The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

How much did Fulton go for?

Anything from 150,000 to 200,000 original fee, he was out of contract 6 month later. There has been add ons paid out on him with appearances also and there is a sell on clause too.

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Crystal Palace reportedly paid around that for Scott Banks from Dundee United, a player whose experience to date is four starts in League Two.

I suppose it depends how desperate Rovers are for cash, but anything less than £150,000 and some decent add ons and they’ll have sold themselves extremely short.

Yes Dufc are a cash fuk up but they have some light at the end of the tunnel and their league holds more trading than 3rd tier. Crystal palace will have scouted Banks pre his time at Clyde and his performances there obviously has ticked boxes.

£150,000 to them in that league is one weeks wages to some of their staff, likewise our recent Tony Gallacher transfer, clause for appearance 100k is nothing.

The hope for Raith is that an English prem team is scouting him for real cash. 

Obviously, it's all speculation with Bowie at the moment but it's worth noting he's now got an agency firm on his twitter bio who are retweeting both his goals from Saturday. Sign of the times that a Scottish League 1 forward who is 17 has an agent. I wasn't following Rovers at the time but you'd have to wonder what would've happened with lads like Cameron, Dair and Crawford in this day and age. 

As for Bowie (and Tait), if either of them go then I hope we sell them to a club down South. There's absolutely zero point in selling them to a club in Scotland who'll ham up the deal with sell on fees with no guarantee that we'll get anything moving forwards. Both our previous deals for players moving upwards (Callachan and Bates) ended up with us taking a lesser fee based off the notion they could go on to greater things and we lost out due to it. There's f**k all benefit in us selling them on to a clubs who we should be at the same level as (Livingston, Dundee etc). Either that, they move to a larger Scottish club and they either disappear for a few seasons and it's all up in the air, or they see the financial gain in a few seasons.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm 39 next month. I shouldn't be watching players older than me

My mate cried when Latapy left us, the last player to be older than him playing for Falkirk....

We still have that dream of being handed a strip !!

200k are yous having a laugh...

Ollie Shaw was 110k
Liam boyce 150k
Glen kamara 50k

I get hes absolutely class and agree he should go for lots but 200k is fantasy

Boyce and Kamara only had six months left on their deals when their clubs accepted those figures, and Ollie Shaw is terrible.

No club is paying £200k for an unproven kid whos scored a couple of goals in a part time league, no matter how young he is. If you're holding out for that then he'll remain your player, which is fair enough.

Your best bet for a pay day is a sell on clause.

200k are yous having a laugh...

Ollie Shaw was 110k
Liam boyce 150k
Glen kamara 50k

I get hes absolutely class and agree he should go for lots but 200k is fantasy
So steve ferguson signed for spurs for an intial 100k rising to 250k 19 year playing in the 3rd division 20 year ago yet Bowie isnt worth approx the same now? The guy has only just turned 17 and already has scored 10 goals wait until he fully developed

Boyce and Kamara only had six months left on their deals when their clubs accepted those figures, and Ollie Shaw is terrible.
Aye i get that but Bowie I never going to cost that much.
I know Tony watt didn't turn out to be too much but he still only cost 80k when celtic bought him.
Would love to be proven wrong as gives everyone hope that Scottish teams can start charging bigger fees for our players, but can't see it unfortunately

1 minute ago, sirscottyoung said:

Aye i get that but Bowie I never going to cost that much.
I know Tony watt didn't turn out to be too much but he still only cost 80k when celtic bought him.
Would love to be proven wrong as gives everyone hope that Scottish teams can start charging bigger fees for our players, but can't see it unfortunately

Prepare to have your hope restored.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Bowie doesn’t actually want to leave btw.

This is the least surprising bit of the whole thing. The lad is Rovers daft and brings all his family to the game. He's playing for the club he loves with his pals in the stand while picking up knowledge from Baird. Working with McGlynn will do the lad no harm whatsoever and it's completely beneficial for him to stay at Rovers. Unlike Callachan and Bates, we're his own team so he'll be happy to try to do his best for the club. 

Nobody knows what Bowie is worth as there hasn’t been an offer for him as yet.

Lots of caveats to any negotiation and unless you are at the table it’s Football Manager shite.

That said £100k + 5% sell on rising to 15% if he’s capped twice plus a feeder agreement with Fulham seems the most logical outcome.