The New Raith Rovers Thread

In fairness, I've been completely behind McBride, but I still think he has been underwhelming. I don't boo our own players as it does nothing to benefit them, however, I'm more than happy to go on my rare keyboard warrior rampage over players who I feel could be doing better. Today, I don't think McBride did well enough, however against Ayr he did look very good. He just needs a confidence booster. I don't expect him to be Cristiano Ronaldo with step-overs and beating his man every time he has it, but I do think that he could do better.

Totally agree. Frankly, if we don't have the money to be signing players then I don't think we should be doing so. If the situation is as grim as it is said to be, then why are we signing forwards. I'd have rather we went after another SPL loanee, which McGlynn tried to do again (to his credit). Do we have any young attackers who could make the step up?

I am a wee bit bored with the Nay Sayers in respect of players that are Subs. and come on for 5 - 10 - 15 mins.

and do not set the town on fire, what do you expect ?

The critisim of the likes of Graeme Weir is poor.

The man was injured and was unable to regain a regular start. I for one still value the man.

When you rate a player, you do so over the 90 mins, lay off the shit critisim when a player comes on for a fraction of that time.

as far as ive seen Mcbride hasnt been that great but then again everytime iv seen him play (which i didnt alot last season due to playing on a saturday myself with his brother btw) he will do reasonably well but as soon as he does anything wrong the crowd seem to be on his back which id rather didnt happen atall, i mean how does a player get a confidence booster when this happens constantly?. Im not williamsons biggest fan but have never hurled abuse at him for anything, although he has been good this season so far.

i woulc be happy to run with the squad we have as the rest of the teams weve played so far dont seam significantly better than us, or granted worse than us a few injuries will mean more youth players but im happy enough with that as the likes of reece donaldson who has done remarkably well considering his age, would have gone unnoticed otherwise

got to agree to an extent with graeme weir however he is a striker and strikers will be judged on goals to which he amassed a grand total of 0 in 2 seasons which really isnt good enough despite what he did offer to the team in respect his work rate.

edited to add: his brothers pish in the air aswell despite being the same size as him so must be a Mcbride thing

Edited by grumswall

We seem to get players that fans just don't like their style and are quick to pounce on when they make a mistake. Jason Dair was the most notable one of these. McBride is another.

Weir got good backing from the support I think. It was just that his goal tally was non existent for the last two seasons which for a striker isn't a good thing. I'll always wish him well but wouldn't want to see him in the Rovers team now.

We seem to get players that fans just don't like their style and are quick to pounce on when they make a mistake. Jason Dair was the most notable one of these. McBride is another.

Weir got good backing from the support I think. It was just that his goal tally was non existent for the last two seasons which for a striker isn't a good thing. I'll always wish him well but wouldn't want to see him in the Rovers team now.

In his last year he was always a sub, which backs up my point.

McGynn put him on for the last 5 to 10 minutes, what impact can a player of his stature make ?

Supersubs like David Fairclough don't sign for the Rovers.

In his last year he was always a sub, which backs up my point.

McGynn put him on for the last 5 to 10 minutes, what impact can a player of his stature make ?

Supersubs like David Fairclough don't sign for the Rovers.

if your only gettin the last 20 mins there has to be a reason?. as we all know mcglynns fond of his hearts boys and for him not to play weir when he is a hearts boy there has to be a reason? yes his workrate was always there but he was never the same after mcgregor disslocated his jaw/ gum from mouth/ not 100% sure exacty what it was. graeme weir never made the step up plain and simple he was good enough to chase down the ball in the last 20 mins of a game but i would much rather have had baird and tade last season just for their own work rate and more so ability to put the ball in the back of the net

if your only gettin the last 20 mins there has to be a reason?. as we all know mcglynns fond of his hearts boys and for him not to play weir when he is a hearts boy there has to be a reason? yes his workrate was always there but he was never the same after mcgregor disslocated his jaw/ gum from mouth/ not 100% sure exacty what it was. graeme weir never made the step up plain and simple he was good enough to chase down the ball in the last 20 mins of a game but i would much rather have had baird and tade last season just for their own work rate and more so ability to put the ball in the back of the net

As I said previously, Weir was injured and as a consiquence, struggled to regain his place.

I will forever respect the man and will never forget his contribution to the team.

I especially loved his first minuite goal against Queens Park that won us the second division with a week to spare.

He was good enough for us then, so why diminish his efforts by stating that he spent a year on the bench because he was injured.

Graham Weir must've made 40-50 appearances over the past two seasons and didn't score a single goal, so the "poor Graham" line doesn't wash with me. For what it's worth Zen I agree with what you're saying on the whole, if a player is only getting 10 minutes every week it's hard to have a real impact, but then if you don't look any good in your sub appearances why on earth would the manager start you? Reynolds looked pish in his sub appearances, got a lucky break yesterday and scored a goal though, so maybe they just need a break.. although Reynols overall game wasn't the best yesterday I suppose. Still, a goal's a goal.

I remember reading a few people on Fantalk saying we should've kept Weir. It was at that moment I finally gave up on our support. Beyond hope.

I don't want to put the boot in but a striker who did not score in two years just isn't worth it he only stayed the second year because he was under contract. I am sure he is a top guy and I will be grateful for that goal at hampden but the right decision was made. Nothing to see let's move on

If anyone wants a laugh, get along to FannyTalk and read the topic in the General Forum titled 'Manager'

Is it any wonder that hardly anyone posts on FannyTalk these days, when nuggets like this is starting topics.

What an embarrassment.

You're a p***k. I read that.

A fairly bland puff piece to be honest. Still though, it allowed Baird the opportunity to state again that he's not particularly interested in leaving the club. He is interested in leaving the division, which is heartening.

If anyone wants a laugh, get along to FannyTalk and read the topic in the General Forum titled 'Manager'

Is it any wonder that hardly anyone posts on FannyTalk these days, when nuggets like this is starting topics.

What an embarrassment.

FanTalk and FannyTalk are two separate forums, Fan talk (the one you are on about) is the official supporters club forum with no swearing allowed, whereas FannyTalk (the one you mistakenly quoted) is the Fifes Finest forum, where you can swear & write whatever you like.

Apart from that you are right, the OP is a zoomer

A fairly bland puff piece to be honest. Still though, it allowed Baird the opportunity to state again that he's not particularly interested in leaving the club. He is interested in leaving the division, which is heartening.

Maybe the club should start thinking about tying him up for another year so he doesnt walk out for nothing

I'm sure there are several players in our current team that the club would love to tie down for another couple of years.

Whether or not these players would sign the contract is a completely different issue. Firstly, we don't have the funds availiable to offer significantly better deals; and secondly, signing a contract now means that your options are limited in that a transfer fee will be required to move elsewhere. Should a player not sign now, there may be better options down the line.

Baird's off at the end of the season, if not beforehand. Accept it now, if not to the SPL then to a First Division side more likely to go up than us.

I worry for Allan Walker too. :(

Edited by Paco