The New Raith Rovers Thread

Change tack slightly - what's the chat with the new strip? AUFC had a body painted topless wifie illustrating theirs. I'd be happy if someone would just draw it.

Am I right in saying we're releasing a new home and away strip this year?

Or did I just dream that?

I'm sure it was mentioned back in March/April..

Not to be cheeky Beachbum, but just wondered what makes you say that?

I don't know John Sim, nor do I have any particular feelings about him either way - I think there are pros and cons regarding a potential takeover and / future stadium developments. He has been a fairly regular attendee, at home games, over the past couple seasons - so he certainly seems to keep up appearances (at least) from the point of view of showing an interest.

Has anyone else seen John Sim's corporate Twitter account. 

It's oddly fascinating. Like finding a diary on a train. A revolving cast of minor characters and minor events with absolutely no context. 

"Great to see Sergio back at work. We have all missed him and look forward to seeing his new hip in action."

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Has anyone else seen John Sim's corporate Twitter account. 

It's oddly fascinating. Like finding a diary on a train. A revolving cast of minor characters and minor events with absolutely no context. 

"Great to see Sergio back at work. We have all missed him and look forward to seeing his new hip in action."

I'm intrigued... I wonder what Sergio got up to next!

This just on Rovers FB account:

This season, RaithTV Live are offering all RRFC season ticket holders a FREE audio season pass to thank them for supporting the club. That means if you're ever unable to get to Stark's Park for a game, you'll still be able to follow the action wherever you are with live commentary.
Details on how to claim your free pass will available before the start of the new season. Terms and conditions apply.

Edited by Nairney

11 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If only we'd insisted on add-ons for landmarks such as this rather than a sell on clause.

If only we'd kept him instead of swapping him for a bottle of Irn Bru and a couple of doughnuts.

2 hours ago, Beachbum said:

This morning's exclusive in the FFP.

Just to be clear, John Sim is not a lifelong Rovers' supporter. To the best of my knowledge he has never shown any interest in football or any team in particular. Mind you, the same could be said about Gordon Broon.

John Sim used to stand by me at Starks in the sixties and I saw him there when I came home on leave in the seventies. What do you need to do to be a lifelong supporter? I followed the Rovers since 1963 but missed most games while I was in the army for 22 years. So am I a lifelong supporter then? I guess not in your estimation. I can not understand fans having a go at John Sim or Mario they have both helped this club when needed.

1 hour ago, Starkiplier said:

Apart from being a board member of a football club and owning a football stadium?

To be fair, Beachbum may not be far off the mark. He's been fairly low profile (at least publicly) since he took the stadium on, with only fleeting mentions as he's looked to up his control a bit. Weren't Hutton and someone else ousted from the board of the company that owns the ground a couple of years ago? 

I see he bought the old cinema and gifted it over as well so it can be developed into a 2,000 seater venue. Maybe he's just a guy who's done well and wants to do something positive for his home town. 

I have no idea how into football/Raith Rovers he is, but may have just been doing us a favour. Or maybe he is a big fan - I have no idea as we haven't heard too much from him. 

Obviously Raith Rovers and the old cinema are not the same thing, but I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is right that things have to change as we're almost certainly going to make it two in a row of posting a loss, and no way we go a season in L1 and make a profit. 

4 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Ah, cheers. According to the Listed Buildings Register, the only building near Starks which is listed is the building which was 21 Pratt Street, Invertiel Guest House. And it was only Category C listed.

Good news for any future gangsters who want to build flats on Starks Park.

The nearest listed buildings to Starks Park are the two old school buildings at the bottom of Ramsay Road, the old church(as discussed), the railway viaduct and for some fucking absurd reason Balwearie High School.