The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would tie in with the tweet from the Fife Free Press earlier today that said "last-ditch swoop for Rovers striker". More in Fife Free Press tomorrow

I would surmise that the FFP has already been printed, so anything last ditch related would be after this, so it would hardly be last ditch news at the time of printing.

If he does go, I'll have that mountain load of salt delivered to my home address, please. I'll be needing it if Baird does go, though hopefully there won't be any improved bids.

If he goes, a relegation battle awaits us.

I think the fact that an offer was made an rejected on the deadline day would be classified as last-ditch.

I don't normally go ripping, but I think that last ditch would be in the last few hours.

Anyway, the BoD will be in their beds by now, so I can't see them giving one.

Rumours on dot net suggest he could be on his way to us. I very much doubt it though as there isn't any chance of us being able to afford a transfer fee.

I hope he stays at raith to be honest,i wouldn't want yous to be in a relegation battle.

We've got a cracking central defender if you want him. He's a real winner,great in the air,strong in the tackle and superb distribution. His names john potter and he's yours for two packets of aldis disco biscuits :-)

I would surmise that the FFP has already been printed, so anything last ditch related would be after this, so it would hardly be last ditch news at the time of printing.

Something slightly pathetic about transfer day deadline madness drama drama drama! That can be effectively scuppered by Turnbull Hutton turning his phone off.

Third hand reheated crap via STV/fantalk.

Apparently we have knocked back a 5th offer from the Pars for Baird.

I'd love to have seen how those negotiations went.

£10

nut

£20

nut

£30 and a subscription to 4-4-2 magazine.

Mebbes.... nut.

Edited by renton

It's the law that when Pat Clarke's name is brought up in a Raith thread, someone must come along and state he was never given a chance under Dalziel, and that they would happily have him back at Starks.

Sadly, I'm not that guy - I've never been impressed when he's played against us, and would rate him as average at best.

Take what you want from these:

Gd news is I can still get my Macaroni pie at the #raith games happy days!
Just spoke to my bro, very positve and gonny burst his arse for the future

:) is my initial thought.

Edited by Michael W

Offer was upgraded to 75k & Liam Buchannan

Ooft. If that's true, and to be honest I doubt it is, I'd have been tempted by that. We'd have been a weaker side for it no doubt but 75k is a lot of money for a player unlikely to sign a new deal.

Maybe all will be revealed by the club tomorrow.

Aye right.

Nice to see you Fifers fighting over the scraps from St Mirrens table :)

In saying that Baird may have improved Dunfermlines squad, I'm sure he can't be any worse than Andy Barrowman.