The New Raith Rovers Thread

28 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Amusing to see Tranmere fans posting how they like the signing but they need a box to box midfielder with more bite next to him…signed too fast, Brad!

Has anybody been able to actually successfully buy a ticket for the Linlithgow Rose match via Fanbase?  Just get an error every time I try and pay.

Tickets for the Kelty game are also available on Fanbase just now and they go through with no issues.

18 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aaron Muirhead, who'd been vaguely linked as a potential solution to our gaps at centre half, has signed an extension at Partick Thistle. 

Good. Have an entirely rational hatred of him and was already doing mental gymnastics to work out how I’d manage to roll back my opinions on him for the length of his contract. 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Hoped to have a defender or two announced before Saturday , still time but definitely frustrating 

Definitely frustrating I would’ve thought at least one would’ve been signed yesterday and gave him the 5 days to train for the game on Saturday 

I get the clamour for additional signings but these usually take a bit of time. I'd expect we've offered contracts and its up to the player to make a decision. I wonder if we put deadlines on these decisions with players or we just let them take as long as they need to decide to join us or another club? 

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I get the clamour for additional signings but these usually take a bit of time. I'd expect we've offered contracts and its up to the player to make a decision. I wonder if we put deadlines on these decisions with players or we just let them take as long as they need to decide to join us or another club? 

I would hope we put a deadline on it because I want players who want to play for us , I know that sounds idealistic but rather a hungry player from a lower division ( eg brown) than somebody who thinks he is doing us a favour, if we have no defenders lined up then we haven’t learned much from last summer and lang would have been worth a new deal imo 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

I would hope we put a deadline on it because I want players who want to play for us , I know that sounds idealistic but rather a hungry player from a lower division ( eg brown) than somebody who thinks he is doing us a favour, if we have no defenders lined up then we haven’t learned much from last summer and lang would have been worth a new deal imo 

Have you watched IM interview where he talked about defenders and being hopefully close to a couple of signings?

Of course we've got them lined up. Be patient, ffs. 

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Have you watched IM interview where he talked about defenders and being hopefully close to a couple of signings?

Of course we've got them lined up. Be patient, ffs. 

I did watch it and he said they were talking to a couple of players, would have thought they would have had an answer by now either way, as for patience you must have got my share 😉 

2 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Very likely that any players who were involved in the end of season play-offs are still on holidays. I'm sure it's all in hand 🙂

We signed Dabrowski when he was on holiday so deals could still be done with the new structure in place