The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

However, he only managed to get one ringer in (Andreu) at United. Is that why they are looking poor? Last season was great but could McKinnin recreate that? Especially if we are in League 1.

A team lead by McKinnon in league one with Barr, Vaughan, Stewart, Cuthbert and Bene among others signed up? I'd be confident we'd romp that league. 

But still, I'd rather focus everything we have on this season! 

Gie Tade £1000 a week from Gordon Brown's pocket to get him home. Unattached. Scoring for clubs abroad. Now back in Scotland. Sign him. Now!

I never did get round to signing up for the Development Fund (something about being asked to sign up for it by the same man who moments before has insinuated I'm a total fud, despite him hiring the Europe's worst manager) but I'd definitely chuck £20 a month into a 'Bring Back Gregory Tade' kickstarter.

19 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We should start a sign Gregory twitter campaign. Just bombard him every day until he caves.

I think he's off twitter. He's on instagram though. Not that I stalk him...

We can but hope that one man is his agent. A man who's helped us out a lot recently. And that is Mr Raymond Sparkes. 

Edited by rw89

13 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Since the Ayr game a couple of weeks back I've resigned myself to relegation in some form.

Even if we finish 9th, there's no way that lot have the fight for 4 playoff ties.

If you can't get past Brechin and Alloa then you'd be fully deserving of a place in the seaside league.

Not liking this battered wife attitude re McKinnon. He screwed you guys over but you'll take him back? Just because you're having a shite season, don't start pining after your ex.

17 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Is there some weird scenario with Hughes' deal at Rovers that would mean we wouldn't need to ask permission to speak to him? If not I'd have thought it'd have been reported one way or another that we'd asked to speak to your current manager tbh. Was quite surprised to find out that, according to an Evening Times report, he'd actually applied for the job while he was still at ICT last season when we ended up going with McGhee.

I don't remember any rumours about that but Hughes did want the Dundee United job and when ICT turned down their approach he threw a massive strop and didn't take training for two days #professional

I'm completely resigned to relegation, and have been since we lost at home to Dumbarton under Locke, in January I think. A brief spell of hope when Hughes was appointed, extinguished in his second match, and last Wednesday when we finally won a match - completely extinguished by another pummelling from Dumbarton.

We're going down. As much as I don't want to believe it, every bit of evidence suggests it's happening. May as well accept it and if we avoid it, then great. 

The nightmare scenario of course is losing to East Fife in the play-offs. But they look like they'll finish above fourth so we might be OK in that regard. 

25 minutes ago, Paco said:

I'm completely resigned to relegation, and have been since we lost at home to Dumbarton under Locke, in January I think. A brief spell of hope when Hughes was appointed, extinguished in his second match, and last Wednesday when we finally won a match - completely extinguished by another pummelling from Dumbarton.

We're going down. As much as I don't want to believe it, every bit of evidence suggests it's happening. May as well accept it and if we avoid it, then great. 

The nightmare scenario of course is losing to East Fife in the play-offs. But they look like they'll finish above fourth so we might be OK in that regard. 

This is exactly where my head is at, as well.

42 minutes ago, RiG said:

I don't remember any rumours about that but Hughes did want the Dundee United job and when ICT turned down their approach he threw a massive strop and didn't take training for two days #professional

Yeah, I hadn't heard anything about it at the time either it was referenced in Scott Mullen's piece in the Evening Times yesterday. He covers all the Motherwell stuff and is pretty close to the club.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15156008.Motherwell_set_to_have_new_manager_in_place_for_Saturday_s_visit_of_St_Johnstone/?ref=twtrec