The New Raith Rovers Thread

58 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Just going to put it out there and say priority is surely a goalkeeper? Unless we’re planning on playing Davo in goals for the first half of the season?

I very much suspect we'll have offered Dean Lyness a contract, given we haven't announced he's leaving.  Matthews, Lyness and Davidson  were, I think, the three players whose status was unclear, and evidently Matthews was offered a deal...

We'll still need another goalie even if Lyness stays, right enough. Think it's more likely to be a youngster or a loanee for the first half of the season though. 

Edited by Paco

1 hour ago, Paco said:

We'll still need another goalie even if Lyness stays, right enough. Think it's more likely to be a youngster or a loanee for the first half of the season though. 

Getting Kieran Wright back would be the best fit.

Edited by Beachbum

Would rather get Laidlaw back than re-signing Lyness. I know he had his flaws but seemed to have improved during his time at Hibs and i’m sure he can’t be as bad as the pair we had. Would love to get Wright back but can’t see it happening.

We got rid of another young keeper and yet again will bring in someone else's young player on loan.  
I don't wish to sound hard on McGuff but the lad looked significantly out of his depth. I've no idea what Smith was thinking when he signed him.

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
1 hour ago, foreverarover said:
We got rid of another young keeper and yet again will bring in someone else's young player on loan.  

I don't wish to sound hard on McGuff but the lad looked significantly out of his depth. I've no idea what Smith was thinking when he signed him.

Yeah there's no point in keeping youth players if they don't show enough promise. A waste of their time and the clubs time. 

In the last week or two the likes of Kirkpatrick, Forbes and Eckersley have all moved on to clubs in our division. All players who you would imagine would be good enough to play in our first XI.
I thought our part - time players would be these 'marquee' type signings but it's starting to look as though that isn't the case.
We've not actually signed Eckersley yet and have already got 2 LB signed up, albeit pretty young and inexperienced. I'd like to see us bring him in but with 2 already signed up then it's looking less likely. Having said that we have 4 goalies.

We got rid of a 17 year old keeper who by all accounts wasn't great. I'd have no issues with a PT keeper being brought in. 

If a PT Goalie becomes available, I’d 100% have Niall Perry from Alloa, great keeper! I suspect if Goodwin leaves for the Dundee job, then any of Alloa’s decent players will be offskie

If a PT Goalie becomes available, I’d 100% have Niall Perry from Alloa, great keeper! I suspect if Goodwin leaves for the Dundee job, then any of Alloa’s decent players will be offskie

Lol. Your ignorance is bliss. Yes, Jim is away. However, all of our players that were offered deals have already signed up. That includes TOTY ‘Niall Perry’.