The New Raith Rovers Thread

No sure if i read somewhere or someone at my work said we were losing about 100k a year. We need to do something, the artificial pitch is a good idea, if the local community wants to use it, but as has been stated, you are fighting against balweire and khs which are good pitches. The only novelty we would have over them is you would be playing in an actual stadium. Do we rent out hospitality for kids birthday parties or that? Might be a good idea to offer that? Even say a 10% discount on it for members of the roary club?

26 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

No sure if i read somewhere or someone at my work said we were losing about 100k a year. We need to do something, the artificial pitch is a good idea, if the local community wants to use it, but as has been stated, you are fighting against balweire and khs which are good pitches. The only novelty we would have over them is you would be playing in an actual stadium. Do we rent out hospitality for kids birthday parties or that? Might be a good idea to offer that? Even say a 10% discount on it for members of the roary club?

And the new pitch at Veiwforth High too, and Burntisland and 3 in Glenrothes.

As I keep saying unless somebody is planning on giving to the club for nothing then I can only see it struggling to repay the capital needed to buy it, never mind generate profit.

If it's costing us 60-70k every summer for the upkeep of our pitch add on the savings in not hiring out other places for training for kids, women and first team then we will probably make a saving after a couple of seasons having it. If we can hire it out and make a profit on top of that then it would just be a bonus really.

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

And the new pitch at Veiwforth High too, and Burntisland and 3 in Glenrothes.

As I keep saying unless somebody is planning on giving to the club for nothing then I can only see it struggling to repay the capital needed to buy it, never mind generate profit.

Another problem having to compete against council run pitches is the council can run floodlights cheaper than Joe Soap due to having negotiated a cheap rate from the provider, also staffing rates would be subsidised and the true running costs would be break even at best.

Whilst we won't bring it a huge amount with an artificial surface, it would massively reduce costs in the long run. Add to that better pitch quality, something that we are often highlighted for not having and the fact the development and ladies team can use it too i can only see as a win win

Let's be honest we are crying out for investment in one way or another. As long as it doesn't become debt against the club and helps make us financially stable without hand outs from season to season, there are no down sides.

Good to see Lennox sign back on after a brutal season with injuries last season. Wouldn't surprise me if he takes over from Cuthbert as first choice. Even injured he put in an excellent shift in the one game I saw him. 

Over 800 season tickets shifted too which is good. Just renewed mine after delaying on it. 

9 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

No, I'm saying there was a dearth of interest in a concert that had been arranged at Palmerston Park. It didn't have anything to do with Status Quo.

As for your general point, I totally agree we should investigate alternative revenue streams, but I'm not sure a plastic park would bring in any additional cash.

Concerts are definitely risky, I believe Queen of the South took a financial hit on the cancelled gig, and I can't see us being able to hire the park out too often either.

If it saved us money on hiring training facilities and reduced expense then I can see the benefits, but unless we can get a huge amount of assistance in terms of paying for it, I'm not convinced it would be particularly worthwhile..

I totally agree I'm purely looking on at as extra revenue as currently they have no extra income coming in apart from match days. If we go artificial and we make money that's great go for it ! I just don't see Starks Park making any money just now, I'm not sure but does QOTS not have an indoor arena next to Palmerston because I'm sure the raise extra funds through that facility also