The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

That was fucking awful. Absolute fucking shite and a complete waste of everyones time. 

I decided as soon as the games were in Methil I'd be giving them a skip. Bit ridiculous to have four centre backs and no wingers on the pitch. I've not been this apathetic going into a season since Gary Locke was appointed. 

The one thing I would say in defence of Smith is that he could quite clearly be heard telling players to keep the ball on the deck and move it quickly who instantly decided to do the exact opposite. 

Starting the season with two outfield players on the bench, absolutely embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, renton said:

Wether or not Smith could do much about it, its a bit of a shiter that we could be starting the season with those problems, let alone what Hearts will do to that lineup next week.

the Hearts assistant manager was in the stand today (no, he's not had his haircut) going to bring the Hearts under 12s next week, sees no ptoblems

Smith is a fucking footballing dinosaur. And dinosaurs are very often horrific managers. The exceptions are ones like McGlynn who can drill a team to perfection and get the most  out of players - and sign the right players. Smith is a dud in both respects.

The problem is that he has no goodwill to use after last seasons managerial mare. And it's not even as if he's on an even keel. There is actively 'bad' will.

So our predictable loss to Stranraer (I'll go for 2-0 with us having less shots than a Mormon at freshers week) will likely be hard pill that will spring many (ive been there for months) back into full Smith out/sack him now territory as soon as last seasons incompetnace is rammed home vividly and the thought of a THIRD (and who knows!!) season down in this abysmal level beckons. 

Spilt milk etc. But the fact he was appointed, on the back of Locke, when jack ross etc. was interviews has set us back 10/15 years. Geez the vodka bottle back...

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

I don't know what he's like as a person and am never likely to require to find out, but I don't rate Smith as a manager. He has all the charisma of a death watch beetle but without a quarter of the industry of the insect.

As a coach he seems pretty clueless and unless things change in the coming months this club is not facing a bright future, that might sound a bit dramatic but this isn't only about losing today to Cowdenbeath, the slide in form and fortunes in the last 24 months is nothing short of frightening and shows no signs or arresting.

It's not just Smiths fault though there are others at the club who are clearly just as far out of their depth as he is.

Last season we were pipped at the post by an Ayr side who found some money to bring in new faces in January (like the Pars did when they beat us to promotion to the Prem, though look where that got 'em) and we were left to struggle on without an addition or 2 to a broken and inept midfield.  Both Milne and Connolly were there for the signing but funds couldn't be found. I reckon either could have made that vital difference, and both would surely have left Ayr in our wake. This season the budget is again slashed and unless they are keeping cash back to give the seemingly inevitable new manager in January then the BOD have clearly learned nothing from what's gone before. Sadly Mr Sim & Sinton are continuing where they left off last term with their concentration wholly on the new playing surface while the team playing on it (eventually) falters  and the fans loose interest and drift away. Talk about fiddling while Rome burned.

3 Directors were ousted because they didn't fit in with the new regime, without doubt they weren't perfect (probably far from it) and things weren't the best in their last 2 seasons when they were there but things don't seem to be improving any with them gone, in fact it looks grimmer than ever.

Truth is since Turnbull's illness forced his departure from the board this club has gone backwards, slowly at first but it seems to be picking up pace as we go.

15 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Spilt milk etc. But the fact he was appointed, on the back of Locke, when jack ross etc. was interviews has set us back 10/15 years. Geez the vodka bottle back...

If Locke set us back 15 years and Smith 10 years that makes it 1993 and I'm looking forward to next season again :)

On the other hand.

Cowdenbeath dear oh dear.