The New Raith Rovers Thread

first post so go easy but according to the press the deal for the loan player has been agreed verbally with the spl club and they are keen to give the player to us but they have had to keep using him until they get one or two of players back from injury . That suggests hes actually playing or at the very least on the subs bench for his club at the moment .

Which does suggest it could be smith as he was on the bench against rangers.

I'm prepared to be shot down by the guys that live in kirkcaldy but it's a bit annoying to read about john sim donating 75k for the old kirk when the club is struggling. We could probably pay 3 players wages with that.

I'm prepared to be shot down by the guys that live in kirkcaldy but it's a bit annoying to read about john sim donating 75k for the old kirk when the club is struggling. We could probably pay 3 players wages with that.

I hate to see like I'm doing the shooting down - becuse I'm not - but I seriously doubt it's a choice between the Kirk and the club. Rather, I suspect that Sim has no intention of investing an extra £75k in the club and it's actually a choice between the Kirk and Sim's bank account.

How dare he choose how to spend his own cash.........and without running past you first?

What he has done with the Old Kirk is exactly what he did with Raith Rovers, by providing funding or a guarantee that secures the future of both for the people of Kirkcaldy.

What he has done with the Old Kirk is exactly what he did with Raith Rovers, by providing funding or a guarantee that secures the future of both for the people of Kirkcaldy.

Its all so Gordon Brown think about it............................just glad we have them, we would have been to the wall years ago....

Disagree.The funding provided by JS does not guarantee the secure future of our club and the people of KDY. ;)

Its all so Gordon Brown think about it............................just glad we have them, we would have been to the wall years ago....

There are reasons closer to home for almost going to the wall a number of years ago.

How dare he choose how to spend his own cash.........and without running past you first?

ok annoying was a poor choice of word. What i meant was that it's frustrating. Saying that a one off donation of cash really isn't what we need. We need to generate more revenue anyway.l never be able to do that as long as we continue to play at a stadium with little revenue generating potential that we don't own anyway.

Hmm, my take on Mr Sim was that he has not donated £75k to the Auld Kirk group but has instead loaned them the money.

As for our club, as far as I know the gentleman has not invested much if anything in RRFC. He stands as guarantor for the mortgage on the ground but I'm not sure whether or not he has actually lodged the funds to cover the guarantee with the Allied Irish Bank or whether he'd only have to do so if RRFC defaulted on the repayments.

As it stands as the head of Raith Rovers Properties he will be entitled to to property title deeds once the mortgage is cleared (which isn't looking likely... ever!). The football club are servicing the interest but are unable to repay the capital at this time. What Mr Sim's plans are for the ground it would seem he alone knows but there seems to be no or at least very little dialogue with the Raith board.

As an extremely wealthy man Mr Sim obviously has funds at his disposal to invest as he pleases but it would appear he does not give anything away as so far the only things we know of are a loan and a guarantee.