The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, rrfsee said:

John Sim used to stand by me at Starks in the sixties and I saw him there when I came home on leave in the seventies. What do you need to do to be a lifelong supporter? I followed the Rovers since 1963 but missed most games while I was in the army for 22 years. So am I a lifelong supporter then? I guess not in your estimation. I can not understand fans having a go at John Sim or Mario they have both helped this club when needed.

Telt

I don't know John Sim nor do I know anything about him but he did help us out in our hour of need , didnt see anyone else stump up hard cash to help the rovers? No matter how he did it he still stumped up  the cash, Some sections of the support are suspicious!  of what? He's the global CEO of a finiancial company he's looking at Rovers being self viable whether it's improving facilities or installing a artificial pitch so what's wrong with that. Look at 2 clubs who finished well above us QOS and Falkirk ,has artificial pitches held them back no ! In fact they hold pop concerts on a regular basis due to a artificial pitch extra income even though it will be a percentage it's still extra income.

Think sections of the Rovers support need to change there way of thinking football is changing and Rovers have to change with it, we are already competing against a ice hockey team who regular get 1000 more than us! No one is interested in the Rovers just now sadly due to either relegation  or a poor match day experience,poor facilities whether it's corporate, or general access for a pint with your mates within the stadium without requiring a membership trust me the demand is there yet we are stuck in the dark ages.

I personally think let's see what happens ? Can John Sim be any worse than our current BOD who have been in charge of one disaster to the next, cost Rovers thousands due to poor decision making, publically slagging there customer base, failing to apologise for last season disaster,  What is our BOD plan ? Have they a plan? What do they plan to invest if John Sim isn't the man because going by the FFP article they are hoping John Sim helps them out because we are skint!

2 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I don't know John Sim nor do I know anything about him but he did help us out in our hour of need , didnt see anyone else stump up hard cash to help the rovers? No matter how he did it he still stumped up  the cash, Some sections of the support are suspicious!  of what? He's the global CEO of a finiancial company he's looking at Rovers being self viable whether it's improving facilities or installing a artificial pitch so what's wrong with that. Look at 2 clubs who finished well above us QOS and Falkirk ,has artificial pitches held them back no ! In fact they hold pop concerts on a regular basis due to a artificial pitch extra income even though it will be a percentage it's still extra income.

Think sections of the Rovers support need to change there way of thinking football is changing and Rovers have to change with it, we are already competing against a ice hockey team who regular get 1000 more than us! No one is interested in the Rovers just now sadly due to either relegation  or a poor match day experience,poor facilities whether it's corporate, or general access for a pint with your mates within the stadium without requiring a membership trust me the demand is there yet we are stuck in the dark ages.

I personally think let's see what happens ? Can John Sim be any worse than our current BOD who have been in charge of one disaster to the next, cost Rovers thousands due to poor decision making, publically slagging there customer base, failing to apologise for last season disaster,  What is our BOD plan ? Have they a plan? What do they plan to invest if John Sim isn't the man because going by the FFP article they are hoping John Sim helps them out because we are skint!

Re. QotS, don't get carried away, they had Status Quo and had to cancel the following years concert.

This is fine if this is the way forward.

Look at 2 clubs who finished well above us QOS and Falkirk ,has artificial pitches held them back no ! In fact they hold pop concerts on a regular basis due to a artificial pitch   

You're still holding out for this Coldplay gig aren't you???

Re. QotS, don't get carried away, they had Status Quo and had to cancel the following years concert. This is fine if this is the way forward.

Hey Airdrie's Excelsior Stadium  was one of the dates on Elton John's World Tour a couple of months ago. Don't knock it!!!

But the Coldplay thing isn't going to happen!!!

Just hope this is over quickly and Sim is in place soon. Two weeks tomorrow we have a competitive game. Think Sim is the man to take us forward. It's isn't the muppets currently running the show.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

Re. QotS, don't get carried away, they had Status Quo and had to cancel the following years concert.

This is fine if this is the way forward.

Eh doesn't help when the founder band member dies? Neither am I getting carried away I was merely using concerts as an example however my argument still stands these clubs are looking at various revenue streams Excluding football Rovers ain't

I'm sure that local residents would be happy for concerts on their doorstep. Falkirk and airdrie stadiums are not being directly overlooked by houses. Even these morons who go to the falkirk stadium and pay to park are bringing them income we can't get.

I think installing a 4g is a good thing from a money point of view, we have the community foundation walking and full speed football teams that play every week but pay out to BHS/FC, and we also have the Rovers ladies and girls teams who I'm sure would love to be based at Starks Park paying out to others that could be going back into the club.

Eh doesn't help when the founder band member dies? Neither am I getting carried away I was merely using concerts as an example however my argument still stands these clubs are looking at various revenue streams Excluding football Rovers ain't

Status Quo played the first year and the amount of tickets sold were a little lower than expected. The next year's event featured a few artists, and was cancelled because no-one bought tickets.

Status Quo weren't playing though, so Rick Parfitt's death didn't have too much to do with it.

The nearest listed buildings to Starks Park are the two old school buildings at the bottom of Ramsay Road, the old church(as discussed), the railway viaduct and for some fucking absurd reason Balwearie High School.

Not that it matters but that church isn't the Listed building. It's the Manse associated with it that's listed. Click on the wee pink circle in that Historic Scotland link I posted previously and you'll see that it's the large house beside it which is listed.

https://canmore.org.uk/site/224041/kirkcaldy-21-pratt-street-manse

http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB44089

Balwearie is listed because...

Examples of listed buildings for education by the department include Balwearie High School, Kirkcaldy (1960-62), Madras College, Kilrymont Road, St Andrews (1964) and Inverkeithing High School (1968).
The 1961 buildings are well-detailed examples of the progressive architectural ideals adopted by the County Council architects in Fife in the post-war period. While compact, the cubic composition of the glass curtain-wall block to the west is carefully conceived with the building’s steel frame clearly expressed. The high school extension blocks are also notable as part of a collection of school work of consistent high quality from the Fife County Council architects department during the post-war era.
John Ramsay Cowieson (1916-2000) studied at the School of Architecture in Aberdeen and was elected ARIBA in 1948. In about 1960 he lived in Glenrothes and may therefore possibly have had a post with the Development Corporation. By 1964 he had a post with Fife County Architect's Department and was living in Cupar. In later life he was an associate member of the Dundee chapter of the Royal Institute of Architects in Scotland. He was project architect at the 1966-71 Elmwood Technical and Agricultural College in Cupar, Fife which is listed at category B (LB 52207).

...and either way, there's no danger anyone will be paying to knock down our Main Stand and spending a load of money redeveloping Starks Park.

http://www.raithrovers.net/30334/aaron-is-roaring-back.htm

http://www.raithrovers.net/30325/right-back-for-jason.htm

So that's Thomson and Lennox comfirmed as back (like we didn't already know). Leaving us short of, in my mind at least, a left back, another wide player, a centre back and some kind of midfield/full back cover.

Edited by renton

If McHattie signs to fill the LB position then I reckon it'll be loanees after that however with Smith saying he wants to properly assess the youths in pre-season suggests he's maybe not in a big rush to sign players just yet. Guessing the FFP never mentioned anything about signings and was all about Sim?

27 minutes ago, Raithie said:

If McHattie signs to fill the LB position then I reckon it'll be loanees after that however with Smith saying he wants to properly assess the youths in pre-season suggests he's maybe not in a big rush to sign players just yet. Guessing the FFP never mentioned anything about signings and was all about Sim?

McHattie was the only potential signing mentioned in the FFP.

We are well enough served in the centre of midfield and up front, but apart from that the squad is looking a bit threadbare.

44 minutes ago, renton said:

http://www.raithrovers.net/30334/aaron-is-roaring-back.htm

http://www.raithrovers.net/30325/right-back-for-jason.htm

So that's Thomson and Lennox comfirmed as back (like we didn't already know). Leaving us short of, in my mind at least, a left back, another wide player, a centre back and some kind of midfield/full back cover.

I can't help but feel that the requirement to have your picture taken with the #roaring back board is putting off potential signing targets.

6 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Status Quo played the first year and the amount of tickets sold were a little lower than expected. The next year's event featured a few artists, and was cancelled because no-one bought tickets.

Status Quo weren't playing though, so Rick Parfitt's death didn't have too much to do with it.

Well McGuigan1978 Basically the concert idea didn't work due to Status Quo? You would struggle to sell out Adam Smith Theatre for the same concert. I personally couldn't careless if they change the surface from grass to artificial and hold pop concerts however where are extra revenue streams going to come from. The present model ain't working and we are being left behind and Rovers need to move with the times

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Well McGuigan1978 Basically the concert idea didn't work due to Status Quo? You would struggle to sell out Adam Smith Theatre for the same concert. I personally couldn't careless if they change the surface from grass to artificial and hold pop concerts however where are extra revenue streams going to come from. The present model ain't working and we are being left behind and Rovers need to move with the times

No, I'm saying there was a dearth of interest in a concert that had been arranged at Palmerston Park. It didn't have anything to do with Status Quo.

As for your general point, I totally agree we should investigate alternative revenue streams, but I'm not sure a plastic park would bring in any additional cash.

Concerts are definitely risky, I believe Queen of the South took a financial hit on the cancelled gig, and I can't see us being able to hire the park out too often either.

If it saved us money on hiring training facilities and reduced expense then I can see the benefits, but unless we can get a huge amount of assistance in terms of paying for it, I'm not convinced it would be particularly worthwhile..