The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, North West said:

I'm just about done with you lot, you're boring f**k out me now. I'm going to go over there soon to make a complete fuckin nuisance of myself. I hate them.

I’m glad we bored you to death, look forward to your banter with THEM

3 minutes ago, North West said:

How did that go today?

Well that result today is akin to a richt guid dry humping, ken.

image.png.f3c765c4ceb726cec2807a9a656716c0.png

It isn't though is it. For long periods we acquitted ourselves well, certainly a lot more than Thursday. Beaten by a clinical side who took their chances. It showed the gulf between the leagues, I don't believe any of the other sides in the league would have faired much, if any better. 

Can't complain though, got to push on next season as it's probably going to be pretty similar again. Dunfermline will be better (barring more injuries), Falkirk will be keen to show what they can do, Partick will improve again, Livi will spend (perhaps even spend well) and the rest will be equally good, if not better as well. 

Can't wait. 

3 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

It isn't though is it. For long periods we acquitted ourselves well, certainly a lot more than Thursday. Beaten by a clinical side who took their chances. It showed the gulf between the leagues, I don't believe any of the other sides in the league would have faired much, if any better. 

Can't complain though, got to push on next season as it's probably going to be pretty similar again. Dunfermline will be better (barring more injuries), Falkirk will be keen to show what they can do, Partick will improve again, Livi will spend (perhaps even spend well) and the rest will be equally good, if not better as well. 

Can't wait. 

Tbh the most competitive league by a mile. I'm looking forward to it.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, North West said:

I'm just about done with you lot, you're boring f**k out me now. I'm going to go over there soon to make a complete fuckin nuisance of myself. I hate them.

1 minute ago, North West said:

Tbh the most competitive league by a mile. I'm looking forward to it.

See you can talk sense sometimes 👏🏻

Edited by Been going too long

3 hours ago, North West said:

Officially the worst ever showing in these play offs, both the 4-0 shafting and the 6-1 over the 2 legs. Sublime.

Not as sublime as horsing your rivals 5 times in the one season. Can’t wait for Airdrie, Falkirk and Rovers to team up in the joint hatred of the townies 

14 minutes ago, North West said:

Feeling’s mutual.

43 minutes ago, Arab_R_us said:

tbf only 1 automatic promotion place is a joke

Is it though? I'd personally prefer a larger top division but whilst it remains 12, it's difficult to justify automatically relegating two. Likewise, automatically promoting two from a division of 10. County have just demonstrated that there's a fair gap between the two divisions.

Thought we actually played well in the 1st half. Big difference was their strength. Two goals home and away scored from corners due to having a decent presence in the box. The boy Brown on the right is a decent player, so are Dhanda and Murray. If we learn anything is that we need to sign a couple of big, physical type players hopefully with some experience. 

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Thought we actually played well in the 1st half. Big difference was their strength. Two goals home and away scored from corners due to having a decent presence in the box. The boy Brown on the right is a decent player, so are Dhanda and Murray. If we learn anything is that we need to sign a couple of big, physical type players hopefully with some experience. 

I remember when we were promoted our first game back in the top flight was against Dundee who physically dwarfed the team of EPL youth players & reality TV "stars" Alan Stubbs (spits) had assembled. 

Seen some LC games against lower league teams since then and felt altho' we might lose on the field we could get some revenge on the way up the tunnel afterwards.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Is it though? I'd personally prefer a larger top division but whilst it remains 12, it's difficult to justify automatically relegating two. Likewise, automatically promoting two from a division of 10. County have just demonstrated that there's a fair gap between the two divisions.

Anne Budge ,proposed 3 leagues of 16 ,But the Idiots rejected this , just to see Hearts relegated ? just a silly bitch fest attituded 🤔 Look at them now? back in the premiership , We could have the top 4 in the championship up in the TOP League ? but silly bitchness stopped that 🤬

So it's the end of the season. We've played some outstanding football at times. Had a makeshift defence for most of it and still finished 2nd, 14 points ahead of Partick in 3rd. 

The crowds have doubled and a lot of the times trebled on what we've been getting at San Starko for a long time.

I've told people to shut their puss because of their negatively and told them to give the players some encouragement when they haven't been at their best.

We have the added revenues from our league position, higher than normal crowds, playoff and tv money to come and I'm sure John Potter and Co will use it wisely during the summer.

2 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Anne Budge ,proposed 3 leagues of 16 ,But the Idiots rejected this , just to see Hearts relegated ? just a silly bitch fest attituded 🤔 Look at them now? back in the premiership , We could have the top 4 in the championship up in the TOP League ? but silly bitchness stopped that 🤬

Tbf, I think Anne Budge proposed 3 leagues of 16 entirely to save Hearts, rather than the other way round. It would be interesting to know whether she still advocates that model.

3 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

i THINK THERE WILL BE MONEY SPENT OVER THE SUMMER.....must be a fair bit of dosh coming our way........

BETWEEN OUR 2ND PLACE FINISH AND 4 TELEVISION APPEARANCES.

Trust me, you ain't getting ANY big money from your TV appearances - Livingston are getting all your ticket and TV cash.

You'll get low 5-figures.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tbf, I think Anne Budge proposed 3 leagues of 16 entirely to save Hearts, rather than the other way round. It would be interesting to know whether she still advocates that model.

I know mate, but it was and still is a good proposal. Teams like , Raith Rovers , Airdrie, Falkirk, would be Prem clubs . 

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

Just having a wee bitter laugh mate. Well done. If your team had t fucked around and got Cowie to begin with your team would be nowhere near the relegation zone

Would they?

Cowie was in charge for 15 games.

In that time they won 4 and picked up 16 points. Over a season that would give them about 4 more points, and one of his wins was against a club who they've never beaten before and likely wont again next season. 

I know you're just trying to big County up to excuse Raith for the result, but I'm finding this growing myth around County and Cowies quality a bit bizarre now.

12 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

It didnt happen because things like that take years to actually be perfected and brought into the game, and she stopped caring 12 months in when Hearts got promoted again.