The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, MC_Lachlan said:

How do we start the process of getting these people out of the club? 

See if Val and the Tag game guy would be interested in starting a community buy out. I guess as they are supporters with fairly deep pockets that would make sense.

Maybe also the guys who have resigned from the board.

58 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I know I won't just be Raith fans contribution to this but fair play to some responsef6c589c3673cc4388ea6e79ca58fd314.jpg

Donated earlier. The Raith board can consider this my booooooooo for the next game I will not attend at Starks Park and the victims of rape can consider this my apology on behalf of Scottish football for employing a rapist.

26 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I'll lose a lot of respect for anyone who attends tonight, either as a spectator or in a voluntary capacity. Employees I have a slight sympathy with, although they should absolutely be assessing their options. 

I get that, but - given the way its handled already is he likely to start/get on the subs bench? I'd be tempted to go and pretty vocally voice displeasure over this, would understand if some season ticket holders (who must be feeling a bit of "eat shit we've already got your money" right now) go purely to vent their anger. If he's flung right into the starting line-up, if only for the club to get his debut out of the way and cynically pray he smashes in a goal or two, all the better to let him know he's not welcome.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Genuinely assumed that statement was a spoof until I read it on their site.

There's no way back for Raith now. McGlynn especially. Absolutely fucked it.

David Goodwillie is scum for what he did and what angers me most is he’s happy to watch our club implode to make a few quid and play full time again.  I would happily see everyone associated with the club leave tonight that includes Mcglynn.  I’ve been one of his biggest fans in his time here but this is a step too far.  All for a wee shot at promotion.  Can shove it if this is the price we have to pay 

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

Is there any chance this could turn violent at the ground tonight?

The situation and that statement really are that bad.

There's surely a high chance you see fans fighting amongst themselves at some stage if he plays.

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

I imagine that’s probably what has happened here. There just isn’t a scenario where this is “made right” and McGlynn and Smith stay. Could be looking for a new manager soon. As big a red letter day as there’s ever been for Raith Rovers.

McGlynn has shat on his legacy at the club. Want him out just as much as Sim tbh. 

That's Raith picked up the lead story of 2 national news programmes, something I doubt even the premier league winners get.

McGlynn and the board are going to be under a microscope for a long time.

We play at Stark's on the last day of the season, and aside from all the other bigger issues it's a shame to think that Killie fans might now be placed in a bit of a dilemma in terms of potentially supporting our team towards a league title (something we literally haven't done in nearly 60 years) versus not wanting to fund this bunch of contemptible scumbags.

I do feel for Raith fans, and I wouldn't want DG at my club.

But the tone of the coverage today is strange considering this isn't really news news from a football point of view. The guy has been playing and scoring regularly in the SPFL for years.

If it wasn't an outrage that he was playing for Clyde, and I don't recall it being a leading news story when he turned out for them last week, then it's no worse for him to play for Rovers.

Have people been boycotting Clyde?

As I said, I do feel for Raith fans. I understand the urge to boycott etc, but I'd urge fans to not let one utter wrongun signing for their club disrupt a connection they've had for decades. It's still your club.

But it's all a personal choice and people will make their own call. I didn't rip up my Hearts season ticket when we hired Rix.

Edited by VincentGuerin