The New Raith Rovers Thread

21 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

By the way it wasn't Zico that put that last post in someone has taken that name and is using it to cause bother.  Believe me if you like but as a mason I would swear on the bible that someone is trying to be funny.  

This is like a shit parody of Split. 

You made an arse of yourself yet again by trying to act superior to members of another supporters club. 

People know who you are and are likely pishing themselves laughing at you pretending that you are superior to anyone. 

By the way it wasn't Zico that put that last post in someone has taken that name and is using it to cause bother.  Believe me if you like but as a mason I would swear on the bible that someone is trying to be funny.  

This is’nae me either! [emoji106]

1 hour ago, RRFC2711 said:

I was in the "lounge" once invited in by a dodgy character with a stick....it was like Sodam and Gommorah in there never again........

Do you mean they actually held orgies in their. No wonder zico doesnt want to lose that privilage.

19 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

I have one major concern about every single suggestion regarding bringing in additional revenue. They are all in principle good ideas which have the potential to work IF IMPLEMENTED AND PROMOTED AND MARKETED PROPERLY.

Does anyone think that the club is geared up commercially to capitalise on any of these ideas at the moment? As someone mentioned they can’t sell the space they currently have. We have advertising gaps and players currently unsponsored and that’s before you even consider the retail function of the club. Woeful. 

It seems as if the club are taking a ‘if we build it they will come’ approach. The reality is they won’t. They will need persuaded and we need to have the people in-house who can do that successfully. Current evidence suggests it’s not just the pitch and facilities that will require an overhaul. 

Totally agree with you here Roverthemoon. IF a large scale redevelopment goes ahead then employing an experienced venue and/or commercial manager would have to be factored into costs. An extra expense (salaries in this area can range from £15k - £25k, depending on candidates experience and the responsibilities included in job description) but worth it if they earn their keep. However it's a catch 22: better facilities = extra revenue opportunities, extra revenue opportunities = more overheads. Not worth spending the money if, as you pointed out, they just hope that new income will materialise.

It does seem that Sim has a more business minded approach than previous boards and has ideas and plans that he seems to be looking into. None of this might ever materialise, but at least it's being weighed up which is a step in the right direction.

20 hours ago, steakngravy said:

Lol. You don't have to defend me m8. I've been taking childish abuse from so called rovers fans as long as I can remember,the internet just makes it easier for them. If they don't like my opinion they can bugger off. Thanks for pint earlier btw had to rush off but will get you one back next home game ;)

2 minutes ago, zicoromaines said:

Lol. You don't have to defend me m8. I've been taking childish abuse from so called rovers fans as long as I can remember,the internet just makes it easier for them. If they don't like my opinion they can bugger off. Thanks for pint earlier btw had to rush off but will get you one back next home game ;)

Holy f**k! He's actually thanking himself for buying himself a pint now. 

I genuinely don't know if this charade is funny or downright disturbing. 

The signing of Willis Furtado really seems to have swung the momentum of the season back in our favour. The difference in having him up front instead of Spence is absolutely massive. That’s not to say that I don’t think Spence has done OK - he has - but the physicality of Willis has definitely made us a far more menacing attacking prospect.

Obviously he’s scored a few goals so he’s clearly dangerous, but the thing i’ve been most impressed with is how the ball sticks when it’s played up to him. He’s got a great touch and the strength to hold off defenders which means we can get far higher up the pitch and the midfielders beyond the strikers, as shown in Herron’s first goal against Albion Rovers. His anticipation of the second ball also helps us keep pressure on the opposition high up the pitch, generally forcing mistakes which have led to goals.

He’s made a big difference to the way we play. Really strange situation to have Buchanan and Spence, who were so prolific in this league just last season, probably not part of our current best XI.

Problem for me hasn't been Spence and Buchanan as players, it's been the role they have been asked to do.

Reality is that Furtado is an genuine out ball and can make possession stick at the top end of the park bringing the midfielders into play. Would have loved to see Callachan play in that system.

That said, it's surprising Spence is the one to go given his decent form not too long ago.