The New Raith Rovers Thread

This team are routinely proving me wrong and making a mockery of my generally cynical nature, braw.

Massive amount of credit to Murray.  I didn't think for one second we would be let down or anything last night, but really thought that the injury and suspension situation was just that one game too far.  Very wrong, that was a fucking hiding.

Hamilton being back is massive.  A genuine striker and a genuine physical presence and focal point.  

However, as always with me, Scott Brown is the pick of the bunch.  I've said it too many times, but what the f**k was he doing playing in League 1?  Pound for pound, that's one of the best signings we've made in years.

Edited by CALDERON

18 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

This team are routinely proving me wrong and making a mockery of my generally cynical nature, braw.

Massive amount of credit to Murray.  I didn't think for one second we would be let down or anything last night, but really thought that the injury and suspension situation was just that one game too far.  Very wrong, that was a fucking hiding.

Hamilton being back is massive.  A genuine striker and a genuine physical presence and focal point.  

However, as always with me, Scott Brown is the pick of the bunch.  I've said it too many times, but what the f**k was he doing playing in League 1?  Pound for pound, that's one of the best signings we've made in years.

Two points to mention for me. Firstly, Scott Brown now looks more than comfortable at centre half.

Secondly, we'll have three centre halves and two deep lying central midfielders to pick from next week. We've done so well to get through the last month.

7 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

However, as always with me, Scott Brown is the pick of the bunch.  I've said it too many times, but what the f**k was he doing playing in League 1?

It seemed that every time his contract was up he had offers to move upwards but for one reason or another they never materialised, no doubt it was financial until the Kirkcaldy lucre came calling. Ayr, Falkirk & Dunfermline had all shown interest and it won't surprise anyone, most notably Peterhead fans that he's doing well. 

13 minutes ago, Kenny_m said:

It seemed that every time his contract was up he had offers to move upwards but for one reason or another they never materialised, no doubt it was financial until the Kirkcaldy lucre came calling. Ayr, Falkirk & Dunfermline had all shown interest and it won't surprise anyone, most notably Peterhead fans that he's doing well. 

We werent exactly flush when we signed him tbf.

23 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Two points to mention for me. Firstly, Scott Brown now looks more than comfortable at centre half.

Secondly, we'll have three centre halves and two deep lying central midfielders to pick from next week. We've done so well to get through the last month.

But no right back and potentially no left back as we don't know what'd up with Dick. Back 3 again next week with Mureay in the middle, Brown right and O'Reilly who looks good and aggressive on the left.

Looking at the Dunfermline thread it’s good to see their fans have moved on from discussions around our last game claiming their team is just as good as ours and a combined 11 would be almost 50/50 to now claiming we have the 2nd biggest budget in the league and how it’s been obvious to everyone since day 1 we’d finish at least 2nd due to our monstrous budget.

Clearly dishing out long term contracts to Joe Chalmers and Deniz Mehmet is part of the incredibly sensible and completely real long term project that we can only be jealous of with our boom or bust model with all our eggs in the basket of this season…

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

But no right back and potentially no left back as we don't know what'd up with Dick. Back 3 again next week with Mureay in the middle, Brown right and O'Reilly who looks good and aggressive on the left.

Maybe he sticks with brown a CH Brings Murray back in and maybe push O’Reilly out to the left if dick isn’t ready and McGill at right back or we could go to a back 3 again with Murray coming In for Millen 

Ethan Ross has been a frustrating one all round. Undoubted ability and in fairness the club went out their way to make the deal happen. But injuries and poor form mean he's spending the last 6 months of his contract playing I'm the league below us and that'll be the last we see of him. 

3 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Looking at the Dunfermline thread it’s good to see their fans have moved on from discussions around our last game claiming their team is just as good as ours and a combined 11 would be almost 50/50 to now claiming we have the 2nd biggest budget in the league and how it’s been obvious to everyone since day 1 we’d finish at least 2nd due to our monstrous budget.

Clearly dishing out long term contracts to Joe Chalmers and Deniz Mehmet is part of the incredibly sensible and completely real long term project that we can only be jealous of with our boom or bust model with all our eggs in the basket of this season…

Oh the irony of Pars fans alleging a club is throwing money they don't have to win the league 😂

3 hours ago, wellyboot said:

Would it be the Hendry who graced us at Raith or the player who has fallen down the rankings since he moved? Hendry was top class but Stanton is performing to a high level alongside Byrne, Brown and Easton. Stanton for me

Indeed, he has gone totally under the rankings, but I was only thinking of the talented player who once graced our hallowed "turf".🙂 I still think he could be part of this exceptional squad with the ability he's shown but it isn't going to happen so no point in discussing any further to be honest.🥺