The New Raith Rovers Thread

Yes I have taken this on, there was a bit of criticism going about regards some existing fans' groups so I made the suggestion that we try our own thing, it is not meant to rival anyone I must make clear, simply to see if we can help improve the atmosphere further and if this can take off. It's good to see a bit of debate regarding the idea, I don't think any newly-formed group is going to get backing from absolutely everybody. Our first bus trip as suggested on the site is planning to be the Alloa match in November, there's currently 8 possibly 9 on the bus but I've been re-assured that there should be a lot more by the end of the day today.

Needs bongos and a bugle IMO.

You're maybe giving the horse too much credit - hooves and steering wheels are a deadly combination. I'm seeing more Rod Stewart than Godzilla in profile. Or a compromise - Godzilla singing D'ya Think I'm Sexy?

Deal. Now, can we talk about that weird fucked up haunted house/ fucked up jekyll and hyde architecutre thing you call a badge.

Deal. Now, can we talk about that weird fucked up haunted house/ fucked up jekyll and hyde architecutre thing you call a badge.

Looks like half of it was hit by the laser from Tron

I don't see any issue with it. Just because you are forming a new group doesnt mean there is going to be a battle royale with other fans groups. Hope your first trip goes well and remember you arent a proper group without a flag (I suggest a pair of massive hands)

Bionic hands, you might say....

Looks like half of it was hit by the laser from Tron

Or MechaGodzilla

Crushingly straightforward badge for us...

Green bit at the bottom represents the grass of East End Park.

The house thing is Malcolm Canmore's tower (or possibly his phallus - it was designed by an art teacher after all)

There are some nice trees and then some good zig zags.

Not sure what the D-A-F-C represents though. Dunfermline Are Fiddling Creditors?

:lol: Utterly daft that folk were saying that. The bionic hands one was brilliant. The good the bad and the ugly theme for Allan Walker was fantastic too a few years back.

Problem with footy fans is all they do is recycle the same songs they hear other fans singing, with different lyrics. It's hard to pinpoint any original songs the Raith fans have come up with, but a few i can think of are:

(Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)

Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ahhhh

Lan Walker

(Bananarama - Robert de Niro's Waiting)

Marco Pelosi's playing,

He's not Italian

(Balamory theme)

What's the story Armand One,

Should have stayed on the bench

(no tune whatsover)

He's got

Bionic Hands

(Hi-Ho, from Snow White)

Davo, Davo

It's up the league we go

(terrible!)

(Surfin' Bird)

Well everybody's heard

About McGurn

Edited by Stelios

Problem with footy fans is all they do is recycle the same songs they hear other fans singing, with different lyrics. It's hard to pinpoint any original songs the Raith fans have come up with, but a few i can think of are:

(Ennio Morricone - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly)

Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ahhhh

Lan Walker

(Bananarama - Robert de Niro's Waiting)

Marco Pelosi's playing,

He's not Italian

(Balamory theme)

What's the story Armand One,

Should have stayed on the bench

(no tune whatsover)

He's got

Bionic Hands

(Hi-Ho, from Snow White)

Davo, Davo

It's up the league we go

(terrible!)

(Surfin' Bird)

Well everybody's heard

About McGurn

Or who could forget

Gold

Always believe in Rob Sloan

He has the power to score

In football related news, unless Grant Murray is merely publicly defending his player while privately telling him he's a fanny, I can't agree with this at all:

http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/we-don-t-want-dougie-to-lose-his-physical-side-1-3156262

A couple of his red cards have been a bit unfortunate (Hearts, Deveronvale) but Saturday's was outright stupidity. Five red cards in 45 games to my count. Once every nine games. He's put him team-mates in the shit on many occasions and he needs to sort it out.

Least when Hill has been sent off we haven't been beaten*

*within 90 minutes.

Who knows..if Hill had been on the park out second half performance at Hamilton could have been like the first half and been on the end of a thrashing...all hindsight of course.

*within 90 minutes.

Who knows..if Hill had been on the park out second half performance at Hamilton could have been like the first half and been on the end of a thrashing...all hindsight of course.

I know you probably mean this season, but we were 1-1 with ten men when he got a ridiculous red card against Dunfermline (we lost 3-1), and 0-0 with fifteen minutes to play against Hamilton (we lost 2-0). We were also on top at 1-1 when he got a red card against Hearts - not saying we'd have definitely won without him, merely that he made the possibility of victory much harder.

We definitely played much better in the second half and were well worth our excellent point. I'm sure if you'd asked the players at 5pm what they thought of Hill barging in like that on a yellow card though you'd hear some less than complimentary stuff. He needs to cut it out. He's 28, not a youngster.

I know you probably mean this season, but we were 1-1 with ten men when he got a ridiculous red card against Dunfermline (we lost 3-1), and 0-0 with fifteen minutes to play against Hamilton (we lost 2-0). We were also on top at 1-1 when he got a red card against Hearts - not saying we'd have definitely won without him, merely that he made the possibility of victory much harder.

We definitely played much better in the second half and were well worth our excellent point. I'm sure if you'd asked the players at 5pm what they thought of Hill barging in like that on a yellow card though you'd hear some less than complimentary stuff. He needs to cut it out. He's 28, not a youngster.

Oh I agree entirely, I was just saying least it's not cost us too much..this season at least.

The games you point out from last season are definitely inexcusable and he deserves to come under scrutiny for his reckless behaviour. I understand Murray's point to an extent as well, but Hill should know when to make a challenge like his second yellow at Hamilton, and when not to.

*within 90 minutes.

Forget Dougie, If only we still had Lewis Bonar, I am sure he would have fired us to the top of the league by now.

Not convinced defence is where we need more support, but I've a feeling Hill's red card habit is the rationale behind this one. He can also play as a DM.

it remains that out wide is where we've got the least depth, i.e. nothing beyond Cardle and Anderson. In saying that, we do have two attacking full backs, which would negate the impact of losing one of them somewhat.