The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We needed a loanee keeper. Matthew Elder has stated on Twitter that, that’s our budget completely spent now after bringing wright in.

So going on that, how did you expect us to fund this loanee attacker?

Fucking magic beans.

In fairness I never saw that tweet.

Fucking magic beans.
In fairness I never saw that tweet.

Maybe we’ll avoid the heartache of the play-offs this season by finishing in no man’s land.

I know this league is dug shite, but why does everyone think our squad are a shoe-in to win it?

Even on paper we don’t look like league winners.

36 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We needed a loanee keeper. Matthew Elder has stated on Twitter that, that’s our budget completely spent now after bringing wright in.

So going on that, how did you expect us to fund this loanee attacker?

The question I would be asking is how in the name of f**k have Raith spent budget that they apparently set aside for Flood, Loy, Gillespie and Cardle on Duggan, Nisbet, Gillespie and Flanagan.  They were either talking complete shite about targeting those players or they've spent far too much on the likes of Nisbet.

The question I would be asking is how in the name of f**k have Raith spent budget that they apparently set aside for Flood, Loy, Gillespie and Cardle on Duggan, Nisbet, Gillespie and Flanagan.  They were either talking complete shite about targeting those players or they've spent far too much on the likes of Nisbet.

Nisbet is the new Shankland.

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

We are going to get injuries and suspensions throughout the season this type of situation will crop up again this season that's for sure. To run a squad as small as ours is a massive mistake and will probably backfire big time.

We could mitigate against this by sewing Davos lips together.

It’s a very fair point, and I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle.

We also offered Jason Thomson a contract, which he turned down, and we never signed a defender to replace him. So would we be even shorter in midfield and attack if Thomson had signed?

It will not surprise me in the slightest if we are completely rancid in the first few games, only for budget to miraculously appear.  It's the same story in football every time at this level. The number of times I've seen managers moan about no budget, only for the board to relent and give them more funds.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm starting to wonder if the club lied to the FFP to placate the fans, generate interest and sell season tickets. 

A bit like when everyone was raging and McGurn suddenly got offered a three year deal...

I dont think its beyond the realms of possibility that the alleged signing targets were a bit of a fabrication to generate interest in season tickets.

As for Baz getting more funds if we start badly I cant see it. He will get something though, the tin tack!  Unfortunately for Raith Rovers FC it looks increasingly like Mr Sim and his cohab are more interested in the plastic pitch than the team on. That said I think  Sept Baz will be away by the end of the 1st week in Sept.  A new guy (if they can find one, the job is rapidly becoming a poisoned chalice) will be brought in but too late to sign anyone and no longer with even the cheap option of promoting Craig Easton to the job he probably should have had at least a wee shot at when it was obvious to all that the players under Yogi had chucked it.

Edited by Scottydog

I’d imagine we would have offered the same terms to Flood and Gillespie with the intention of signing one of them. The same goes for Cardle/Flannigan and Nisbet/Loy. We were never gonna sign all 6. Also, it was highly unlikely someone like Cardle would accept the same terms as Flannigan but there’s no harm in offering.

Smith chuntering the same old nonsensical shite. Apparently 'we know how high their standards are', yep we do, not very fkin high at all. The team also 'have to be at that level every game', well that's the managers job to ensure that happens, he failed to achieve that last season and so far there is no sign that he's fixed the consistency issues. As others have said, at times last season it was obvious the team were not listening to his 'instructions', and when a manager is in that sort of situation it really is time to go. We'll obviously struggle with the current injury situation and we'll drop points all over the shop, the fans will go mental but the BOD will wait until he has a full squad before judging him. The performances will still be poor and the style of play will be horrible to watch and by then it'll be too late to salvage the season by ditching him. 

Happy days :thumsup2 

I dont think its beyond the realms of possibility that the alleged signing targets were a bit of a fabrication to generate interest in season tickets.
As for Baz getting more funds if we start badly I cant see it. He will get something though, the tin tack!  Unfortunately for Raith Rovers FC it looks increasingly like Mr Sim and his cohab are more interested in the plastic pitch than the team on. That said I think  Sept Baz will be away by the end of the 1st week in Sept.  A new guy (if they can find one, the job is rapidly becoming a poisoned chalice) will be brought in but too late to sign anyone and no longer with even the cheap option of promoting Craig Easton to the job he probably should have had at least a wee shot at when it was obvious to all that the players under Yogi had chucked it.
If you don't have budget to sign more/better players, where is it to sack a management team and replacements?

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

If you don't have budget to sign more/better players, where is it to sack a management team and replacements?

ah but you are applying logic to the issue, you arent taking into account that Rovers have form on things like this.