The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just an absolutely awful performance. Spent most of the 2nd half hoofing the ball, hoping for a break. Ay no point did we have any foothold in that game.

Another poor poor performance. The season is in danger of drifting away from us. Never tested the keeper, never created anything, look a shadow of the team from before Christmas. Huge game coming up against Utd with the pack also chasing us. 

Airdrie thoroughly deserved the win, more desire more energy and better organised, 

Still trying to workout out what Murrays game plan is, 5 defeats in a row and still the same mundane football getting produced, 

Too many passengers in the team time for the manager to start looking to freshen things up, what's happening  with young corr? I've not seen him have a bad game when he's actually played! 

4-1-3-2 a total disaster tonight. If none of your wide players are in form, try and add a body or two in midfield and build a platform that way. 

Totally pathetic, no idea on the park and no idea from the dugout on how to change it.

Haven't played at all since Tannadice, heven help us in 2 weeks time when united come to us.

Gaffer needs to take the blame as well as the players, never expected us to be up there beside united but expected us to work hard and compete on the park but they aren't doing that and formations and tactics are rubbish.

Just now, FitbaSupporter said:

Ross Matthews in against Dundee United alongside Scott Brown. May as well be a man down with the likes of Turner and Easton in there.

4-3-3

If your wide players are off form, try and build through the middle. 

Airdrie, again, were absolutely miles better than us tonight.

Its fairly obvious we were in a false position.  To be 5 points clear at Xmas was very, very generous.  There had been some fairly clear warning signs throughout the season that the form wasnt sustainable playing the way we were.  I do agree that we weren't "that" good to start with.

However, the implosion since then has been fairly remarkable. 

The management shown since the game at Tannadice has been incredibly naive.  The way we fall out of games and lose any momentum or cohesion as the game goes on is absolutely staggering.

I know that we still have the loan window to go, but losing O'Reilly, not replacing him, and bringing in another midfielder we don't need (and who looks frankly miles off it) is about as a bad as we could have possible hoped in terms of January business.  Theres more to it than simply blaming the defence, but that defence tonight was probably the worst I've seen this season - and that's our first choice.  

Its important not to overact and all that - but 5 defeats on the bounce is awful form at the best of times - and the sheer lack of game management and intelligence seen in the past month is pretty terrifying - genuinely reminiscent of Locke's tenure.  It's very, very difficult to see where the next win is coming from.  

Edited by CALDERON

Genuinely can’t see any light from the tunnel with this rut we’re in. 

Doesn’t matter what formation we play or the personnel on the park. 

When the f**k will we be able to defend a straight punt up the fucking park?

and if we’re going long to Hamilton ,who won the majority of his duels in the air tonight, when will someone fucking gamble or actually play off the boy?! It just renders it fucking pointless knocking the ball to the man in the first place!

Shite!!!

United will fucking destroy us at Starks. Euan Murray is either injured or just fucking garbage as I always thought he was ( especially for us) Watson his first game back and was anonymous. A team without a plan A, B or a fucking C. Let’s be honest we are a one man team

Just now, RaithRyan said:

Genuinely can’t see any light from the tunnel with this rut we’re in. 

Doesn’t matter what formation we play or the personnel on the park. 

When the f**k will we be able to defend a straight punt up the fucking park?

and if we’re going long to Hamilton ,who won the majority of his duels in the air tonight, when will someone fucking gamble or actually play off the boy?! It just renders it fucking pointless knocking the ball to the man in the first place!

Shite!!!

nae need high baws rovers played like a grass pitch 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Airdrie, again, were absolutely miles better than us tonight.

Its fairly obvious we were in a false position.  To be 5 points clear at Xmas was very, very generous.  There had been some fairly clear warning signs throughout the season that the form wasnt sustainable playing the way we were.

The management shown since the game at Tannadice has been incredibly naive.  The way we fall out of games and lose any momentum or cohesion as the game goes on is absolutely staggering.

I know that we still have the loan window to go, but losing O'Reilly, not replacing him, and bringing in another midfielder we don't need (and who looks frankly miles off it) is about as a bad as we could have possible hoped in terms of January business. Theres more to it than simply blaming the defence, but that defence tonight was probably the worst I've seen this season - and that's our first choice.  

Its important not to overact and all that - but 5 defeats on the bounce is awful form at the best of times - and the sheer lack of game management and intelligence seen in the past month is pretty terrifying.  It's very, very difficult to see where the next win is coming from.

I’m not fully an xG/xPoints nerd but did find the difference between Raith’s actual points and expected points startling. I know a lot of that probably comes from all the late goals edging tight games but I, and I think most others, assumed that happened far too many times for it to just be luck.