The New Raith Rovers Thread

Cheers. Maybe there is some substance to it then. Really disappointing for us but I'm sure you'll be able to offer him more than us and he works in Rosyth so it's easier all round for him. Lister won't get you anywhere near the amount of goals as Graham, few strikers at this level do, but I think Spence could be a good partner for him. Can't grudge him his move if it comes through, if he doesn't win our POTY it'll be a travesty.

If you finish above us, he might not want to take the step down next year!

Cheers. Maybe there is some substance to it then. Really disappointing for us but I'm sure you'll be able to offer him more than us and he works in Rosyth so it's easier all round for him. Lister won't get you anywhere near the amount of goals as Graham, few strikers at this level do, but I think Spence could be a good partner for him. Can't grudge him his move if it comes through, if he doesn't win our POTY it'll be a travesty.

Think even if Graham was contracted for another year he would of been off anyway, thats the last couple of years we have lost our main striking threat, tho kudos to the coaching team who were quick to bring in good replacements

Before we sign anyone for next season we should start with the core of our team being the players we have invested in and brought through our youth. Laidlaw, Donaldson, Callaghan and Vaughan must be playing regularly. Otherwise serious questions must be asked of the coaching staff. We should then build round these players with part time quality that they can learn from. The stale, slow, imobile plodders that we have must go.

No we shouldn't sign Mark Ferry. I agree he shouldn't have been let him go at the time, but to sign him back now would be ridiculous. He ended up at Stirling Albion which says it all.

We should be looking at players that are playing at this level, or young, promising players in the lower leagues. And of course loan players from the division above.

If Partick Thistle release Steven Craig, he would be a good target. Could even sweeten the blow if Graham signs for them.

Like I said in my earlier post, if we lost basically all the squad, I wouldn't be that fussed.

No we shouldn't sign Mark Ferry. I agree he shouldn't have been let him go at the time, but to sign him back now would be ridiculous. He ended up at Stirling Albion which says it all.

We should be looking at players that are playing at this level, or young, promising players in the lower leagues. And of course loan players from the division above.

If Partick Thistle release Steven Craig, he would be a good target. Could even sweeten the blow if Graham signs for them.

Like I said in my earlier post, if we lost basically all the squad, I wouldn't be that fussed.

Partick picked up Aaron Sinclair, from struggling Montrose. Nothing wrong with looking at the lower leagues, and Ferry would slot in well.

We as a club haven't produced any good youth players since the late 80's and 90's. Steven Craig is a case in point, we let him go and his career flourished, our loss. Suppose i wouldn't be adverse to him coming home

It's been 2 seasons since he left Baillie. It's not like he is part of a Stirling team that were challenging at the top end of the Third division was he? Have you seen him play since he left us? I haven't, but there's no way he would improve our team now.

I loved Ferry when he was here, but Christ he was slow, we need pace in the midfield! Someone who can run with the ball with ease, someone with a bit drive. Ferry doesn't match that description. He didn't then, he certainly won't now.

Edit to add, yes Sinclair came from Montrose, but Partick Thistle signed him when he was 19 (now 22) Mark Ferry is 29.

Which empathises my previous point about getting players with potential from the lower leagues at a younger age, developing them and then moving them on for profit. Not signing players at 29 who have already played for us.

Steven Craig is an exception as he is playing at our level. He also never made a first team appearance with us, according to Wikipedia anyway. Someone might be able to confirm otherwise?

Edited by Wardy

I loved Ferry when he was here, but Christ he was slow, we need pace in the midfield! Someone who can run with the ball with ease, someone with a bit drive. Ferry doesn't match that description. He didn't then, he certainly isint now.

agree we need pace and drive in our midfield as none of our present midfield match that descripton.ferry although a good footballer would be a step back

Ferry should never have been allowed to leave when he did but signing him back now is ridiculous, as has been said I'd hope were looking at young players in the second who have potential.

He's head and shoulders above any of the players we have masquerading as midfielders .But you laugh away.

He isn't. In fact, he's two leagues below them.

I've seen the Albion play a couple of times this season, and a few games last season too. Ferry isn't even their best midfielder.

On his day, and he doesn't have that many, he's a good Second Division footballer, but no more. Calling for him to return is absolutely ludicrous.

If we can't afford promising youngsters from teams like Queens Park and Montrose, then we may as well give up..

It will be interesting to see who will be asked back after the last game of the season.

Fighting a losing battle here, i was merely thinking about the affordability. Because i really can't see many coming through the door.

When was the last time you saw us...the ponderous fez is not the answer...loved him to bits by the way but a good second and third division player will get found out big style at this level.....far to slow.

I really liked Ferry, but he ain't what we need. Won't do anything S. Anderson can't do.

He'd score more goals and do more in an attacking sense. He wouldn't, however, be capable of keeping possession or picking out passes as well.

He was harshly isolated in his last season here, with the final insult being the selection of Stephen Simmons in his position in the biggest league match we'd played for years. I wouldn't have him back here, though.