The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

James Keatings back in January too. Didn’t start well for us and obviously got shipped out on loan. but come on. 3 promotion winning seasons whilst scoring a load of goals in this division, and a similar player to Vaughan who won’t kick a ball for us again this season, surely he can’t do us more harm than good?

😳😔😖

Keatings isn't coming back into the team he's barely done anything on loan. 
Nothing against Keatings but surely we can put to bed the idea that he'll be an option for us now. The club said he wasn't fit. He said he was. He played a few games for Montrose, got a goal but then got injured.

We've used Ethan Ross as a number 10 most recently and even though he'd had spells of training between ourselves and clubs down south he's looked light years ahead of Keatings. We all wanted Keatings to do well for us given his goal scoring record against us but it wasn't to be. He doesn't have the raw ability of Ross or the robustness of Varian and Poplatnik who can create space for our goalscorers.

I’ve got to say, if this loans thing the social media team are doing doesn’t build up to us announcing Regan Hendry on Xmas Eve I’m going to be really fucking annoyed. Jamie Barjonas ffs.

“What are you memories of Jamie?” Mostly him being a shitehawk little c**t, tbh.

I didn't realise you guys signed Sam Stanton yesterday. That's a great bit of business. 

I absolutely loved the guy during his season at the Rock. He was integral to our second half of the season turnaround and was an absolute joy to watch. Whilst Lewis Vaughan's goals and the form of Robert Thomson grabbed the headlines, Sam was the beating heart of the team. 

He was one of these players with no real flaws. He was incredibly fit, he was superb running with the ball. He had a great eye for a pass, he could tackle and defend when needed. Positionally and tactically he was absolutely tremendous. And he scored some belting goals for us.

The fact someone with his quality only scored about four times for us is probably the only criticism I could have. I hope he proves an excellent signing for you guys.

We've had a lot of loan players over the past decade or so. And he was comfortably one of the best imo.

Delighted with that signing. Not only is he a thoroughly decent footballer, the signing has targeted the number 1 weak point we will have in January with the possible departure of Tait and the absence of Spencer.

With the retention of Musonda we are already looking fairly decent squad wise. I expect there may be one or two loan additions but these would very much be a bonus and can fit the McGlynn ideology of quality over quantity.

25 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

At least Barrie McKay hasn't come up. 

Yet...

I'm hoping for that big Shrek looking guy we had on loan from Hearts. Scored with his arse against Morton in the 06/07 season.