The New Raith Rovers Thread

46 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Arbroath away moved to the Friday for BBC coverage.  Ruins a potentially great Saturday afternoon out.

Both away games moved to evenings, can’t imagine the bar owners are happy either as we normally bring up a decent number to partake in a beverage or two.  Shame enjoy a Saturday game in Arbroath and might not get one next season as things stand. 

54 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I don’t actually disagree with the fact that Vaughan is off form just now, well he’s not scored in his last 5 games if that constitutes being off form. It might actually be the longest he’s gone without scoring since he’s been with us!

Who do you drop him for though? Smith/Gullan? Neither of them have been setting the heather alight either. 

Interesting suggestion on the role Rudden might play was more of a pest than direct threat. To an extent, that’s  been a common role for Connolly and Easton, but a more forward, central and physical version with Rudden. If that’s what comes to pass, starting with Hamilton and Rudden would be ideal for a player like Vaughan to come on at the 60 minute mark. The defenders are already tired, and they see the more physical Rudden give way to a dancing and fresh Vaughan who can take advantage of them. The opposing coach is now facing reacting to that with a sub rather than making a sub to advance his planning, so we remove one of their their momentum change opportunities as well.

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I'm going to have to start reading those emails 

It's a bit like 'hunt the thimble' atm with the Rovers media team...Does 'hunt the thimble' reference date me, is this still a thing?? 

Edited by berko

Absolutely no chance that is in that email on purpose haha.

Hamilton is one of the first on the teamsheet, but we must have a better option than me currently do when he is not fit or has to come off. Rudden fits the bill for me 100%. A good move by the club. 

Edited by Raithfan2711

This is not an itk post but would be great if it was a double signing (Ashcroft and Rudden). Two players from same club, might as well do both deals at the same time.