The New Raith Rovers Thread

Please tell me rovers signing Colin Stewart is a fucking joke?

It's a kind of psychological ego boost thing for the benefit of Ross Laidlaw,

just so he knows no matter how shit he plays, its clown shoes in reserve, so he won't get dropped.

Masterclass in man management from Grant Murray IMHO...

Anyone at the Hall of Fame show tonight?

Truly great night, Big, big well done to all involved. Spence, Cardle, Thomson, Murray and Ellis (who was inducted) were there from the current crop. Ally Gourlay also mentioned that alongside his Hall of Fame induction, Saturday marked Laurie Ellis' entry into the top 10 for Raith Rovers appearances.

Also nice to see Grant Murray with a bit of self-depreciation when he spoke his wee bit by starting with "well first and foremost", followed by a wee smirk. I don't think anyone really got it but nice to see he knows we're onto him! :D

Truly great night, Big, big well done to all involved. Spence, Cardle, Thomson, Murray and Ellis (who was inducted) were there from the current crop. Ally Gourlay also mentioned that alongside his Hall of Fame induction, Saturday marked Laurie Ellis' entry into the top 10 for Raith Rovers appearances.

Also nice to see Grant Murray with a bit of self-depreciation when he spoke his wee bit by starting with "well first and foremost", followed by a wee smirk. I don't think anyone really got it but nice to see he knows we're onto him! :D

Was a fantastic event and night. I couldn't make last years so was determined to make this years show. Jimmy Nic was hilarious and Cardle was fair getting the pish ripped out of him by Leckie. Next years one should be epic with it being the 20th anniversary of our cup win. I'd hazard a guess that the whole Coca Cola cup team will be in attendance.

Well I'm not getting it, for one.

Do tell, cos we've no a clue whit this is!! ;)

Find it strange that you criticised people last week for calling a Chinese meal a chinky yet here you are calling fans of the rangers "orcs". A known sectarian insult invented by Celtic fans (orange rangers c*nt for those not sure!) or are you going to claim this is an unlikely coincidence and you are simply comparing them to wee monsters from a book/film!? :/

I'm not really bothered by it, just smacks of double standards a wee bit

Genuinely was not aware that Orc could mean this. I can't remember using the term but to be honest I may have in the past, totally unaware of this connotation.

I certainly wouldn't use it any more now that i'm aware of how it may potentially be recieved.

Was a fantastic event and night. I couldn't make last years so was determined to make this years show. Jimmy Nic was hilarious and Cardle was fair getting the pish ripped out of him by Leckie. Next years one should be epic with it being the 20th anniversary of our cup win. I'd hazard a guess that the whole Coca Cola cup team will be in attendance.

I'm the same, couldn't make last year as my boy was only days old. An absolutely smashing night which makes you so proud to see the contribution our wee club has made the the Scottish and British game.

Souness and Brady were captivating to listen to and Bill Leckie was a great host.

Will definitely be going next year.

Well done all involved.

The first and foremost thing is from his interviews. He nearly always starts with that phrase. I got it.

Superb night, as good as last year, and the kind of thing that makes you really proud of our wee team. When Gordon Brown was closing things at the end I was almost ready to get up on stage and start a singsong.

Thought Ally Gourlays dig at Cardles diving was a bit low. Clearly, everyone else did too. Tumbleweed.

Mon the Rovers!

The Bob Wilson clip was a nice touch as was the clip of the youngsters showing us how the club came to be known as Raith Rovers. Very well put together.

Between Bob Wilson and Liam Brady we should be looking at them meeting with Arsene Wenger to send some players our way ;)