The New Raith Rovers Thread

Imagine stealing the NYD derby ticket money and spending it on Kevin Rutkiewicz and Martin Hardie?
Imagine having a top class striker, losing him to a team 15 miles along the road for f**k all, consoling yourself that you'll be entitled to a development fee only for it to be the same amount you were due us for our share of the cup tie gate.

Now that must've hurt......

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Imagine having a top class striker, losing him to a team 15 miles along the road for f**k all, consoling yourself that you'll be entitled to a development fee only for it to be the same amount you were due us for our share of the cup tie gate.

Image being a dick oh wait you are.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

My favourite silly Dunfermline name is Dumpfarmland.  hehehehe. This a gid game like. 

Dumpfarmland is a new one to me and it has its merits but that’s enough of this kind of malarkey.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

TBH it did I though Nisbet had some integrity, the Pars on the other hand........

7 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

TBH it did I though Nisbet had some integrity, the Pars on the other hand........

A football player with integrity......lol

A football club with integrity......lol

Were you actually born yesterday? Every club in the land, including your own, looks after itself. If you think any different you are utterly deluded.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Well no, it didn't really. Nisbet leaving meant we were short of options up to so McGlynn did extra work last Summer with 16 year old Kieron Bowie. Bowie hadn't really had much of an impact before then but had all the attributes. The lad started the season with an excellent vein of form and over the season went from being linked to the likes of Hearts and Dundee United before we settled on a 6 figure sum with Fulham. Had Nisbet never left it wouldn't have happened.  We've agreed future clauses depending on performance , and while it will be tough, if he goes on to do decent down there we'll be laughing. 

In terms of things which have hurt involving Raith Rovers, Nisbet leaving is like stubbing your toe. It a lot at the hurt at the time but you forget about it quite quickly. 

If we're talking about proper hurt, then it's a laughable incident compared to something like the Anelka or Locke fiascoes which were akin to breaking bones. 

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Well no, it didn't really. Nisbet leaving meant we were short of options up to so McGlynn did extra work last Summer with 16 year old Kieron Bowie. Bowie hadn't really had much of an impact before then but had all the attributes. The lad started the season with an excellent vein of form and over the season went from being linked to the likes of Hearts and Dundee United before we settled on a 6 figure sum with Fulham. Had Nisbet never left it wouldn't have happened.  We've agreed future clauses depending on performance , and while it will be tough, if he goes on to do decent down there we'll be laughing. 

In terms of things which have hurt involving Raith Rovers, Nisbet leaving is like stubbing your toe. It a lot at the hurt at the time but you forget about it quite quickly. 

If we're talking about proper hurt, then it's a laughable incident compared to something like the Anelka or Locke fiascoes which were akin to breaking bones. 

Signing hendry lessened the blow of nisbet leaving the most imo 

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

The hurt was very real when we lost Wee Vaughan again to injury, had he stayed fit the whole season we would have definitely had a higher points gap than the mere one point. 

36 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I wasn't looking for a long winded debate, I was merely responding to Zens' dig about us spending New Year ticket money we owed you on players he thinks won us the league that season.

Always going to be disappointing losing someone of Nisbet's quality, but it worked out fine.  The squad was so bad that year, that even with him firing goals in at the rate he was, we still finished 3rd and a good 15 points or so off top spot.  In the end, Nisbet was the difference between losing a game 3-0 and losing 3-2.  

There were bigger priorities in the squad.  Mainly the poor defending and players who just weren't good enough, or in some cases just a plain shitehawks.  That was all sorted, and we were able to bring in Hendry on a 2 year deal.  Would have been interesting to see how we would have got on with Nisbet in that team, but it enabled us to bring through Bowie and get £150k for him.  Nisbet would have walked for free at the end of his contract anyway, and we wouldn't have achieved anything more than we did.  We had the best squad in the league without Nisbet, so it certainly did not "hurt". 

I much preferred it when Dunfermline fans stuck to walking down Kirkcaldy High Street with a bed sheet singing about how much they hate Raith Rovers.  Hopefully we can see those days again soon. 

3 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I wasn't looking for a long winded debate, I was merely responding to Zens' dig about us spending New Year ticket money we owed you on players he thinks won us the league that season.

My quote stated that the money was stolen and what it was spent on. I never said the rest.

14 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

My quote stated that the money was stolen and what it was spent on. I never said the rest.

Apologies, it was obviously an enormous leap to assume you were referring to said players then connecting them to us winning the league at your expense 3 months later.

What was I thinking...…...

21 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Always going to be disappointing losing someone of Nisbet's quality, but it worked out fine.  The squad was so bad that year, that even with him firing goals in at the rate he was, we still finished 3rd and a good 15 points or so off top spot.  In the end, Nisbet was the difference between losing a game 3-0 and losing 3-2.  

There were bigger priorities in the squad.  Mainly the poor defending and players who just weren't good enough, or in some cases just a plain shitehawks.  That was all sorted, and we were able to bring in Hendry on a 2 year deal.  Would have been interesting to see how we would have got on with Nisbet in that team, but it enabled us to bring through Bowie and get £150k for him.  Nisbet would have walked for free at the end of his contract anyway, and we wouldn't have achieved anything more than we did.  We had the best squad in the league without Nisbet, so it certainly did not "hurt". 

I much preferred it when Dunfermline fans stuck to walking down Kirkcaldy High Street with a bed sheet singing about how much they hate Raith Rovers.  Hopefully we can see those days again soon. 

Jeez, it's almost as if the banter on here can only be a one-way street. If you guys are going to insist on throwing shit at us, you will really need to learn how to take it back.

Fairly certain no-one did that with the bed sheet either, as I recall it was left at the back of your stadium next to the railway line. I might be wrong tho.