The New Raith Rovers Thread

So, although this requires a bit of suspension of disbelief, if I am reading the tables correctly, Aberdeen are now guaranteed to go through tomorrow even if we beat them, while any sort of win will get us through. 

Time for a Sunday carve up.... 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So, although this requires a bit of suspension of disbelief, if I am reading the tables correctly, Aberdeen are now guaranteed to go through tomorrow even if we beat them, while any sort of win will get us through. 

Let's have a re-enactment of West Germany v Austria in the 1982 World Cup.

We score early then we all relax.

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Quite galling really, if we'd been good enough to beat either of Dumbarton or Stirling we'd be there too. Even a penalty win over Stirling would have been enough to see us through with a draw at Pittodrie.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Goodwillie is still on the books. We'll know when he's off the books of the club. No idea how the club will approach it given it will be an absolute shitshow when it happens. 

It's worth mentioning Niall Russell was on an Aberdeen podcast and spoke about the episode which was released 3 days ago.  There's a wee discrepencies which can happen when talking about timelines (Hendry went back to St Johnstone in the winter window, Killie beat us to him earlier in the season). From 1:15:30 on he confirms that he's still on the books and that conversations are still going on and that something will be announced "very, very soon" but that it's "all in the hands of legal reps". 

The overall segment starts on 1:01:00

Aw I see is it free to listen too mate? 

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Like I said, no confirmation therefore no bluff to be called 😁 it's immaterial either way as the money to pay him or pay him off comes from club funds so it does us no benefit either way from a budget point of view.

As for the announcement etc, why would you? Raise another PR circus around the club with stories and people coming out asked for their opinions etc, the bad outweighs the good. 

Paying him off doesn’t necessarily mean it will come out of the clubs funds maybe the folk that sanctioned the deal might put there hands in their pockets we don’t know all what we will know is that Scumbag won’t be employed by us anymore 

18 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not quite true. If we put up a 4 goal win versus Aberdeen, they fall behind Killie (10), the Accies (9) and Livi (9) for three best second place. We have to win to qualify…one goal win as a third best second team, two or more as Group winner.

Edited by TxRover

43 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not quite true. If we put up a 4 goal win versus Aberdeen, they fall behind Killie (10), the Accies (9) and Livi (9) for three best second place. We have to win to qualify…one goal win as a third best second team, two or more as Group winner.

I know I mentioned suspending disbelief, but come on 😂

46 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not quite true. If we put up a 4 goal win versus Aberdeen, the fall behind Killie (10), the Accies (9) and Livi (9) for three best second place. We have to win to qualify…one goal win as a third best second team, two or more as Group winner.

Am I looking at the wrong leagues? Accies are only on 7 points no?

QotS 8pts +4gd, 

A win or a draw and a penalty shoot out win would see us through by my reckoning.

3 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

No it doesn’t. Just a small minority of the support.

We'll see. Right now he has no goodwill in the bank from performances to fall back on and his failure in the transfer market isn't exactly helping his cause. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Noticed I had the Accies on 9 (due to BBC incompetence), they are on 8. That gives us another path with a PK win!