The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not great results for us in the Championship tonight. Dundee and ICT seem to be hitting form at the right time, so could it be between us and the Pars/QOS for the final play-off spot. The next three games are all winnable. If we took at least 7 points, I don’t think either could catch us given our goal difference. A big ask but definitely achievable 

Not great results for us in the Championship tonight. Dundee and ICT seem to be hitting form at the right time, so could it be between us and the Pars/QOS for the final play-off spot. The next three games are all winnable. If we took at least 7 points, I don’t think either could catch us given our goal difference. A big ask but definitely achievable 

Personally I think you are in a great position and would be very surprised if you are not in top 4 at end of the day. For me there is one spot up for grabs between ourselves, Pars and Caley. We have a poor goal difference but we don’t have Hearts to play which, despite their poor form, is still a positive for us as they don’t lose many in the league. We still ship far too many bad goals and that will probably be our undoing. Cant see Raith folding in run up as you have too many good players.

Personally I think you are in a great position and would be very surprised if you are not in top 4 at end of the day. For me there is one spot up for grabs between ourselves, Pars and Caley. We have a poor goal difference but we don’t have Hearts to play which, despite their poor form, is still a positive for us as they don’t lose many in the league. We still ship far too many bad goals and that will probably be our undoing. Cant see Raith folding in run up as you have too many good players.

ICT probably have the hardest run in but they’re in form at the moment. Rovers and Dundee obviously have points on the board which is important. Pars are misfiring but still in it and it’s difficult to judge where they are as their last game was against a misfiring Hearts (were Pars good or Hearts bad?) Queens are impossible to call this season, looked doomed first 9, looked unstoppable second 9. This weekend looks huge for both ends of the table.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Any idea how competent/incompetent he is?

If hes taking Kirsten Robertsons job then he'll virtually be running the club I think.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any idea how competent/incompetent he is?

If hes taking Kirsten Robertsons job then he'll virtually be running the club I think.

It's probably difficult to say as nobody has been in Stark's Park since last year barring those involved in the youth side of things/off the pitch. Seems to have done a good job though: he's identified some areas where we needed to improve and set about getting them sorted. The stadium had gone through a bit of wear and tear: broken seats, stuff needing replaced like the CCTV so he's come in and got everything handled. We're getting (or have got) stadium wifi to help with e-ticketing in the future too.  

Barry Ferguson viewed as the Scottish David Beckham is a highlight for me.

I don’t think Nando will ever be good enough for us. However, what can’t be denied is he seems a really nice guy and I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a player to succeed more.