The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What's the difference?

I don't care about the rape, it's a football decision.

I don't condone rape, but it's a good day out and I'd hate to miss it.

Both outcomes pay his wages.

Someone with a good day out with their mates/family planned shouldn't lose out on it because someone else is a dick.

There's just no need for it. Enjoy life. He's a rapist and they let him play football. I'm not a rapist, why should I be the one that loses out?

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do Raith Rovers not have a nominated fans Director on the board in Andy Mill ?

Surely he would have communicated between board and fans and told him what a bad idea this was ?

Has he now resigned from the board in the back of this ?

Until today we did; yes he did; yes he has.

1 minute ago, Pride of Fife said:

Just a two year+ campaign of physiological abuse and stalking of his ex partner. That’s fine though cause he never layed a finger on her and also helped you get promoted? 

Absolutely no ones said it is fine. 

His conviction also happened after he got us promoted. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely he would have communicated between board and fans and told them what a bad idea this was ?

Yes, yes he did, yes he did 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely he would have communicated between board and fans and told him what a bad idea this was ?

He resigned this morning. As did our Supporter Liason Officer. 

He was one of the two votes on the board against this signing. The other Director, Bill Clark, resigned too. 

That statement. Never mind “read the room”…….read the nation. To actually scrabble around all day putting together a statement, and they come up with that……..why not just come out and say “You can all just f**k off. We sold our souls ages ago, so you can all just go spin on it. Top flight cash is more than Val puts in, so she can f**k off an’all. He’s a proven goalscorer and that trumps proven rapist every day of the week.”

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes resigned this morning,

4 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Just a two year+ campaign of physiological abuse and stalking of his ex partner. That’s fine though cause he never layed a finger on her and also helped you get promoted? 

I find his behaviour disgusting but the incident you refer to happened after he left Dunfermline.

Edit - Any further whataboutery or deflection you’d like to try out?

Edited by Cardle is Magic

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Let's check in on that ratio shall we and see how it's goin......oh crap!

Ratio.thumb.PNG.0f9b2604b44199179c1461b4e3a28b0a.PNG

You need to hit refresh 1300 replies, 2200 quote tweets. The reach of that post must be huge and not in a good way.

For away fans it can be a dilemma, particularly if it's a potentially big day for them winning the league or something like that. I will applaud and commend them if they join any boycott, but will not judge them if they do not.

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

Someone with a good day out with their mates/family planned shouldn't lose out on it because someone else is a dick.

There's just no need for it. Enjoy life. He's a rapist and they let him play football. I'm not a rapist, why should I be the one that loses out?

Why indeed?

1 minute ago, staggy1929 said:

That statement is worse than the one we put out when we hired Malky. 

Just out of interest what has the reaction been like within the fanbase, community and sponsors when he was linked with the job, got the job and going forward? Genuinely interested. 

There'll be players out there with criminal convictions for possessing or dealing recreational drugs and those who might be on the Sex Offenders register for other crimes. 

Less high profile than Goodwillie perhaps, but among us none the less. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely he would have communicated between board and fans and told them what a bad idea this was ?

According to Companies House, he resigned earlier on today.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC026287/officers?page=2

Been browsing this forum for ages, but after the absolutely ridiculous decisions made by Raith Rovers i had to make an account. 

It's an absolutely disgusting decision to employ David Goodwillie, literal pond life of a person and your club  throws out all its morals in the hopes of promotion, at what cost?! 

The amount of idiotic teenagers on twitter backing this signing as they see it as some sort of triumph that this signing has caused (rightfully) massive uproar. 

For anyone in this forum that is even defending Raith Rovers especially RavyDavy, have a fucking word with yourself and seriously re evaluate your decisions. Embarrassing stuff but i do feel sorry for the Rovers fans who have been going for years, Awful situation to be in. 

And that statement... oooft.

1 minute ago, Pride of Fife said:

The post I replied to basically suggests it wasn’t assault and you don’t pay him so all is good

No it didn't, the poster literally says Hardie should gtf. 

How can you be wrong about literally everything? 

We play at Stark's on the last day of the season, and aside from all the other bigger issues it's a shame to think that Killie fans might now be placed in a bit of a dilemma in terms of potentially supporting our team towards a league title (something we literally haven't done in nearly 60 years) versus not wanting to fund this bunch of contemptible scumbags.

Bit of a dilemma? I’d expect you to do the right thing. You can’t take a moral stance against a horrific decision by a collection of charlatans and then turn a blind eye just because it suits your narrative.

The actions taken, between now and then, by a great many Raith fans are to be thoroughly applauded and each and every one of us of a similar mindset should stand shoulder to shoulder with them.

Flood the town in your thousands, boost the local hospitality trade, applaud your side off & on the team bus but don’t undermine the efforts of well intentioned fans, and be thankful that you or I haven’t had the moral compass ripped out of the hearts of our clubs.