The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Fair comments both.
But if your short of centre backs because you let 3 go why not just sign a dedicated centre half?

Also I’m not convinced yet with Easton, he looks like a player who can add the Gloss when you’re fying but can’t help dig you out of a hole when you’re under the cosh. To my mind We already have one of those, his name is Zanatta.

I feel like that description of Zanatta is unfair. Its not that he's a luxury player who only shows up after the hard work is done, last season during that first half of it, his goals were often the breakthrough or even the entire margin of victory.

If Zanatta's issue was simply that he is a lightweight who can only add gloss to a victory he'd make a decent career out of it. His issue is that he's a hard working guy who's confidence issues get in his way. He sometimes looks like he's forgotten how to play football.

I dont see Easton in that light either. You can see he's always trying to make something work, and you don't get player of the season at any level of your a shitehawk who can only make a difference when your several goals to the good.  If anything he keeps trying to do too much in wrong positions. 

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Murray is a great appointment for us and as far as I can tell he knows his onions. He isn't bringing in players for the sake of it; he obviously doesn't want to end up with the likes of a Fernandy,  a Riley-Snow or an Adam King,  but some on here are clearly desperate enough to think that chancing anyone is better than signing no one.

No but how long do we wait if its until the end of the transfer window then we could easily be sitting bottom of the league. I would expect with a week to go to have all the bases covered which we clearly don't and the transfer window I'd used to bring in one or two on loan or a permanent transfer that is too good to pass up. Its unacceptable to have an aging centre half as our only CH thus close to the start of the season. We have players that can play upfront whether they are a number 9 is a different debate but 1 CH when most clubs will run with 4 is shocking especially when we were expecting to see 2 or 3 players sign before Sundays game. All I'm saying is if we have to wait this long the players coming in better be worth the wait.

9 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Murray is a great appointment for us and as far as I can tell he knows his onions. He isn't bringing in players for the sake of it; he obviously doesn't want to end up with the likes of a Fernandy,  a Riley-Snow or an Adam King,  but some on here are clearly desperate enough to think that chancing anyone is better than signing no one.

So far he's looking anything but great. 

There could be numerous reasons why there haven't been the signings IM hoped to have in by today, I'm not going to assume he's looking at the squad and thinking, "aye, that'll do". Nor do I think he's reading the 'jUsT sIgN a CeNtRe hALf!!!1' posts on here and thinking, "that's a great idea, wish I'd thought of that".

He knows where the team needs to strengthened, and as frustrating as the lack of signings is, I'd much rather he took his time to get the right standard of player in, than jumping in and signing the first jobbers available just to pad out the squad and appease a handful of knicker-wetters amongst the support.

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

There could be numerous reasons why there haven't been the signings IM hoped to have in by today, I'm not going to assume he's looking at the squad and thinking, "aye, that'll do". Nor do I think he's reading the 'jUsT sIgN a CeNtRe hALf!!!1' posts on here and thinking, "that's a great idea, wish I'd thought of that".

He knows where the team needs to strengthened, and as frustrating as the lack of signings is, I'd much rather he took his time to get the right standard of player in, than jumping in and signing the first jobbers available just to pad out the squad and appease a handful of knicker-wetters amongst the support.

good post

This just keeps going back and forward.

Folk worrying, then we’ve got folk explaining why we haven’t brought anyone in yet. Then it’s countered with but “everyone knows the areas to strengthen, this should have been priority” then “we should have kept our CB’s we already had last season” and then it goes on and on. 

Just fucking win today Rovers…

32 minutes ago, Wardy said:

This just keeps going back and forward.

Folk worrying, then we’ve got folk explaining why we haven’t brought anyone in yet. Then it’s countered with but “everyone knows the areas to strengthen, this should have been priority” then “we should have kept our CB’s we already had last season” and then it goes on and on. 

Just fucking win today Rovers…

totally agree

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Well, he hasn’t signed a rapist so he’s doing better than the last guy at least…

Or a Fernandy or a BRS. both players couldn’t kick a ball save themselves. 

…….Or permacrocks.. Yet!!

4 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Murray, just give Poplatnik the money. When he got his chance of 90 minutes he bloody delivered. Anyway revel in the joy of a cup win. RRFC1883

Interesting you shared those highlights and not the ones from the midweek after where he was absolutely stinking. Anyway moot point, Poplatnik isn’t happening.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Interesting you shared those highlights and not the ones from the midweek after where he was absolutely stinking. Anyway moot point, Poplatnik isn’t happening.

Every player in the second half that season were stinking. He was one player in a squad that shat the bed. Connolly was the only player in that shitshow that actually gave a fook. It was merely wishful thinking. 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Murray, just give Poplatnik the money. When he got his chance of 90 minutes he bloody delivered. Anyway revel in the joy of a cup win. RRFC1883

Selective, faulty, rose tinted memory. He was abject more times than deadly.