The New Raith Rovers Thread

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Raith_Fox said:

There are still tickets left in the other sections (1&2 and 5&6).

Just noticed that 🤦‍♂️

No doubt the initial allocation will be sold out though

Edited by RAITHROVERS84

1 hour ago, Lanky Highlander said:

You talk some shite - County's support catchment area covers much of Highland rather than just the town of Dingwall. 

There will be little problem getting your allocation increased if you sell the initial amount I'd guess.

I'm all for smaller clubs doing well - I loathe the OF with a passion and believe everyone should support their local team. 

Aye a collection of wee villages full of B&Bs and overpriced hotels because 'it's the Highlands'

Folk should support their local team I agree, good for you.

2 hours ago, lgb61 said:

That might depend on Thursdays result, if the lads go up still in the game I'd reckon a sell out, but if we get skooshed on Thursday, can't see 1200 going all the way up there. How the hell they even keep going as a club I have no idea, town has a population of about 5500 I'll bet there are a fair number of OF & Dons fans in that number, should be in the Highland league

And yet, despite having a population 10 times the size of Dingwall, Raith haven't been in the top fight at all this century, and we've been in it 10 out of the last 11 seasons. How the hell they even keep going as a club I have no idea. 

Posted (edited)

Please leave the crowd w**k/size of club pish to deluded arseholes likes Falkirk and Dunfermline. Anyone supporting their local team and not the fucking OF is to be applauded. Every club is exactly where they deserve to be. 

Edited by FitbaSupporter

3 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

And yet, despite having a population 10 times the size of Dingwall, Raith haven't been in the top fight at all this century, and we've been in it 10 out of the last 11 seasons. How the hell they even keep going as a club I have no idea. 

Apparently your success is down to a goose called MacGregor shitting golden eggs.

Posted (edited)

Not to be a crowd w**k but that's some going since Saturday. 

Does anyone know how many seats each stand has? I m sure north and south hold about 3300 each.

Also is this the first time this season we haven't put away fans in the north stand? 

Screenshot_20240520_132049_Instagram.jpg

Edited by pub car king

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Not to be a crowd w**k but that's some going since Saturday. 

Does anyone know how many seats each stand has? I m sure northand sput hold about 3300 each.

Also is this the first time this season we haven't put away fans in the north stand? 

Screenshot_20240520_132049_Instagram.jpg

What a transformation of the club.

Years of 1300-1700 for a run of the mill league games. Would be something else if we’re opening and selling to home fans in the north stand after completing selling out the main and south. 

2 hours ago, lgb61 said:

How the hell they even keep going as a club I have no idea, town has a population of about 5500 I'll bet there are a fair number of OF & Dons fans in that number, should be in the Highland league

They're not called "County" for nothing. There's a fair following from many other towns and villages - Tain, Invergordon, Alness, The Black Isle, Muir of Ord, etc

On 18/05/2024 at 22:45, CrossgatesCynic said:

Re tickets & the free for all before the general sale - I agree that the system could do with a bit of tweaking.

For the SF, I made a conscious decision to move further back from our season ticket seats, largely due to the fact I wasn’t confident the bairn would see any of the game with folk standing in front of him in the singing section.

Initially, I naively assumed the seats available to me as alternatives were ‘free’ seats, & so I booked two more or less at random. Cue Friday night & it was pretty obvious we were in somebody else’s ‘usual’ seats &, whilst they had obviously just bought four or so right next to us, it had clearly put the whole thing out of kilter.

I’ve bought my ticket back at the usual spot for the game on Thursday, largely because the wee man isn’t coming along with it being a school night 8pm kick off. Bit shit that folk are missing out sitting in their season ticket seats though. 

I did the opposite.  Usually sit in the back row but bought tickets just behind the singing section.  Wanted the atmosphere but didn't fancy my 8yo son being in the middle of it.  I also wasn't able to tell if the seats I bought were season ticket seats so just took a chance.

The guy who has season tickets for the seats I was in wasn't happy about it and let me know about it.  We ended up on good terms by the end of it though.

I've gone back to my usual seat for Thursday.

That's the south stand sold out amd about 80% of the main stand as well. 

Looks like the north stand is opening up a block at a time from the Pratt Street side. 

Still plenty of availability for away fans as well. 

3 minutes ago, pub car king said:

That's the south stand sold out amd about 80% of the main stand as well. 

Looks like the north stand is opening up a block at a time from the Pratt Street side. 

Still plenty of availability for away fans as well. 

Really is great to see such an interest. I feel County have a worse deal than us for kick off times. Either an early finish from work or take a holiday to leave on time from Dingwall and not even get home until 1am roughly. Got to applaud any/all of them who do come down

I hope that as many people as possible will offer car pools for Sunday. There are no suitable trains unless you overnight. Busses are in very limited supply due to other events. Steve can only find 3 busses to run from The Weavers. Over 260 people had wanted to travel from there even with the 6.30am start.