The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That Penman Family Stand font tho

It could be rendered in wingdings for all I care. After all this time away the whole thing looks gorgeous.

Absolutely stunning photos. It's only when you see something like this that you get a chance to appreciate how scenic the local landscape both natural and human actually is.

ETA Pitch looking nice and green. Must have had the undersoil heating on.😲😉

Edited by embow

22 hours ago, Enigma said:

AEA7A37A-3478-4400-A359-095F06C5D2B3.jpeg

Jesus H. Christ, what a memory. The small, wooden player pieces, “Shoot to Kill” plus “Appel” and “Escape Equipment” cards...but never really understood the Dutch team.

P.S. Loved seeing Granny’s old house on Barnet Crescent in the overheads! 

Edited by TxRover

9 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Very appropriate for this weekend too, given the castle they chose to represent Colditz in the BBC series. 

Sterling Stirling effort my man.

2 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

1025229174_raith-rovers-fc-starks-park-1435055493.jpg.03676598261b16afc60b6720117d042b(1).jpg.456a5f57acfb20f631ebb39868cf1d04.jpg

Priceless! 

This is clearly a picture of the stadium of your nightmares, do you see this etched on the inside of your eyeballs?

Look carefully, there are Grass and Granstands (4), this during that very, very, very, very long time that East Fife couldn't win a fcukin raffle that RRFC were involved in never mind a football match.

Jesus Christ wee man, you should have picked a photo either from that very, very brief spell 2 years ago or better still during the 1950's when you actually had a team, ie at time where you genuinely had some bragging rights.

Just to be clear, just now like the vast majority of the last 70 (SEVENTY) years you have none. 😆

Cheer up though at least you don't have to worry about having to go back to school anytime soon, thought I do feel for your mum.

It feel like every thread we’re involved in is a fucking car crash at the minute. Can we just talk about the football rather than petty, barrel-scraping, ill-thought out ‘banter’? It’s fucking depressing enough just now without having to wade through pages of drivel to find a decent post.

If there are fund available to us at all in January, I’d like to see us pick up a wide player for competition to Ross and Armstrong. Both of them are up there with the best wingers in the league on their day but when it doesn’t work we have no plan B. I also wouldn’t be completely averse to another centre midfielder in more of a destroyer role, though that’s pretty unlikely to happen.

Not sure we need another CM, even playing three in the middle leaves a perfectly good player on the bench every week.

A winger verges on a must though. Armstrong/Ross have been very good but such is life with wingers that they can have bad days. The Grant Murray season where we were top at Christmas and ended up nearly relegated had Grant Anderson/Joe Cardle completely off the boil for six months but nobody there to replace them, and it feels a little like that in the current squad.

I presume Lokotsch goes back to Livi as well. I’d be tempted to roll the dice and try someone else even if Livi are happy to let him stay. I think he’s been a bit unlucky and I don’t think he’s a bad player by any means... but he hasn’t shown enough for me to be desperate to see him stay.

14 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Priceless! 

This is clearly a picture of the stadium of your nightmares, do you see this etched on the inside of your eyeballs?

Look carefully, there are Grass and Granstands (4), this during that very, very, very, very long time that East Fife couldn't win a fcukin raffle that RRFC were involved in never mind a football match.

Jesus Christ wee man, you should have picked a photo either from that very, very brief spell 2 years ago or better still during the 1950's when you actually had a team, ie at time where you genuinely had some bragging rights.

Just to be clear, just now like the vast majority of the last 70 (SEVENTY) years you have none. 😆

Cheer up though at least you don't have to worry about having to go back to school anytime soon, thought I do feel for your mum.

🙄

4 (four)? Try 2 plus 2 pigeon coops fella...…….

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Seems to be pretty much accepted that his loan at Caley is ending, but the chief football writer at the Sunday Mail reckons he's coming to Stark's instead. 

That would be a phenomenal  move. 

Fucking hell that would be an amazing move. Surely ICT favourites to get him back, no?