The New Raith Rovers Thread

Long way to  go , as previously said above, both teams are capable of winning the league just the same as they are both capable of throwing it away , current favourites must be Raith and the next week will make or break Ayr , Arbroath and Albion away , Raith at Somerset , I believe Ayr need the 9 points to win the league anything less than that and Raith can only throw it away 

Only comment I would make is that Ayr were on fire until Crawford, Docherty and Geggan got injured.  They're back now with Bell added at centre half who looks a lot better than anything we had previously.  I still worry about the damage we did to ourselves through December and January coming back to haunt us, but at least we're making a fight of it.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Even if we go down their 4 points clear,7 points clear?

I'm thinking about  the likely scenario that  we won't be more than three points ahead of them when we visit somerset.  Their goal difference is  effectively a point advantage.  

I might be in the minority but I think we’ll win down at Somerset. It would be very Raith Rovers of us to toil against teams like Albion Rovers and Stranraer and suddenly surprise everyone by picking up 3 points at Ayr.

11 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
14 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:
Even if we go down their 4 points clear,7 points clear?

I think the Ayr game will probably be a must be win for us because I think Ayr will be ahead of us by the time we go down there.

I dont think we can count on us winning down there.  A draw would be as much as we could reasonably expect.  We have  East Fife  while theyre away to Forfar this weekend then its the crunch meeting with them.  Assuming they will win their game in hand a win against us would put them two points clear with a better goal difference.  I also think they have an easier run-in.

11 minutes ago, Big Berk said:

I dont think we can count on us winning down there.  A draw would be as much as we could reasonably expect.  We have  East Fife  while their away to Forfar this weekend then its the crunch meeting with them.  Assuming they will win their game in hand a win against us would put them two points clear with a better goal difference.  I also think they have an easier run-in.

Ayr Away to ARBROATH not Forfar !!!!

Raith away to FORFAR not East Fife !!!

Anyone have any tips for cheap trains or minibus hire for the Ayr game?

There's at least 10 of us going down so far from the work (couple of Pars supporters included!) but train return is coming in at £30 each and minibus hire around £400 with a driver. 

Anyone info/tips would be most welcome. 

17 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

There's at least 10 of us going down so far from the work (couple of Pars supporters included!) but train return is coming in at £30 each and minibus hire around £400 with a driver.

Are you that small time that yous cant even fill a coach for a top of the table clash?

5 hours ago, Robbo63 said:

Ayr Away to ARBROATH not Forfar !!!!

Raith away to FORFAR not East Fife !!!

Duh,  I'll get my coat. I don't know how I got that from the fixture list - I wondered how Ayr didnt have a fixture against Arbroath.

Edited by Big Berk

I’d say get the train then all of you can get a beer or 10. The train to Ayr isn’t as bad as it sounds, there was a few of us that done it last season for the opening game. And there’s a few of us doing again in 2 weeks time. If there’s a good crowd on the train it’s always a good laugh post match (as long as we get the W).

Also, you might find if you do a group booking of train tickets, you may get a discount at the end of it rather than booking individually.

Get in touch with Quinny. Our return journey will be less than £20 a head

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The Raileasy train split website is worth a bash. I saved 15 quid on the trip to Alloa using that.

Split tickets-We did it for Ayr and it brought it down by about £13. We did Arbroath-Perth-Glasgow-Ayr, not sure how you would do it.

9 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

Excellent tweet from Matt Elder. Fans are needing to keep the head and keep the faith.
Must win this weekend at Forfar however. IMG_7416.jpg

I can understand the defensive record but how on earth are we third top scorers, how bad has the rest of the spfl been?

I can understand the defensive record but how on earth are we third top scorers, how bad has the rest of the spfl been?

We have scored 55 league goals in 27 league games this season, which can’t be forgotten really.

I have looked back our Championship/first division days and we have already scored more goals this season than we did in each full season since we last won this league.

We also managed 60 goals in 36 games in 08/09 when we last won the second division so if we score 6 more goals in 9 games this year then technically we’ll have had a better attacking season this year than we did that season..

I am not defending the team this year though as it could have been so much more had we just went all out as Ayr seem to have done this season. If it wasn’t for Ayr scoring so many goals this year, we probably wouldn’t be talking about it tbh.