The New Raith Rovers Thread

Another problem having to compete against council run pitches is the council can run floodlights cheaper than Joe Soap due to having negotiated a cheap rate from the provider, also staffing rates would be subsidised and the true running costs would be break even at best.

Not true as of last season rovers actually have the cheapest rates in Scottish football for electricity and are now on the correct charging structure that gives them even cheaper power at night and weekends and got a bit of cash back in the thousands when I used my contacts with a power company to help the club. As I have my own energy brokerage company.

1 hour ago, sonicsco said:

Not true as of last season rovers actually have the cheapest rates in Scottish football for electricity and are now on the correct charging structure that gives them even cheaper power at night and weekends and got a bit of cash back in the thousands when I used my contacts with a power company to help the club. As I have my own energy brokerage company.

Fife Council are actually generating income through many CHP engines and selling electricity back to the grid, so the costs will still be cheaper than at Starks Park.

No one knows the true financial benefit of AstroTurf other than the club it's self, I think certainly on here the opinion is split on the best way forward but just to keep it because you hate Astro isn't an argument especially if the club is losing 100k a year and they are looking at ways of not losing money. Personally I think Rovers are looking at ways of reducing annual loses and one is the possibility of saving money on hiring Michael Woods, annual pitch maintenance to starks park and also hiring out the pitch. It would be interesting to find out how much RRFC ladies shell out on pitch hire throughout there age groups also I know people who run youth football teams and I know what they are paying which is frightening! Who knows the right answer but the long term future of Raith Rovers is all that matters and if it means installing a 4g pitch so be it

Anyone ITK regarding the strips?

Never bring a size out for infants - think last seasons smallest size was 5-6 years.

Grippit for the wee man and he wants one too but thinking it's going to be the usual and no infant sizes.

If he has, then I genuinely didn't know. Then again, the pars fan I spoke to was an older gentleman with a tracksuit top that he's probably had since the late 80s, and a cap with hundreds of pin badges on it. Dottery auld c**t had probably forgotten spence had went elsewhere.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

If he has, then I genuinely didn't know. Then again, the pars fan I spoke to was an older gentleman with a tracksuit top that he's probably had since the late 80s, and a cap with hundreds of pin badges on it. Dottery auld c**t had probably forgotten spence had went elsewhere.

Was probably thinking of Greig Spence...