The New Raith Rovers Thread

19 hours ago, basher brash said:

He was the best striker  in league 1 last year ! Probably voted by some of your own players as well. Think looking at the stats your deluded by that comment obviously excelled with better players when with Alloa then Livingston however I'm sure you will prove everyone wrong as big Pagey will keep him quiet

Yes I'm clearly deluded Basher.

I'm merely pointing out that Buchanan in my opinion (of course) is way overrated. If its true your club has forked out a big chunk of the playing budget on him then that's a huge gamble by Smith.

You want to get all het up over it carry on lad.

1 minute ago, Stevo Fife said:

Yes I'm clearly deluded Basher.

I'm merely pointing out that Buchanan in my opinion (of course) is way overrated. If its true your club has forked out a big chunk of the playing budget on him then that's a huge gamble by Smith.

You want to get all het up over it carry on lad.

I'll be honest, I think Buchanan looks like a great bit of business by Raith, even if they have fired a whole load of budget his way. Proven goalscorers are few are far between, and few play consistently in League 1. He's about as proven and consistent a striker as you can get and, even if he doesn't hit top form, should easily hit 15 goals or so this season. Having someone who can get those goals in scrappy 1-0 wins that they don't deserve is what wins titles.

A front three of Vaughan, Buchanan and Spence is better than quite a few Championship clubs, and should be the best in L1. Add in Benedictus who will be one of the best defenders, Cuthbert (once fit) who'll be one of the best 'keepers and I think Raith have a very strong looking unit, which only really lacks numbers and quality in midfield, and at full-back (purely as an outsider looking in).

We have 3 trialists at the minute

Matthew Rooney, a 27 yr old striker who's spent the last 6 months at Cowden despite being injured the entire time.

Calvin Colquhoun, a 20 yr old CM who was released last month from Dundee.

Michael McMullin, a 20 yr old CB who was released by Partick last month. He can also play LB.

McMullin is definitely the number 3. After a quick look at Google Images, I'd suggest the number 2 isn't Colquhoun. Can't find a decent photo of Rooney, but this boy looks younger than 27.

Just now, donny86 said:

Yaw and thorsen are trialists. Others are McMullen, colquhoun and the young keeper who is signed as an amateur

McMullen looking decent at left back. Getting into good positions forwarf. Gangly fucker right enough.

We're thinking number 2 is Connor pepper. McMullen definitely addressed him as Connor at one point during the game...

Possibly. I definately heard McMullin call him Connor as well.
Presume since no one has mentioned it we're not wearing the new jersey?
Nah. Last season's away top.