The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Falkirk FC AGM: 1.2 million loss but club 'on the up on and off the park', commercial successes, 'Forever Falkirk' revealed

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-agm-12-million-loss-but-club-on-the-up-on-and-off-the-park-commercial-successes-forever-falkirk-revealed-4039686

Not an accusation that particular club can throw around. 

Il take some vinegar aswell as all of this salt please. 

Just now, renton said:

Ay least it puts paid to the idea we are the Fife Gretna, given we can't match Falkirk's terms...

Did we actually offer both anything that’s the thing? Because Spencer had an extension which he decided not to trigger (discussions mean that we would’ve  still be waiting a response probably) and Lang was released 

7 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Did we actually offer both anything that’s the thing? Because Spencer had an extension which he decided not to trigger (discussions mean that we would’ve  still be waiting a response probably) and Lang was released 

I suppose it's not an offer per se, but the option was open to him unconditionally. All he needed was a pen. 

Lang we will never know about, but sounds like we didn't make him an offer. Whether Murray didn't want him or whether he didn't want to stay, I don't know. 

Both players are better than League One, however. It is surprising they did not end up in the Championship. 

Edited by Michael W

5 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Rovers about to announce a signing? Put out something on there socials 

Think they're just teasing Stirling for using similar language to us when we've made signings recently. 

1 hour ago, Daz80 said:

What gives you that impression?

It’s just the impression I got, maybe his unhurried style of play , just seems a laid back guy and football is a job to him not an all consuming passion. I’m probably wrong, I have never spoken to him. I enjoyed watching him play but he needs a new challenge and will probably do well 

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I suppose it's not an offer per se, but the option was open to him unconditionally. All he needed was a pen. 

Lang we will never know about, but sounds like we didn't make him an offer. Whether Murray didn't want him or whether he didn't want to stay, I don't know. 

Both players are better than League One, however. It is surprising they did not end up in the Championship. 

Lang is two years, that’ll have been a factor…is Spencer two as well? With Falkirk desperate for promotion, signing proven Championship level players on a two year deal is good insurance.

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Lang is two years, that’ll have been a factor…is Spencer two as well? With Falkirk desperate for promotion, signing proven Championship level players on a two year deal is good insurance.

Two years with incremental increases…? I get the feeling this is the season they actually win the bloody thing. Thankfully we’ll be in the Premiership when they come up.

44 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Falkirk FC AGM: 1.2 million loss but club 'on the up on and off the park', commercial successes, 'Forever Falkirk' revealed

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-agm-12-million-loss-but-club-on-the-up-on-and-off-the-park-commercial-successes-forever-falkirk-revealed-4039686

Not an accusation that particular club can throw around. 

That's all well and good, Falkirk Herald, but tell us what their average loss since 2005 is!

14 minutes ago, Dalgety Rover said:

Just seen Tony Spencer from the CC has passed away. Used to play against him at 6’s a lot. 

RIP Tony

Yes really sad news. He was one of my sons coaches at Starks on a Sunday morning. A lot of the kids seemed to really like him, looked just a young laddie as well. 

Think there’s quite a bit of revisionism going on when analysing Spencer and Lang. Yes, both had their faults but they were more than decent players for Rovers. I know praising McGlynn is also frowned upon these days but you’ve got to give him credit for picking them up from Forfar and Clyde to do a job for us.

What’s unfortunate in Spencer’s case is that his best season for us (20/21) came when there were no fans in the grounds to watch him and Hendry bossing the midfield.

Surprised that they have both decided to drop a level but don’t wish them any ill will.