The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Of which Aberdeen are due a fair bit.

I'd rather keep Ross but if we are getting a good offer for him then it makes sense. I don't think he's started any of the games so far so it could indicate he isn't in the long term plans for Murray.

Seems Murray has no long term plans to bolster defence or a no.9. Just seems to want to pack the team with midfielders!!!!

9 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

failing to see what Ross has done to seemingly be integral to our team πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

It's a big year for him, right enough. The potential is there to make a huge impact but granted he has only shown in flashes so far.

5 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I wouldn’t say he is integral but he is a quality player and we haven’t seen the best of him yetΒ 

Exactly, he is really effective playing through the middle. He’s not a natural winger.Β 

On the selling Ross front, it begs, to whom? Falkirk Board announced they expected to lose Β£900k this year…I’d be amazed if it was them. What did I miss, don’t get the, to you, local rags here.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

On the selling Ross front, it begs, to whom? Falkirk Board announced they expected to lose Β£900k this year…I’d be amazed if it was them. What did I miss, don’t get the, to you, local rags here.

Some boy a page or two back wrote "Killie in for Ross apparently" and on the back of that and the Sun article saying we are trying to get a loan of McKay from Hibs and folk put 2 and 2 together so now Ross is 100% definitely gone.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Apparently Killie want him but only jungle drums at the momentΒ 

24 minutes ago, renton said:

Some boy a page or two back wrote "Killie in for Ross apparently" and on the back of that and the Sun article saying we are trying to get a loan of McKay from Hibs and folk put 2 and 2 together so now Ross is 100% definitely gone.

To be fair it was the same boy who then said we were getting McKay in to replace him.Β 

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

To be fair it was the same boy who then said we were getting McKay in to replace him.Β 

I missed that bit, but still it's not necessarily linked.Β 

Fair play if Ian Murray can wrestle a transfer fee from Killie that justifies the fee we paid, and the sell on clause Aberdeen wanted, and on top of that, persuades Hibs to give us McKay as an add on.Β 

A transfer that’s the presumably the first of its kind.Β 

24 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Fair play if Ian Murray can wrestle a transfer fee from Killie that justifies the fee we paid, and the sell on clause Aberdeen wanted, and on top of that, persuades Hibs to give us McKay as an add on.Β 

I suppose it's not exactly the same as handing over 50% of Nacho Novo's fee to agent Willie McKay.

So Murray for pm?

Really?

Yes. A loan signing of Daniel Mackay with a recall option in January( more than likely) is 100% a downgrade on a permanent signing of Ethan Ross.

However, there is no credible source for the rumour of Ross leaving apart from 1 poster on here who is probably having a wee chuckle to himself that he’s managed to get people talking about a rumour that he’s started.

15 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

However, there is no credible source for the rumour of Ross leaving apart from 1 poster on here who is probably having a wee chuckle to himself that he’s managed to get people talking about a rumour that he’s started.

It was in the Sun, so it must be true.......... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚