The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Darren Barr definitely, Mark Brown and Fraser Wright too before he left. There will be others because #$on$.

I'm led to believe that Fraser Wright supplements his income by raking through bins. Also, keeps his living costs low sleeping in underpasses. Etc.

2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm led to believe that Fraser Wright supplements his income by raking through bins. Also, keeps his living costs low sleeping in underpasses. Etc.

Lies. Fraser Wright lives off Turkish Delight and has the freedom of Perth and Dumbarton, no chance he struggles for a bed.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Careful now, he's been known to post on forums.

Did he not watch an Inverness fan pee, or am I thinking of someone else? Bit odd.

Also, can you deal with this guy on my behalf. I can't find the tears gif, but I know all St Johnstone fans have it close to hand at all points.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:He was given bags of money to get that win rate. Any way, he hasn't worked for 5 or 6 years and there's a reason for that - ask his wife and daughter.

Right enough,Kilmarnock,Ross County and some Dutch mob gave him a fortune to spend

2014 his last job

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Did he not watch an Inverness fan pee, or am I thinking of someone else? Bit odd.

Also, can you deal with this guy on my behalf. I can't find the tears gif, but I know all St Johnstone fans have it close to hand at all points.

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Image result for fraser wright ciftci gif

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Lies. Fraser Wright lives off Turkish Delight and has the freedom of Perth and Dumbarton, no chance he struggles for a bed.

The Turkish Delight are out of date and the 'beds' are flower beds, in other people's gardens. And not nice gardens. I bet he stinks. You're well shot.

Aitken has really turned things around since the Bonnyrigg disgrace and for that I'd much rather he stayed but don't kid yourself on that he's working with a small budget. I have no doubt it's lower than most, if not all in the division but it wont be by a great deal and it's absolutely not a pittance.

We have guys who will be on a very, very healthy part-time wage. I'd say our current squad is on a hell of a lot more than any Ian Murray squad was.

You'd be wrong on your final point but agree that part time wages are decent these days!

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Right enough,Kilmarnock,Ross County and some Dutch mob gave him a fortune to spend

2014 his last job

That's somewhat selective. For the other 90% of Calderwood's managerial career he was given bucket loads of cash. 

His last post in 2014 lasted only 4 weeks. Prior to that he had a 6 week stint in 2012.

In summary 90% of his career was between 1999 and 2009, with the remaining 10% from 2010 to 2014. His last meaningful post was at Ross County and that ended in May 2011, almost 6 years ago.

1 hour ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Ewan Murray doesn't really 'get' football, does he?

As predicted, a couple of pages back, so it begins! Ok, so us fans on forums don't pass comment on the game professionally.... But we do watch our teams week in week out. We see their strengths, weaknesses and moments of tactical flair / ineptitude. We remember how former, and current, players and managers performed during their time with our team. Lots of posters can conjure up all kinds of their club's weird and wonderful stats and an encyclopaedic knowledge of club history. We come on to forums and share news and our opinions. We discuss these things among ourselves and with fans of opposing teams.

But what do any of us know eh? Pundits and old boys (who have a quick glance at our results and maybe cover the odd glamour tie once in a blue moon) know best, we're just the mugs that finance their industry and then moan about everything.... While they do the rounds with their dreary, paint by numbers, newspaper columns and occasional telly pundit appearances, churning out their tired cliches on cue.

The Turkish Delight are out of date and the 'beds' are flower beds, in other people's gardens. And not nice gardens. I bet he stinks. You're well shot.

And yet he'd still likely stroll 90 minutes against your "top class" strike force.

Watching Ciftci constantly drift onto the wing and flat out refuse to play up front last time they met was a spectacular thing. Same with GMS who'd do four step overs before being left a writing mess four feet in the ground.