The New Raith Rovers Thread

Excellent news signing Hendry, if we can keep him and Vaughan fit they’ll cause teams problems. Keep the good signings coming Rovers.

We should all keep our fingers crossed they both stay fit. If they don’t, that’s when the problems will start. The two of them fit should be excellent. The two of them missing will be pretty much impossible to replace.

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Duggan is back at East Fife. 

Watch as he enjoys an injury-free season and rattles in 15 goals. 

On paper they have the makings of a decent side. Wallace, Duggan and that Dowds guy up front, and the likes of Denholm, Murdoch and Agnew in midfield.

A few of them have questionable injury records though.

A carbon copy of last season awaits EF. Good start, wins against us, bit of excitement but invariably dropping quicker than a Methil hoors breeks towards the end of the season when the treatment table is full.

3 minutes ago, MoanEhRaith said:

Ross Forbes signs for Forfar, feel like we should’ve pushed more for him but again I trust McGlynn has a plan.

Yeah, if your going to have PT guys in the team, the likes of him abd Eckersely seemed like the type of guy we'd want.

My guess is that he's putting budget into replacing Nisbet who, lets face it, will be gone and then he's goibg to put together a team of hard working runners...

Priority surely must be: 

LB & RB

3 x strikers (assuming Nisbet leaves)

Wingers

At CM we've got Matthews, Hendry and Gillespie (assuming he doesn't leave). Probably hard to justify putting the budget there at the moment. Forbes would've been an excellent signing however and it is a shame we have no doubt missed out on the chance to speak to some PT players that would've been great at this level. 

I know it seems unlikely he’ll stay but Nisbet is contracted. We’d let him go if a decent offer came in I’m sure, but if it doesn’t do we know with certainty that he does have one of these clauses which mean he can walk away from the club for absolutely nothing? Bit of an oversight if so.

I know it seems unlikely he’ll stay but Nisbet is contracted. We’d let him go if a decent offer came in I’m sure, but if it doesn’t do we know with certainty that he does have one of these clauses which mean he can walk away from the club for absolutely nothing? Bit of an oversight if so.

He 100% has a clause in his contract I’m afraid.

Also in regards to your lights chat. SM electrical is a directors company and I doubt he will have charged for his time checking that out. He’s a rovers man through and through.

For nothing? Could understand if there was minimum fee to release him but having no protection from losing our biggest asset seems silly.

14 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Also in regards to your lights chat. SM electrical is a directors company and I doubt he will have charged for his time checking that out. He’s a rovers man through and through.

What happened to all of those other signings you told us we were getting last week?

More bull?

19 minutes ago, Enigma said:

For nothing? Could understand if there was minimum fee to release him but having no protection from losing our biggest asset seems silly.

I doubt he’d have signed a new contract with us when he did if he didn’t have a release clause. In which case he’d have waited to see what division we were in at the end of the season before deciding whether to sign a contract. When we stayed down he’d have been out of contract and left for free anyway. And if we’d gone up we’d be battling to renew his contract amongst lots of competition. 

I genuinely don’t see the problem with the release clauses.

Priority surely must be: 
LB & RB
3 x strikers (assuming Nisbet leaves)
Wingers
At CM we've got Matthews, Hendry and Gillespie (assuming he doesn't leave). Probably hard to justify putting the budget there at the moment. Forbes would've been an excellent signing however and it is a shame we have no doubt missed out on the chance to speak to some PT players that would've been great at this level. 

Just going to put it out there and say priority is surely a goalkeeper? Unless we’re planning on playing Davo in goals for the first half of the season?

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Just going to put it out there and say priority is surely a goalkeeper? Unless we’re planning on playing Davo in goals for the first half of the season?

Yeah, that too!

Ross Forbes signs for Forfar, feel like we should’ve pushed more for him but again I trust McGlynn has a plan.
In the last week or two the likes of Kirkpatrick, Forbes and Eckersley have all moved on to clubs in our division. All players who you would imagine would be good enough to play in our first XI.
I thought our part - time players would be these 'marquee' type signings but it's starting to look as though that isn't the case.