was magnificent. Also thoroughly involved in the James Parris, or 'The popular Bermudan' as described by the OS, love-in. If anyone knows the highlights-maker, please pass on a massive thanks from my mates, family and myself for a brilliant package. 

2. Having been thoroughly upset with the appointment initially, I was really hoping I was wrong. I gleefully hold my hands up and say that I appear to be well wrong. Its early days and no chickens are being counted but Gaz and Daz have already shown they are not the disaster that many fans of all teams were predicting. The football we have played has been pretty good at times and I think most impressive have been the squad additions. McManus, M'Voto, Thomson, Scacel and McHattie in particular all look very good signings. I am also delighted he is giving Mathews a lot of game time. Whilst this may have been slightly forced due to injuries, its clear looking at his team selections that Locke doesn't have a problem playing the young boys. 3/3 is an excellent start and beating two rivals for a play off spot in saints and the Others is a big marker.

3. I have been very critical of Ross Callachan for most of last season and the beginning of this one. However, i was really disappointed in this as when he first was coming through I was one of his biggest admirers. I am delighted his performances have been excellent of late - akin to Morton away last year - and I really hope they continue as having own him he is a top laddie. 

4. 1700 against saints and 2500 against the Pars is a step in the right direction. Getting the average gate to 1900/2000 and the derby gate to 3000 would be a great achievement by the end of the season. Hopefully the lowering of the prices, which I think was an excellent move by the club, gets a few lapsed fans back involved. The great start, on the back of a excellent season previous, should help too. the crowds regressed over a long period of pretty poor football and results at Starks so it will be a slow rebuilding. Although most people are probably already bang at this, I would encourage as many of you to try your hardest to badger your friends and family to come along and get them back into the habbit. We managed to convince a Dee to come on saturday as they played friday night! Incidentally he is coming again on saturday to hopefully watch us pump United.

5. Does anyone have any update on Craig Barr? will we see him before Christmas all things going well? Whilst Big Jean looks a good signing and the partnership with Bene looks promising, having cover is vital and Barr is quality when fit. 

6. Dobbie i.e. Queen of the South look they will be very strong this year. Anyone who has not seem his goals from saturday should check them out if they want some fear. The first especially just oozes quality, second isnt that bad either! Although we have Lionel Stewart so its all good. assuming Hibs and United occupy the top 2 spots, I think that queens, ourselves and falkirk, despite the poor start will be battling for the other two spots. 

Anyway, really looking forward to heading to Tannadice on saturday, I would Kevin Keegen to beat them.

15 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

A few reflections...

4. 1700 against saints and 2500 against the Pars is a step in the right direction. Getting the average gate to 1900/2000 and the derby gate to 3000 would be a great achievement by the end of the season. Hopefully the lowering of the prices, which I think was an excellent move by the club, gets a few lapsed fans back involved. The great start, on the back of a excellent season previous, should help too. the crowds regressed over a long period of pretty poor football and results at Starks so it will be a slow rebuilding. Although most people are probably already bang at this, I would encourage as many of you to try your hardest to badger your friends and family to come along and get them back into the habbit. We managed to convince a Dee to come on saturday as they played friday night! Incidentally he is coming again on saturday to hopefully watch us pump United.

Anyway, really looking forward to heading to Tannadice on saturday, I would Kevin Keegen to beat them.

I'm having nun of that black and white shite on this thread