The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, pub car king said:

What a missed opportunity this season has been. A very average killie team have won the league on what must be close to the lowest points total. 

Being 20 points behind them is sobering.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

What a missed opportunity this season has been. A very average killie team have won the league on what must be close to the lowest points total. 

Tied for second lowest in the past 22 season, I believe. 66 has won it two or three times…65 won in 2008-2009 with St. Johnstone.

Re the fan rep discussion - I think she won it right at the start with her opening statement which was well written, structured and hit the buzz words outlining exactly what she intends to do against Stephens which was none of those and poorly worded.

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We've also just lost about £30 - £40k in gate receipts from next week. 

Are you hoping for a payday or a chance of getting 4th?
it’s been a shite season on and off the park but surely we’re still hoping for the unlikely scenario of nicking 4th place next week. It might be unlikely but if we can beat Accies with the Pars doing us a favour and you might see a decent home crowd next week.  

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Should we need points against Killie next week it will be easier now that they've little to play for, and they won't want to risk injuries before their summer holidays.

'Mon the Pars 😉

Mon the Pars, don't think so. I'll take 2 Raith wins and a Partick draw tomorrow with Ayr beating them next week. Wishful thinking though.  

3 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

it’s been a shite season on and off the park but surely we’re still hoping for the unlikely scenario of nicking 4th place next week. It might be unlikely but if we can beat Accies with the Pars doing us a favour and you might see a decent home crowd next week.  

A pay day was at least looking likely for a decent while tonight. 

There's no danger we're finishing 4th so 3,000 Kilmarnock fans would have at least partially offset the lost prize money. 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Mon the Pars, don't think so. I'll take 2 Raith wins and a Partick draw tomorrow with Ayr beating them next week. Wishful thinking though.  

I would quite happily finish 5th if Partick winning somehow contributed in the Pars being relegated. 

It's the best result for us if we are still in with a chance of 4th as it's now a dead rubber for Killie. 

I think ICT are now favourites for the playoffs. 

Arbroath will be shattered by tonight despite whatever shite "big Dick" comes out with and it'll be huge to try and muster again. 

Us or Partick will fall over the line and make up the numbers. We won't get through 6 games. 

I think St Mirren will finish in the play offs and won't offer much. 

39 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

First things first. We need Dunfermline to get any sort of result tomorrw; if Partick beat them it's season over for us.

1 hour ago, San Starko Rover said:

Of the two, fourth is likely worth more (about £75,000+ over fifth in 2019…and fifth was another £25,000+ over sixth)…

Well that's our season over then. 5th place finish and challenge Cup win is something I would have taken at the start of the season. It definitely feels like a missed opportunity though. Whoever is in charge next season will need to get recruitment spot on with the amount of players we already have signed up. Am I correct in thinking tonight is the poty doo? 

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Well that's our season over then. 5th place finish and challenge Cup win is something I would have taken at the start of the season. It definitely feels like a missed opportunity though. Whoever is in charge next season will need to get recruitment spot on with the amount of players we already have signed up. Am I correct in thinking tonight is the poty doo? 

Yeah it is tonight. 

Glad we've got a couple of wins back to back, with clean sheets to boot, but so frustrating that we have left it too late. 

Overall though, there are plenty of teams who would be delighted with 5th in the championship. 

Yes it's a missed opportunity, however, all in all a good season 5th in the league, Cup winners and two Celtic games in the other cups. Consolidate and move forward next season. As someone said good recruitment in the summer, mainly strikers and we won't be far away. 

We won a Cup and finished 5th. If it wasn’t for the charlatans in charge we could’ve at least been in the play offs. So a big f**k you to the 7 saboteurs that totally and utterly ruined our reputation. Who ever takes over from McGlynn god help you. 

What cost us was our game management throughout the season. That consistent ability to turn wins into draws and draws into defeats late on in matches. 

Apart from the Ayr game nobody gave us a real doing score wise. 

Put the mortgage on us winning on Friday and Patrick losing just to mock us. 

15 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What cost us was our game management throughout the season. That consistent ability to turn wins into draws and draws into defeats late on in matches. 

Apart from the Ayr game nobody gave us a real doing score wise. 

Put the mortgage on us winning on Friday and Patrick losing just to mock us. 

I’ve got a feeling we will win Friday. It’s just unfortunate we won’t be able to overhaul that 8 goal gap. It didn’t have to be that way though. 

Edited by baillieinleeds