The New Raith Rovers Thread

44 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Scott Roberts is the only other player I can see making the move. He's a winger.

Centre-mids though. Take any of them, as we havent found a combination yet in there. Davo, Matthews, Callachan, Jordan Thompson, all 4 have been just as poor as each other this season. I would happily see any of the 4 make the short trip along the A92 to yourselves. It won't happen though.

there is one word to explain the 4 you named "as poor as each other this season" - Locke 

he could ruin any player with his level of coaching

Yet another day in the embarrassing season that is Raith Rovers 2016/2017. That's now 2 players we have signed this season, paid 6-7 weeks wages and gotten nothing out of. Yes Locke signed these guys but the board, and I would imagine Eric Drysdale, sanctioned these. 

Quite how Eric Drysdale is still the "Chief Exec" of the club beggers belief. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

By all accounts (Matt Edler) Stevenson just didnt bother turning up to training one day last week.  He really does not deserve anything above and beyond one line of copy.

In any other season, Stevenson would be the big talking point we'd refer to for years to come (dubious signing, ends up in goals, doesn't turn up to training and then announces his retirement, with very little said about it by club). In this bizarre season of twists and turns, he's been consigned to a footnote.

When he was appointed "till the end of the season" I was desperately hoping we'd manage to hang on to him, for next season, somehow. However, if he is indeed off to Motherwell, I'm feeling a bit "meh" about it. I think the giddy days of sacking Gary Locke and bringing in someone with a credible (in comparison to Locke!) managerial record left me on a misguided high. It's not Hughes fault, I just hoped for more under him. 

Did I mention "meh"?

Losing a manager who's only been here a few weeks seems about one of the few things that hasn't yet happened to is this season. 

Next week, Ross Callachan gets a four match ban for doing a Mohsni and booting an opponent up the arse. 

Edited by Michael W

Be a bit of a slap in the face for the Raith board if he jumped ship little more than a month after he said he'd lead you lot until the end of the season.

Cuntish behaviour and I'm just glad Yogi is nowhere near Dens.

I don't think he's that very good a manager so it's happy days if true for myself as a Dundee fan. Hopefully good news for you guys too.