The New Raith Rovers Thread

Most likely, but in about 6 months we will be able to get him on a pre-contract and Raith are by all means, rookit.

5K and a player isn't the worst offer you'll ever see, if he was really all that great there would have been spl clubs battering down his backdoors to snap him up for nothing over the summer, he certainly won't ever attract a 50k type offer like someone suggested earlier.

It works out best for everyone in any case, we're playing with a lone striker right now, and I dread to think of high balls getting punted at Baird *shudder*

I`d take Baird over any of your strikers

& it would not surprise me at all if Bairdy already knows who his next club is, and that is in no way at all a dig at him, the fact he was signing for us was the worst kept secret ever.

How are Raith doing this year? doesn't look so bad on the table and you seem to have kept a good few players from last year, a fife derby in the spl? yes please.

I personally think our strongest 11 will be a bit better techincally than last season.

It has been, and will be a very different season though. We are playing better football, which is probably due to the fact that we dont have Tade to punt the ball up to. Trying to keep the ball on the deck, which has worked at times. Passed Hamilton off the park at times last weekend, although we have been prone to the odd punt which is annoying.

However, we have a much thinner squad than last season (which already was pretty thin). If Baird gets injured or suspended, we are up shit creek. It will also be more inconsistant, we have alreday lost 3 in a row if you include cup games and havent won since the second game of the season. At this stage last season we already had almost twice the amount of points we do just now.

I dont think we should be in danger of relegation, but thats about it. We wont get promoted, due to the fact that we wont be consistant enough. So any future derbys would need to played in this league :(

I'm posting under my real name (well, most of it) and can punctuate accordingly. My criticism is therefore valid, and Hutton can weesht. :P

I can appreciate why he's fed up. It must be annoying to put cash into the club to keep it afloat, only to see supporters moaning; that must sting. However, that shouldn't be happening, and poor budgeting, for which Hutton is partly responsible, is to blame. However...

I'm fed up with the board moaning about attendances. The lack of money we have IS NOT the fans fault: we have a limited fan base, and the board are the ones who have to take this into account when setting budgets. Shifting the blame to the fans is counter-productive, irritating and a blatant deflection away from the failings closer to home. It's also patronising towards anyone out there who is capable of individual thought.

As for the Baird thing - the £5k we gained would soon be lost by paying a higher wage to whatever player it was that Dunfermline dumped on us. It would have been a bad move for us.

Couldn't agree more.

As for Baird, if we had sold him this summer then I think there would have been a huge backlash. We all remember what it was like when we sold Tosh, Burns and Andrews to Livi. We all remember Paquito to Hamilton for £5k and Darren Brady (our then captain) to Partick for free. To sell our striker to cover losses at the club caused partly due to the boards poor budgeting would have been very counter productive.

As for the Pars fans saying we should be grateful for £5k plus a player I think they need a reality check. If the Pars didn't win the league they were in Admin. You can come back all you want but that is that facts. They took a huge gamble at the end of last season and fortunate for them it paid off. However, if they get relegated this season they will be in even more financial trouble than last season.

& it would not surprise me at all if Bairdy already knows who his next club is, and that is in no way at all a dig at him, the fact he was signing for us was the worst kept secret ever.

this.

I personally think our strongest 11 will be a bit better techincally than last season.

It has been, and will be a very different season though. We are playing better football, which is probably due to the fact that we dont have Tade to punt the ball up to. Trying to keep the ball on the deck, which has worked at times. Passed Hamilton off the park at times last weekend, although we have been prone to the odd punt which is annoying.

However, we have a much thinner squad than last season (which already was pretty thin). If Baird gets injured or suspended, we are up shit creek. It will also be more inconsistant, we have alreday lost 3 in a row if you include cup games and havent won since the second game of the season. At this stage last season we already had almost twice the amount of points we do just now.

I dont think we should be in danger of relegation, but thats about it. We wont get promoted, due to the fact that we wont be consistant enough. So any future derbys would need to played in this league :(

we are missing Tade though even if the football wasnt as attractive to watch it was effective and got results and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

Nah, I'd still rather have Barrowman or Kirk.

Couldn't agree more.

As for the Pars fans saying we should be grateful for £5k plus a player I think they need a reality check. If the Pars didn't win the league they were in Admin. You can come back all you want but that is that facts. They took a huge gamble at the end of last season and fortunate for them it paid off. However, if they get relegated this season they will be in even more financial trouble than last season.

That is the facts? I'd love to see some proof of these facts :rolleyes:Raith Rovers were hardly all singing all dancing by the end of last year financial wise either so it's a tad rich to try get some moral high ground.

Both clubs, like most in Scottish football are fucked financially, Dunfermline are now slightly less fucked with us having the spl, happy days.

And yes, if we get relegated from the spl we will be worse of financially, less income usually does mean you are worse of financially...

Edited by Grant228

this.

we are missing Tade though even if the football wasnt as attractive to watch it was effective and got results and at the end of the day thats all that matters.

To be honest, I think Tade left at the right time for both parties. Our tactics had been found out towards the end of last season, Tade didnt look nearly as effective in the last quarter.

Its not the boards idea for the poster its jim foys who does the website in his spare time.

Its been discussed both here and on fantalk for a while.

Just good to see something pro-active being done. Heres to more similar initiatives.

Its not the boards idea for the poster its jim foys who does the website in his spare time.

Aye, probably could have worded it far better. Jim's fantastic with the website and deserves all the credit he can get for it. The fact he is back to editing the videos on top of all the work against speaks volumes about his commitment to the rovers.

The board really do need to start getting a bit more pro-active with ideas about how to get folk through the gates rather than saying 'We've got £x losses this season hoping people will pick up the press and start going to the games. Sadly, the world doesn't work like that. We're fighting a battle against the biggest clubs in the world with Sky providing some of the best games in England and Spain. Other sending Andy C on a mission to sabotage Sky UK, the best way to do that is to get pro-active about advertising our club and trying to come up with new and innovative ways to get people through on saturdays.

To be honest, I think Tade left at the right time for both parties. Our tactics had been found out towards the end of last season, Tade didnt look nearly as effective in the last quarter.

i think your right to an extent. i was told in december he had signed a pre-contract with ICT (through certain connections). I really do feel that without Tades presence up front we miss any sort of physicalness though.

we are missing a big ingredient this season from previous seasons inder John McGlyn and thats the work ethic, it just doesnt seem to be there in the same way that it has been for the past 3/4 years.

Aye, probably could have worded it far better. Jim's fantastic with the website and deserves all the credit he can get for it. The fact he is back to editing the videos on top of all the work against speaks volumes about his commitment to the rovers.

The board really do need to start getting a bit more pro-active with ideas about how to get folk through the gates rather than saying 'We've got £x losses this season hoping people will pick up the press and start going to the games. Sadly, the world doesn't work like that. We're fighting a battle against the biggest clubs in the world with Sky providing some of the best games in England and Spain. Other sending Andy C on a mission to sabotage Sky UK, the best way to do that is to get pro-active about advertising our club and trying to come up with new and innovative ways to get people through on saturdays.

I agree.

If anyone has ideas, I set up a thread on fantalk for them HERE

I know it isnt everyones favourite forum in the world, but recent negative comments show that senior people in the club do read it. Just thought it would be good if the next time they log on they could see some positive thoughts and ideas from fans.

what i want to know is why were the club so keen to do away with almost all the part time players and go for a full time squad was it cheaper to pay a full time wage rather than a part time one with expenses? also what is going on in the boardroom there is a fans rep who we never hear from is he actually on the board and has a say or is it a token gesture. why did dave somerville walk and will he be replaced and why is hutton throwing his toys out the pram.

as for more bums on seats £17.00 for scottish football at any level is pushing it

Mcglynn wanted more value for money from his squad.

£17 is what it costs. We charge less than that, we might not have a club. Costs for the club go up, so the admission price has to aswell. It's the same for all businesses just now, football clubs aren't and shouldn't be any different.

Mcglynn wanted more value for money from his squad.

£17 is what it costs. We charge less than that, we might not have a club. Costs for the club go up, so the admission price has to aswell. It's the same for all businesses just now, football clubs aren't and shouldn't be any different.

Yeah but if having a full time squad is detrimental to the club then he should have been told no we are cutting it back and we need to go part time in the future they built a squad over the summer that is going to put us in the red AGAIN.

Edited by geo1234

Well it depends. Say we went down with a part time squad? Then we would be truly fucked.

Or lets runs with a full time squad until we are well intruly fucked lol its catch 22 there is no simple solution if we won the sfl1 we would overspend and be fucked when we came back down if we dont win we are fucked cause pars went up. To be honest i would never take a job on the board as Hutton says "pushing water up a hill"

Edited by geo1234