The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To be fair, when the manager says he hoped to have up to 3 players in by Sunday, and as of Saturday AM there hasn't even been a hint of a rumour - that is a concern of sorts.

Exactly if if one deal was concluded then fair enough, I would definitely cut him some slack, he has put the squad in this position and it’s his job to sort it, our one cb struggled on Tuesday against league 2 opponents ( no offence to the sons) and looked like he was injured,that has to concern fans, I’m not panicking but ffs it’s his job to sort this and if the answer is giving a couple of trialists 1-2 month deals to see if they can win longer deals then fair enough not fill the squad with more teenagers from other clubs( which looks like his policy) lots of players get freed every year for whatever reasons some players don’t  work at clubs but they aren’t all rubbish, you just need to look hard to find a gem

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Already heard Matej wanted too much money so that’s why he wasn’t signed. Bene was also one of the highest earners.

Frankies deal would have included accommodation so again another cost. He also failed to nail down a starting position within the team for 2 years, (FFS Davo kept him out the team) and had a bad injury.

It almost as if some of these players are getting better because they aren’t here anymore, and people are forgetting what they were actually like. 
Matej for example was busy but wasn’t the finisher we needed or now need - cup final performance aside.

They were definitely better than an empty jersey.

Whether it's cash related, or because players aren't being sold the club by Murray, it's clear we are struggling to get any sort of quality in. 

If we are still saying the same thing this time next week that's a major black mark against Murray and it puts him on the back foot with the support right from the get go.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I had heard that he's a free agent now, off the Rovers books, but I have no confirmation of that being accurate. 

Hopefully it is true and the club has kept it quiet because they might not want another PR disaster by mentioning the name of said player

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Whether it's cash related, or because players aren't being sold the club by Murray, it's clear we are struggling to get any sort of quality in. 

If we are still saying the same thing this time next week that's a major black mark against Murray and it puts him on the back foot with the support right from the get go.

I get the quality over Quantity part but Jesus Christ we can’t even get 1 player over the line with the quality he needs and how many weeks since our last signing? Is a bit worrying and I don’t want to hear the waiting on teams loans excuses either because of teams in this league have made loan signings already 

If I'm honest I feel less than enthusiastic at present, not just about the coming season but the club in general. I definitely feel that in the course of this year a bit of the passion has gone, which for a Rovers fan who's gone H&A since 1977 is a bit of a strange feeling.

Hopefully Murray will get it right and get the right people in but for me the wheels came off the bus last season and simply changing the coach driver isn't going to solve the issue.

Yes there were changes need after last season but the ones that have been implemented haven't  shown signs of being the right ones....at least not yet!

Matthews, Stanton, Spencer and even Arnott are very good players, but are Brown and Easton vast  improvements to what was/is arguably our strongest area of the team?

Is Ian Murray an improvement on John McGlynn?

As I said the wheels definitely came off and I fear in the process we also careered off the road, I'm hopeful if not massively confident those running the club know what they are doing to get us going again.

I'm struggling for optimism, so perhaps a decent signing or 2 would help.

4 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

If I'm honest I feel less than enthusiastic at present, not just about the coming season but the club in general. I definitely feel that in the course of this year a bit of the passion has gone, which for a Rovers fan who's gone H&A since 1977 is a bit of a strange feeling.

Hopefully Murray will get it right and get the right people in but for me the wheels came off the bus last season and simply changing the coach driver isn't going to solve the issue.

Yes there were changes need after last season but the ones that have been implemented haven't  shown signs of being the right ones....at least not yet!

Matthews, Stanton, Spencer and even Arnott are very good players, but are Brown and Easton vast  improvements to what was/is arguably our strongest area of the team?

Is Ian Murray an improvement on John McGlynn?

As I said the wheels definitely came off and I fear in the process we also careered off the road, I'm hopeful if not massively confident those running the club know what they are doing to get us going again.

I'm struggling for optimism, so perhaps a decent signing or 2 would help.

Definitely bud think we can all relate to this 👍🏻

8 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:
I had heard that he's a free agent now, off the Rovers books, but I have no confirmation of that being accurate. 

I'm sure of that's the case it would be all over the press abd club website. I call your bluff

Definitely this, I spoke to the owner about a month or so ago, at that point he was saying that we should have news of his departure soon. With that in mind I'm sure the club will issue something when/if it ever happens.

In the ideal world Sim, Sinton, Morgan & McDonald would be issuing a joint statement saying that they've personally paid up his contract and he's away.

13 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
2 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I'm sure of that's the case it would be all over the press abd club website. I call your bluff

Like I said, no confirmation therefore no bluff to be called 😁 it's immaterial either way as the money to pay him or pay him off comes from club funds so it does us no benefit either way from a budget point of view.

As for the announcement etc, why would you? Raise another PR circus around the club with stories and people coming out asked for their opinions etc, the bad outweighs the good. 

Goodwillie is still on the books. We'll know when he's off the books of the club. No idea how the club will approach it given it will be an absolute shitshow when it happens. 

It's worth mentioning Niall Russell was on an Aberdeen podcast and spoke about the episode which was released 3 days ago.  There's a wee discrepencies which can happen when talking about timelines (Hendry went back to St Johnstone in the winter window, Killie beat us to him earlier in the season). From 1:15:30 on he confirms that he's still on the books and that conversations are still going on and that something will be announced "very, very soon" but that it's "all in the hands of legal reps". 

The overall segment starts on 1:01:00

Edited by Broken Algorithms

33 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Goodwillie is still on the books. We'll know when he's off the books of the club. No idea how the club will approach it given it will be an absolute shitshow when it happens. 

It's worth mentioning Niall Russell was on an Aberdeen podcast and spoke about the episode which was released 3 days ago.  There's a wee discrepencies which can happen when talking about timelines (Hendry went back to St Johnstone in the winter window, Killie beat us to him earlier in the season). From 1:15:30 on he confirms that he's still on the books and that conversations are still going on and that something will be announced "very, very soon" but that it's "all in the hands of legal reps". 

The overall segment starts on 1:01:00

Ahh cheers for that. Stand corrected my good man

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Like I said, no confirmation therefore no bluff to be called 😁 it's immaterial either way as the money to pay him or pay him off comes from club funds so it does us no benefit either way from a budget point of view.

As for the announcement etc, why would you? Raise another PR circus around the club with stories and people coming out asked for their opinions etc, the bad outweighs the good. 

Because there are people who have established they will not contribute funds to Raith as long as he is on the payroll?

When are we due to hear the prematch interview with IM. I hope he gets asked questions about signings. Twice now we've been told to expect a signing in this case 2 perhaps 3 and no one appears. Just not good enough for a club that must be thinking top half of table, as if stands we are bottom half if not bottom 2 with our squad depth. One fit centre half and not an out and out striker.