The New Raith Rovers Thread

So we're currently awaiting clearance from the insurance for Mark Campbell's rehabilitation. Yay, income! We won't get the full £25k back I'd imagine, but we should get whatever his medical bills were.

I'm really not sure how a projected £40k profit has suffered a £120k reversal upon the basis of 3 home matches. The attendances maybe aren't what the board hoped for, but £120k? rough calculations suggest to me that they're expecting us to average 600ish lower that than they estimated. That's dreadful, frankly; what was the estimate?

Five grand for Baird. :lol:

I'm really not sure how a projected £40k profit has suffered a £120k reversal upon the basis of 3 home matches. The attendances maybe aren't what the board hoped for, but £120k? rough calculations suggest to me that they're expecting us to average 600ish lower that than they estimated. That's dreadful, frankly; what was the estimate?

If that was McGowan, the Trust would be going mental, at least he waited till October to get the begging bowl out.

Why are theTrust giving this board an easy time ?

If that was McGowan, the Trust would be going mental, at least he waited till October to get the begging bowl out.

It only seems to be recently that the penny's dropped regarding our position. Even in the summer our financial situation was frequently brushed aside whenever it was brought up.

Other than that, who knows. Maybe the trust don't wish to spoil a good relationship with the board?

It's becoming a bit of a cliché now, but thank god for that cup run. We'd almost certainly be in administration without it.

One other thing - Hutton said in that report that we need to sell a player. Bad move: he's just knocked a few grand off the offer price of any player that a bid is made for.

Edited by Michael W

Bottom post on the linked page, guys.

As my linked post says, it's a bit early but hopefully it'll gain enough participants to beat last years total.

I'll be doing it whoever is taking part and throwing whatever cash folk sponsor me at the Rovers and another local charity.

That's not the full article. There's a bit more in the paper about the meeting next week, where Hutton has a few comments about the critical online supporters. It makes him annoyed when someone is hiding behind a pseudonym and writing without any punctuation whatsoever, while having the audacity to call the board numpties. No' happy.

Edited by Scary Bear

absolutely - wonder where the £75,000 + liam buchanan rumour came from?

edit - he finished joint 2nd top scorer wink.gif

£5k for the 1st Division Player of the Year, and Hibbejibee says Scottish football isn't fucked. It's certainly not in rude health.

Quote from the Press is we are NOT getting the begging bowls out,it's simply a general meeting. I'm not sure what the Trust can actually do about it, seen as despite all the hype, we are not a Community Club and we are still owned by a handful of businessmen. Add to that the fact that the initiative and drive towards becoming a club owned by the fans has died the death. Even when the drive was there it wasn't possible to get the cash together to achieve the aim of fan ownership.

Edited by Scary Bear

What more do the board expect? Put up prices, a poor standard and entertainment value compared to the cost of watching, and a stadium that is only used for about 18 Saturdays a year with no other income.

The board knew that attendances would be down this season so why would we have such high budget figures? I'm fed up of having the club constantly tell us to stop moaning and being negative and asking us all to go to games. You can't expect people to watch a performance like Dundee and then two weeks later ask them to go spend a day and a lot money watching what could very well be the same dross again.

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

I'm posting under my real name (well, most of it) and can punctuate accordingly. My criticism is therefore valid, and Hutton can weesht. :P

I can appreciate why he's fed up. It must be annoying to put cash into the club to keep it afloat, only to see supporters moaning; that must sting. However, that shouldn't be happening, and poor budgeting, for which Hutton is partly responsible, is to blame. However...

I'm fed up with the board moaning about attendances. The lack of money we have IS NOT the fans fault: we have a limited fan base, and the board are the ones who have to take this into account when setting budgets. Shifting the blame to the fans is counter-productive, irritating and a blatant deflection away from the failings closer to home. It's also patronising towards anyone out there who is capable of individual thought.

As for the Baird thing - the £5k we gained would soon be lost by paying a higher wage to whatever player it was that Dunfermline dumped on us. It would have been a bad move for us.

Edited by Michael W

Bottom post on the linked page, guys.

As my linked post says, it's a bit early but hopefully it'll gain enough participants to beat last years total.

I'll be doing it whoever is taking part and throwing whatever cash folk sponsor me at the Rovers and another local charity.

I'm in, can you PM me details of where to get a sponsor form please Andy? osama.gif

(Did I punctuate that correctly? Don`t want to annoy the board.)

Worth more than £5k tho surely?

The fact that the bid was deemed ridiculous by a club that is total skinto speaks for itself.

Exactly, I believe we turned down £5k for Baird a lot more easily than I believe we turned down the £75k I heard being spoken of,

If we`d sold him for £5k I`d have been fuming at the board, but if we turned down the reputed £75k when we are obviously skint then I think I`d be just as annoyed.

Edit, I should really add therefor that the board has my backing on this onecool.gif

Edited by RoversMad

Worth more than £5k tho surely?

The fact that the bid was deemed ridiculous by a club that is total skinto speaks for itself.

Most likely, but in about 6 months we will be able to get him on a pre-contract and Raith are by all means, rookit.

5K and a player isn't the worst offer you'll ever see, if he was really all that great there would have been spl clubs battering down his backdoors to snap him up for nothing over the summer, he certainly won't ever attract a 50k type offer like someone suggested earlier.

It works out best for everyone in any case, we're playing with a lone striker right now, and I dread to think of high balls getting punted at Baird *shudder*