The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Martin Nelson said:

Since we seem to be struggling badly with the Youth Development Fund I would be happy if the TV money was allocated directly to that.

51 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What makes you think we're struggling with that?

2 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

There have been various press articles which seem to suggest that we haven't reached anywhere near the £100k target figure.

Doing this will cost at least £110,000 per year which is £60,000 more than our current budget.

http://www.raithrovers.net/player-development-fund

St Mirren are 3/1 to beat us at home on Saturday.

That's a massive steal.

Bobby Barr being back training yesterday is brilliant news though.
I'd imagine he'll miss this weekend and probably Dundee United at home the following week but hopefully he'll back for Hibs at Easter Road. Quite a few Morton fans mentioned his best game in a Morton shirt was away to Easter Road in their 3-0 win. Hopefully more of the same from him. :lol:

St Mirren are 3/1 to beat us at home on Saturday.

That's a massive steal.

Bobby Barr being back training yesterday is brilliant news though.
I'd imagine he'll miss this weekend and probably Dundee United at home the following week but hopefully he'll back for Hibs at Easter Road. Quite a few Morton fans mentioned his best game in a Morton shirt was away to Easter Road in their 3-0 win. Hopefully more of the same from him. :lol:

Unsure how a team who haven't won a game this season being 3/1 away to us is a massive steal, tbh. We've not been playing well but I'd say its pretty much spot on.

Every time weve lost jason thomson to injury or suspension we struggle, 

losing bobby barr at the same time hasnt helped us as he creates so much for us, even just one off chances to win 1-0! 

But getting jason thomson back is a massive must for us, clearly not every fans favourite but brings something that seems to settle the team,

Thomson not likely to be back until the New Year according to Locke. He is about at the same stage as Craig Barr.

February then? Must be taking tips from Barr.

"Jace, why you wanting to play a whole season? Just get an 'injury' and appear for the run-in. Spend a bit of time with the family."

Not great yesterday, Saints looked hungrier and took their chance well.

Not too worried though. We'll improve when we get Thomson back. He's the one we've missed the most because of his excellent organisational skills, he's the glue that holds it all together.

Deccy needs dropped for a couple of weeks, he so much better than his current form suggests and a wee spell on the bench will help him greatly. Locke needs to do it now though or the lads confidence will be completely fucked because it's just not happening for him just now.

Stewart would benefit greatly if wee Vaughan could rediscover his pre-injury form, they were excellent together last season. We all know Vaughan's a player but there's something not right with him at the moment, trying too hard or has the injury taken away that wee bit something special he had?

Boaby will take a couple of games to get going again and once match fit will make a huge difference. Our other Barr will be back at the arse end of January/start of February and again once he's match fit he'll improve the team greatly. It's just a pity the man seems to be made entirely of chocolate.

I'm a fairly positive old sod by nature, granted, but I can't be the only Rovers fan who thinks that we'll kick on again in late January early February?

I see Locke is addressing the fact we're fucking shite by moaning about the referee. A dodgy penalty call hasn't given us one goal in four games against the bottom four, Gary - if we had zero points from our last four fixtures, honestly could we complain?

Also worth remembering he dropped Coustrain, our best player last time out and the only Rovers player to score since October (!), for Scott Roberts. Scott Roberts for f**k sake.

I'm livid at the way our season has changed. We've been absolutely pathetic for weeks now and the manager is doing nothing about it. St Mirren had kept zero clean sheets before yesterday.

It happens every year and McKinnon changed the season last January but it's worth remembering just how good we were after New Year. We lost just four times (Hibs, Alloa and twice to Rangers). It's not like we can do that every year.

Maybe it'll come good, maybe it won't. But we have been absolutely rotten for a long spell now, in fact I can identify two decent performances since the draw at Tannadice in August - Dumbarton at home, even though we ended up clinging on from a 3-0 lead, and Falkirk away. Our only other win in that time was the daylight robbery against free-falling Queens.

Barr returning will definitely help but he's only one man. Locke needs to drop the players who aren't performing and he doesn't seem willing to do it.

I fucking hate winter.

Pretty much this.

I don't buy the injury situation reason that people trot out. Locke has been able to bring in plenty players. The fact he chose to bring in absolutely zero in the way of full back cover is his fault.

And why did any money at all go to signing the guy Crawford if...

a. We don't use him, when players in his position are not performing week in week out.

b. Cash flow is an issue

c. We need strengthening more in other areas.

We are in a decent position still. But we have seen how easy it is for established clubs at this level to fall down a bit. And frankly, with the teams below us getting a wee boost of late....id be inclined to keep an eye down the table rather than up.

Stubbornness was one of the things that lead to Murrays down fall,its vital we address things sooner than later. As right now, I have no idea where our next goal,let alone points, will come from.