The New Raith Rovers Thread

58 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s pretty simple, they probably aren’t acting to enforce the bans per se, but have them to use if the banned individuals either catch the eye of security or such. Effectively, a ban imposed by the club is a no trespass order, and means that IF the individual(s) banned is caught within the property, there are additional charges that can be pressed.

As a fun bonus, even a social media post showing them present at EEP could be used to pursue charges against them, so it’s basically hitting them where they “live”.

A club ban has no real implications other than the club won't sell them tickets, and will throw them out if they find them in the ground.

No one will get charged if they ignore it. The club may just lengthen the ban. That's not a criticism of the pars, the only trespass in Scotland that is criminal is on the railway.

A court issued football banning order is completely different and has much more serious consequences.

If we were to be promoted we need to look to offloading 3 or 4 players and bringing in 3 or 4 loans from down south. Dundee have been fairly successful. Hopefully then we don't burst the budget and although it may mean a struggle if we do come down again then we are not lumbered with players on Prem wages in the Championship. 

5 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

A club ban has no real implications other than the club won't sell them tickets, and will throw them out if they find them in the ground.

No one will get charged if they ignore it. The club may just lengthen the ban. That's not a criticism of the pars, the only trespass in Scotland that is criminal is on the railway.

A court issued football banning order is completely different and has much more serious consequences.

Saved me

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Every chance they were big game hunters so probably wont bother them plus dont see how DAFC police such a ban?Different if its a ban imposed by the police/courts

To get in the North West you need to have a season ticket this year so that will now be cancelled I'd imagined. If nothing else it'll have hit them a bit in the pocket in that regard. 

As you said if they keep there head down, don't act the dick and get there pal to buy them a ticket there's every chance they could get into the Norrie/Main Stand. It's a very hard ban to police. 

6 hours ago, raith1974 said:

I know some fans are questioning our finances but PT publicly in the summer faced a bleak future with all the board room shenanigans. Can I ask if that is the case how you are signing or potentially signing players in January.

I'm not sure where Patrick's board would have budgeted for them finishing in the league this season, but given that 3rd place brings significant prize money and looks like their worst outcome, and their gates have been decent, it's not unreasonable that they'll have a bit of breathing space to strengthen the squad in January.

9 hours ago, MICMAC said:

Hannah won't go out on loan as Murray said that he wanted to keep him at the club for the season and develop him, Might be the same with Corr. Masson will only go out if he's guaranteed game time. Don't think we'll see Ross back at the club or Arnott. Mitchell is a weird one as he's not getting a lot of game time at Least Fife. I still think that Murray will try and develop Hannah into a centre half as he's a big laddie and also has a bit of pace about him and is still young enough to learn the position properly.

Corr is almost 20, and was at Celtic for what looked like on his socials for over 10’years playing 2 of them for the reserves. 

him and Masson should both get out on loan. I think we all just have a soft spot for Hannah because he’s a local laddie. 

16 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Are they season ticket holders?

Theres virtually nothing stopping them getting into the Norrie/Main Stand

BTW,not for one minute criticising the ban handed out by DAFC

They'll have to be, the North West is sold out this season. 

Of course the drama is that with the season tickets being so cheap for teenagers, that from looking at the north West this season there's a good few that have been bought and are only coming for the big games. 

Anyone know how Arnott has been getting on at East Kilbride? No chance we'll be recalling him this window as we're well stocked in midfield and he's ineligible to play for anyone else. Would also assume that would spell the end of his career at the club with his contract expiring in the summer. Thought he showed real potential but no chance he'd be getting into our current squad due to the quantity of talent available. Wish him well in the future, hope a League 1 or 2 side takes a punt on him.

What are folk not getting about Callum Hannah & him being brand new to the professional game?

Murray’s on record saying he wants Hannah at the club this season. That doesn’t mean Murray’s in a rush to play him, nor does it mean Hannah’s career is going to stall because he’s not playing every week.

He was given a two year deal. I’d wager a massive part of the thinking was he’d be kept close to the club for the first 12 months & then he’d be loaned out once or twice the following season. With any luck, he’ll kick on & get a new deal from there.

I don’t understand the clamour to get him out on loan just now. He won’t be ready for regular first team action next season anyway & it’s not like he’s on a mammoth wage that needs shifted in order to bring new bodies in.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm not sure where Patrick's board would have budgeted for them finishing in the league this season, but given that 3rd place brings significant prize money and looks like their worst outcome, and their gates have been decent, it's not unreasonable that they'll have a bit of breathing space to strengthen the squad in January.

Did they ever benefit as a club from the late Colin Weir's millions, or was it all spunked into the fans buy out plans for control of the club? Indeed, what did happen with his millions that went in the direction of Firhill? Anyone know?

15 minutes ago, embow said:

Did they ever benefit as a club from the late Colin Weir's millions, or was it all spunked into the fans buy out plans for control of the club? Indeed, what did happen with his millions that went in the direction of Firhill? Anyone know?

To answer question in the post before this - we apparently budgeted for a 3rd place finish.

in terms of why we all of a sudden have money, we did get a few unexpected windfalls in the way of new investments, solidarity payments for ex players transfers (Jack Hendry, Kevin Nisbet) and also an away tie in the cup against hearts. Simply guesswork from me but this might be why we have a wee bit for January. We didn’t really know what the budget was to begin with, or if it was all used. Tbh the club didn’t really say the playing budget would be greatly affected in the first place when they put that statement out and I heard as soon as a week later, that the board had regretted putting it out because quickly, they plugged the gaps with increased ST and pledges from fan groups.

As far as I know, Weir specifically abstained from putting money directly into thistle. He set up the academy, which in turn allowed thistle to develop players and sell on or get compensation, as well as get a good few decent players through the team. it was only when weir passed away that the funding stopped to a halt I think. Initial investment I’m sure was 1million.

To my knowledge he didn’t give thistle any money other than the shares he was holding to transfer for fan ownership. 

Edited by BigMadMental

5 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

False, with regard to Trespass in Scotland, but commonly believed. It is generally a civil matter, and can result in civil actions, but it isn’t the easiest thing to navigate. The most common use of trespass in Scotland is unlawful residence, but entering where banned is a violation of the 1865 Act. The 2003 amendment established a recreational right to roam, not freedom to enter wherever. I agree it’s unlikely they would be pursued, but it isn’t impossible, and any further unlawful acts in EEP would result in more significant action against them if they are violating a Club ban..

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

False, with regard to Trespass in Scotland, but commonly believed. It is generally a civil matter, and can result in civil actions, but it isn’t the easiest thing to navigate. The most common use of trespass in Scotland is unlawful residence, but entering where banned is a violation of the 1865 Act. The 2003 amendment established a recreational right to roam, not freedom to enter wherever. I agree it’s unlikely they would be pursued, but it isn’t impossible, and any further unlawful acts in EEP would result in more significant action against them if they are violating a Club ban..

Unless someone is occupying or lodging without permission the police aren't interested:

https://www.askthe.scottish.police.uk/view-category/?id=cc59a670-06f6-eb11-94ef-002248405a51

The Pars have done the most they can in terms of a club issued ban, but it's no different to your local pub banning you, if you get caught sneaking in the worst that will happen is you get kicked out/ a temporary ban will be extended.

If two people commit the same crime within a football ground, one won't get a more serious punishment due to having been banned by the club. It's a complete irrelevance. Having previous convictions and violating a court issued banning order is a different story.

26 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Unless someone is occupying or lodging without permission the police aren't interested:

https://www.askthe.scottish.police.uk/view-category/?id=cc59a670-06f6-eb11-94ef-002248405a51

The Pars have done the most they can in terms of a club issued ban, but it's no different to your local pub banning you, if you get caught sneaking in the worst that will happen is you get kicked out/ a temporary ban will be extended.

If two people commit the same crime within a football ground, one won't get a more serious punishment due to having been banned by the club. It's a complete irrelevance. Having previous convictions and violating a court issued banning order is a different story.

Agree on the police, because its a civil matter. However, any magistrate dealing with any issue can consider civil violations as aggravating factors to the criminal acts. Basically, all it does is potentially limit their easy ability to attend matches and brag about it if they're involved in anything else. It's a fig leaf, but it does also build a background if they get nicked for something else.

4 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

To answer question in the post before this - we apparently budgeted for a 3rd place finish.

in terms of why we all of a sudden have money, we did get a few unexpected windfalls in the way of new investments, solidarity payments for ex players transfers (Jack Hendry, Kevin Nisbet) and also an away tie in the cup against hearts. Simply guesswork from me but this might be why we have a wee bit for January. We didn’t really know what the budget was to begin with, or if it was all used. Tbh the club didn’t really say the playing budget would be greatly affected in the first place when they put that statement out and I heard as soon as a week later, that the board had regretted putting it out because quickly, they plugged the gaps with increased ST and pledges from fan groups.

As far as I know, Weir specifically abstained from putting money directly into thistle. He set up the academy, which in turn allowed thistle to develop players and sell on or get compensation, as well as get a good few decent players through the team. it was only when weir passed away that the funding stopped to a halt I think. Initial investment I’m sure was 1million.

To my knowledge he didn’t give thistle any money other than the shares he was holding to transfer for fan ownership. 

Where exactly did you get any money for Kevin Nisbet? We signed him on a free transfer and then he went to the Pars (we got a nominal fee for him) the Pars then sold him to Hibs for £150k with a 30% sell on fee. You got zilch for Nisbet as there was no development fee payable to anybody apart from us. Same with Jack He dry, he signed for Dundee from Wigan on a free transfer so no money involved there either. Basically, you got £340k from Wigan in 2015 and then nothing as they both left on free transfers

11 hours ago, stevoraith said:

However….. Being in the Premiership means being beaten more often. It means success is not being relegated. It means lots of teams with not much to play for for the last couple of months of the season. It means 6 or 8 games a season where you play teams whose budget for a week is your budget for a year. It means having horrible sectarian nonsense in the town between two or four times a season.
It means the temptation to spend outwith our means to keep up with bloody Motherwell and spending significant amounts on new infrastructure.  

The most pathetic post ive ever seen on this site, and thats genuinely true.

Never thought id see a fan of any club on here talking about their side is "too small" to achieve anything when theyve seen St Johnstone win a double, ICT finish 3rd and win a Scottish Cup, Livingston finish in the top 6 in back to back seasons etc., in the past decade.

By the sounds of things you dont actually pay attention to the top flight and are just rattling out generic complaints based on what others say.