The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Really? We will see, what has he done to earn our unwavering support? 

If he wins tomorrow (extremely unlikely), I guess he'll have got us through the LC group with only half a team. That's got to count for something😄

8 minutes ago, renton said:

If he wins tomorrow (extremely unlikely), I guess he'll have got us through the LC group with only half a team. That's got to count for something😄

Yeah it will I suppose, look I want him to succeed, I thought he was a good choice but he is too laid back for me, I listened to the K107 show today and the guys where saying his first win of the season last year was after 5 games and he usually has a better second half of the season, he also changed 15 players at airdrie last season but it’s all very well saying players are coming but folk will only put up with that for so long we need action, being pessimistic I think there is no Raith tv interview today because he doesn’t want asked about it again, I would love nothing more than for us to win tomorrow so a few on here can say GIRUY to me, i just can’t see it thou

Edited by Been going too long

How is he a failure in the transfer market? We've brought in the league 1 player of the year, a league 1 captain who had been consistently linked with moves to other full time teams, a right back to replace Tumilty who we had no chance of keeping, and renewed Spencer's deal? 

The transfer market for this summer is rigid as f**k. As mentioned a few pages back, we've got all our high earners tied up at the moment (and one player who is apparently on a four figure sum who we never should have brought in). It's a question of finding who we can bring in to supplement things for now. Ideally, we'd have extra centre halves tied up under deals but is there's very few in the Scottish market who look decent. Even then Scott Brown has been absolutely fine at centre half. The one goal we've conceded from open play was one where he wasn't involved in the play (and even then, the referee was absolute dugmeat and ignored a bodycheck on Stanton). 

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

How is he a failure in the transfer market? We've brought in the league 1 player of the year, a league 1 captain who had been consistently linked with moves to other full time teams, a right back to replace Tumilty who we had no chance of keeping, and renewed Spencer's deal? 

The transfer market for this summer is rigid as f**k. As mentioned a few pages back, we've got all our high earners tied up at the moment (and one player who is apparently on a four figure sum who we never should have brought in). It's a question of finding who we can bring in to supplement things for now. Ideally, we'd have extra centre halves tied up under deals but is there's very few in the Scottish market who look decent. Even then Scott Brown has been absolutely fine at centre half. The one goal we've conceded from open play was one where he wasn't involved in the play (and even then, the referee was absolute dugmeat and ignored a bodycheck on Stanton). 

He has strengthened the one area we had a lot of players in and neglected the obvious holes we have so far, Scott brown is wasted at centre half for me, it’s just been a very frustrating window so far and we have 2 young  lads on the bench who will be totally out there depth in the championship ( mahady and Masson) young very raw, coulson not sure tbh and 2 who look like can do something in games in Mitchell and arnott, that is far from ideal and it’s his job to address it and so far we have nothing , Berra/ gullan  gets injured tomorrow and we are fecked for cove , yes we have 4 out injured but we aren’t going to have them for a while 

Edited by Been going too long

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's brought in players for an area of the team we didn't really need. One of Brown or Easton would be more than sufficient. I've said it before but I seriously doubt Easton is good enough for the championship. He'll be a regular but only because he's Murray's favourite. 

Meanwhile, he's failed to address the key weakness areas in the squad. I would say that unless he can turn things around miraculously in the next week, that's failure. 

I don't see how anyone can use the example of signing Millen in Murray's favour. The guy is hopeless. 

2 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

No pre match interview from RaithTV because RaithTV didn’t have someone available when there was an opportunity to record one. Don’t always do one when there is a midweek game.

Makes sense. Can't have you guys going down there today when you'll need to be back tomorrow morning to cover the new signings before the bus leaves for Aberdeen... 

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's brought in players for an area of the team we didn't really need. One of Brown or Easton would be more than sufficient. I've said it before but I seriously doubt Easton is good enough for the championship. He'll be a regular but only because he's Murray's favourite. 

Meanwhile, he's failed to address the key weakness areas in the squad. I would say that unless he can turn things around miraculously in the next week, that's failure. 

I don't see how anyone can use the example of signing Millen in Murray's favour. The guy is hopeless. 

If he hadn't signed Easton and Brown, the midfield would be Stanton and Arnott with no cover until September at the earliest.

It might not have been the absolute weakest part of the team but I disagree that it didn't need addressed.

1 minute ago, renton said:

If he hadn't signed Easton and Brown, the midfield would be Stanton and Arnott with no cover until September at the earliest.

It might not have been the absolute weakest part of the team but I disagree that it didn't need addressed.

I think one of the two would have been enough. No need for both. Not with our issues in defence and attack. 

If he wins tomorrow (extremely unlikely), I guess he'll have got us through the LC group with only half a team. That's got to count for something[emoji1]

Without losing a single game as well [emoji849]

However, people will still continue to wet the bed over the fact that we don’t have every single player through the door with over 5 weeks of the window to go.

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think one of the two would have been enough. No need for both. Not with our issues in defence and attack. 

At the time that Easton and Brown were signed Spencer hadn't re-signed and there was no guarantee that he would. 

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Without losing a single game as well emoji849.png

However, people will still continue to wet the bed over the fact that we don’t have every single player through the door with over 5 weeks of the window to go.

And a week to our first league game. Last thing any club wants to do is play catch up because we failed to sign players.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Without losing a single game as well emoji849.png

That's one way to spin two draws against league 2 sides. 

2 hours ago, Roath Raver said:

No pre match interview from RaithTV because RaithTV didn’t have someone available when there was an opportunity to record one. Don’t always do one when there is a midweek game.

Just admit it IM has failed to sign any 1 of the 3 he hoped to sign and didn't want to answer any awkward questions. Let's hope they are asked after we are beaten by a few tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

At the time that Easton and Brown were signed Spencer hadn't re-signed and there was no guarantee that he would. 

In that case, pull the offer for Spencer and put the money towards a centre half. His recruitment strategy is all over the place. 

Beginning to think you’d hate to see us being successful in the top flight, as you’d have nothing to moan about tbh.

How can anyone who’s seen Millen play in 3 competitive games recently in a defence who have conceded a grand total of 1 goal(in which he played no part in whatsoever) in over 270 minutes of competitive football and already have the opinion that he’s ‘hopeless’?

It’s absolutely mind boggling.

4 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Beginning to think you’d hate to see us being successful in the top flight, as you’d have nothing to moan about tbh.

How can anyone who’s seen Millen play in 3 competitive games recently in a defence who have conceded a grand total of 1 goal(in which he played no part in whatsoever) in over 270 minutes of competitive football and already have the opinion that he’s ‘hopeless’?

It’s absolutely mind boggling.

Let's see how he gets on tomorrow, and against any full time team for that matter. I think he'll be exposed defensively and he offers virtually nothing going forward. 

I was actually lucky enough to see us being successful in the top flight. It was great, even if it was all too shortlived. 

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

In that case, pull the offer for Spencer and put the money towards a centre half. His recruitment strategy is all over the place. 

Pull the offer for Spencer? The one he's accepted? Terminate his contract?

Someone is all over the place, for sure.